Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBrady Blasphemy
Stranger
Low humidity in shotgun fc, please help
    #23343477 - 06/14/16 01:40 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

My shotgun fc was made using the tek to a T. 1/4" holes every 2" on all six sides, raised up by 4 large jars. I have a little over 5" of well rinsed perlite and the humidity in my house is at 54%. Also in my fc I am using 2 different analog hygrometers and both read between 75-80% humidity. I mist every 2-3 hours as well, what can I do to raise the humidity? And if holes need to be covered, which ones? Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBrady Blasphemy
Stranger
Re: Low humidity in shotgun fc, please help [Re: Brady Blasphemy]
    #23343497 - 06/14/16 01:43 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

Also in the room I have a ceiling fan that is on high, not sure if that makes a difference. Sorry for the common question but I have been really stressing this and obsessing until its stable and perfect.

InvisibleMoabfighter
Tam Fighter
 User Gallery

#23343498 - 06/14/16 01:43 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

Don't overthink it. It'll be fine. Run a humidifier in your grow room and don't worry about it.

--------------------
KSSS And PE WBS.

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #23343503 - 06/14/16 01:45 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

Well first of all ditch the hygrometers.

Look at the cakes mist them If you need to

50-80% humidity is what a SGFC should be at anyway. Within an inch from the surface of the cakes humidity is 90-99% as the moisture on the cakes evaporates into the air in the SGFC.

A fan on high in the room defeats the whole design, turn it off completely, do not run a humidifier in the room either. Noobs domt know what mushrooms actually want

OfflineNDStepp84
Stellar nuclear waste
Male User Gallery

Re: Low humidity in shotgun fc, please help [Re: bodhisatta]
    #23343546 - 06/14/16 01:55 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

:whathesaid: Measuring the RH of the chamber is pointless. If the sgfc is built to spec it will work. The humidity hat matters is on the surface of the cakes and cannot be measured, mist until covered with fine beads of moisture, repeat when not for best conditions. Use a lamp or flashlight to help see the beads.

A fan on in the room will disrupt the natural air currents that allow the sgfc to work the way it should.

--------------------

"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.
-Robert A. Heinlein 

:takingnotes: Links and teks:takingnotes:
ND's grow log and discussion
Plant thread

OfflineBrady Blasphemy
Stranger
    #23343558 - 06/14/16 01:58 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

Ok thank you so much for the help guys, helps put my mind at ease.

InvisibleComebackKid
Multispore Enthusiast
Male User Gallery

Loc: ked in the trunk of a car
Trusted Cultivator
    #23344127 - 06/14/16 04:56 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

Quote:

I mist every 2-3 hours as well, what can I do to raise the humidity? And if holes need to be covered, which ones? Any help is appreciated, thank you.

Misting to raise humidity is where I ran into problems on my first grow. I never gave the water on my cakes a chance to evaporate, which is a pinning trigger. Only mist when your cakes need it and only fan right after misting to promote evaporation. I took my hygrometer right out of my sgfc. It only ever led me to do stupid things

--------------------
:amanita2: Substrate surface conditions / Monotub prep and care :sporedrop:

Look around you... Everything you see exists inside the mind.
Consciousness, the awareness that is experiencing this mind,
is peering in from outside the universe.

Our individual experiences are all part of the universe's experience of itself

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract