Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Invisibletrees
 User Gallery

Casual conversations killing my soul * 5
    #23343419 - 06/14/16 01:22 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I always get caught and trapped into casual conversations with people where they keep talking and talking for tens of minutes to hours while I stand there only saying a few words like "yeah" and "haha".

But in my mind during these long conversations I'm thinking "holy fuck I dont give a SHIT, please stop talking".

And they never take a break to let me say anything so I can't even politely say I have to leave. And if I suddenly interrupt them to dismiss myself theyll probably  be hurt that I didn't care for them to finish their blabbering.

If you ever find yourself ranting without any response from the recipient of your rant, try shutting up for a second to consider whether or not they are dying inside.

--------------------
Trees is dead, this is his mum posting

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineNekobasu
Fan of Fungi

Loc: 3rd planet from the sun
Re: Casual conversations killing my soul [Re: trees]
    #23343452 - 06/14/16 01:33 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I feel like this often. I feel like most of the conversations we have with people are meaningless. It's not often that you find someone who you can have a deep, soul fulfilling conversation with.

--------------------
"..once you get locked into a serious drug collection, the tendency is to push it as far as you can."

Trade Stuff

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

Re: Casual conversations killing my soul [Re: Nekobasu]
    #23343495 - 06/14/16 01:43 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Most people I interact with on a daily basis talk about the most frivolous bull shit that I almost dread leaving the house in the morning, afraid to get cornered in a soul-sucking conversation. I wish I could just embark on my daily routine (working, shopping, etc) in a private bubble where I can enjoy my solitude and activities without being bothered or seen

OfflineNifflerz
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: THEY CALL ME PUDGE Flag
Re: Casual conversations killing my soul [Re: trees] * 1
    #23343500 - 06/14/16 01:44 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Lmao I feel your pain, OP.

Small talk sucks the life right out of me

--------------------
PRO-PROJECT 2025. ANTI-TOASTED CHEEZERZ.

:niffla:

Offlineak47myth
Stranger

Re: Casual conversations killing my soul [Re: Nifflerz] * 1
    #23343542 - 06/14/16 01:54 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I dry hand it.

Oh wait wrong thread.

Invisiblepirate-blues
Female

Re: Casual conversations killing my soul [Re: Nekobasu]
    #23343741 - 06/14/16 03:00 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I'm not big on small talk, but I can do it as long as I'm not in a bad mood or cranky. It's just a way to find some kind of common ground with other people, no matter how frivolous. I really appreciate that people in the northeast generally leave you alone, sometimes you'll get a casual passing statement about the weather or something but most of the time people keep to themselves and aren't spilling their guts to strangers and everyone has places to be but once you break past the cold exterior I think most people are actually incredibly kind. FFS, All you have to do is ask someone in NYC or most northeastern cities for directions and you'll get like 5 people all arguing with one another about the best route for you to take - unless you're trying to get between someone and a train they're trying to catch when they're rushing to get somewhere. People always say we're mean or angry..but things just move fast over here and it's the most dense area of the country...we see it as more polite to stay out of each other's way.

The south is totally different. I have family down there, and whenever I visit I'm always a little taken aback by how intrusive people are. Now, I have a soft spot for southerners and I can usually play along just fine, but it's definitely an adjustment...like, seriously lady, I'm just trying to shop for some clothes, please stop feeling the fabric of the outfit I'm currently wearing and bombarding me with compliments and pleasantries, it's weird.

Quote:

Nekobasu said:
I feel like this often. I feel like most of the conversations we have with people are meaningless. It's not often that you find someone who you can have a deep, soul fulfilling conversation with.

you just have to find your people. I feel like I run into a lot of people who aren't afraid of abstract conversation and who I can connect with on a deeper level as long as you meet them halfway. If you're not afraid to broach more complex and meaningful subjects then definitely don't sit around waiting for someone else to do it, because I think a lot of people don't want to be perceived as weird and stick to 'safe' topics as a result with people they don't know well.

All of my good friends and I don't need conversation to feel comfortable. Sometimes even if one of us has stuff to do, or both of us does, we'll just chill together anyway. Put on some music, smoke up, shut up, and do our own thing. :feelsgoodman:

Invisibleplasma
ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ

Re: Casual conversations killing my soul [Re: pirate-blues]
    #23343774 - 06/14/16 03:13 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

That's odd, maybe the lady wanted to bang

Invisiblepassifloracaerulea
 User Gallery

Re: Casual conversations killing my soul [Re: plasma]
    #23343813 - 06/14/16 03:22 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Tell the extrovert to "get a fucking smart phone" op!

Invisiblepirate-blues
Female

Re: Casual conversations killing my soul [Re: plasma]
    #23343815 - 06/14/16 03:23 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

maybe. middle aged soccer mom types don't really do it for me though. The funny thing was that I was at walmart trying to get clothing because the airline lost my luggage, and she was just obsessed with the ugly sweatpants I was wearing. super confusing. would've understood it more if I was dressed in some really nice threads or something.

InvisibleSirShroomsAlott
Howdy
I'm a teapot

Loc: United States Flag
    #23343824 - 06/14/16 03:26 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I feel like most casual conversation I have with random people end up being forced, which is the equivalent of fake to me, if we don't have anything in common or there's nothing there then that's fine, not everyone has to be friends or get along just because we're near each other , so I hate when a topic or conversation seems like it has to be forced to work, I'd rather just stand their quietly and not pretend I care, but I do because I'm polite, even though I contemplate suicide every time it happens.(not literally)

Invisibletrees
 User Gallery

Re: Casual conversations killing my soul [Re: pirate-blues]
    #23343878 - 06/14/16 03:43 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I do enjoy good conversations that have substance and meaning between me and then, but when someone decides to tell me their boring average irrelevant life story for an hour I start feeling sick until I manage to escape .

--------------------
Trees is dead, this is his mum posting

Invisibleblackdust
 User Gallery
    #23343886 - 06/14/16 03:46 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

fuck there feelings

Invisiblethelanzii

Re: Casual conversations killing my soul [Re: blackdust]
    #23343904 - 06/14/16 03:52 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

small talk isnt right speech nor is gossip or lying or speech that seperates

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/ptf/dhamma/sacca/sacca4/samma-vaca/

i have never had a meaningful conversation talking about the weather

Invisibledeucedbi9
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: UK
Re: Casual conversations killing my soul [Re: thelanzii]
    #23349668 - 06/16/16 02:58 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Nemmies said:

And why should it be.

It's like a simple "good day to ya, what a lovely day" when you meet a stranger, at say, a bus stop, or some such. An acknowledgement of their existance as a fellow human being.
The "conversation" doesn't have to go any further than that.
Most people can tell if you want to engage in further "conversation".

Maybe you're one of those ignorant cunts that will pass someone on a lonely path and ignore their "good morning" greeting.

I think it would interesting to watch a you-tube vid of the reactions of people on a rush hour, on a busy footpath, of someone greeting everyone with a "good morning" as they they passed by.

--------------------
whether low pressure sucks or high pressure blows...
it's a bugger to cycle in.

even though I'm feeling good
Something tells me I'd better activate my prayer capsule

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

Re: Casual conversations killing my soul [Re: trees] * 1
    #23349676 - 06/16/16 03:02 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Start talking very loudly about how you drink alone while crying and masturbating. People will go away.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

OnlineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Re: Casual conversations killing my soul [Re: EllisDSox]
    #23349683 - 06/16/16 03:07 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Thats some solid real world advice :solidnod:

--------------------
"The beginnings of unlimited energy will likely emerge around 2024 and will become a worldwide manifestation by 2040. Once unlimited energy is established, the possibilities will be endless - your progressive movement will accelerate to astronomical heights." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Invisiblepirate-blues
Female

Re: Casual conversations killing my soul [Re: deucedbi9]
    #23349787 - 06/16/16 04:55 AM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

deucedbi9 said:
Quote:

Nemmies said:

And why should it be.

It's like a simple "good day to ya, what a lovely day" when you meet a stranger, at say, a bus stop, or some such. An acknowledgement of their existance as a fellow human being.
The "conversation" doesn't have to go any further than that.
Most people can tell if you want to engage in further "conversation".

Maybe you're one of those ignorant cunts that will pass someone on a lonely path and ignore their "good morning" greeting.

I think it would interesting to watch a you-tube vid of the reactions of people on a rush hour, on a busy footpath, of someone greeting everyone with a "good morning" as they they passed by.

I totally agree.
though some people live in areas where the only people who say good morning to strangers are smelly weird guys who will take any response as an invitation, I'm originally from a 'good morning' sort of place, and usually when I'm in a good mood I usually give people a passing smile - it still feels weird doing that to strangers, so i'm always kind of sheepish and eyecontact is fleeting unless they're someone that is also the 'passing smile' type living in a fast paced world.

honestly I think people who complain the most about small talk probably either live in the southern US and are outliers, or they haven't met enough people with whom they connect with on a deeper level so they feel even more ostracized being surrounded by people who feel uncomfortable talking about anything but the superficial, even in extended conversation/social outlets. But yeah I can see where it'd come off kind of pretentious and snobbish, however...

If you're from the UK and haven't yet experienced that which is American small talk/fowardness, you'd be incredibly shocked, especially by the southeast US. Not so much the northeast, we're very similar in demeanor and even though you definitely run into people who want to chat, it's honestly not anywhere near the same league as almost an uncomfortable amount of VERY cheerful and very lengthy small talk. I really feel for people who are like me in the sense that they're a little..abstract, and they need meaningful connections to make friends rather than friendship of circumstance, I can engage in small talk for the benefit of the other person and because I want to be friendly, but I personally get nothing out of it myself and find it more draining than anything.

seriously, american small talk outside of the fast-paced areas in the northeast and on the west coast isn't regular small talk, it's advanced small talk. all the brits I know have been a little shocked, but pleasantly surprised to know their accent pretty much automatically makes people like them and want to talk to them.

Invisiblethelanzii

Re: Casual conversations killing my soul [Re: deucedbi9]
    #23350930 - 06/16/16 12:31 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

small talk isn't right speech  :bananahorsey:

InvisibleDark_Star
train driver pervading a desktop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Re: Casual conversations killing my soul [Re: thelanzii]
    #23350967 - 06/16/16 12:41 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

drivin' faster in my car
falling farther from just what we are
smoke a cigarette and lie some more
these conversations kill
falling faster in my car

time to take her home
her dizzy head is conscience laden
time to take a ride
it leaves today no conversation
time to take her home
her dizzy head is conscience laden
time to wait too long
to wait too long
these conversations kill

to much walkin', shoes worn thin
too much trippin' and my soul's worn thin
time to catch a ride
it leaves today, her name is what it means
to much walkin', shoe's worn thin

--------------------

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: Casual conversations killing my soul [Re: Dark_Star]
    #23351165 - 06/16/16 01:50 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I had a neighbor that always chat with me when he saw me walk in or out of my house. He was into cars big time and I knew nothing of cars and had 0 interest in them either. He was talking about how he rebuilt his carburator and the shit he modified etc. I tried walking away but he jjust kept going. I literally had my back to him taking steps towards my house and he stll didnt get the message... Like WTF dude.

--------------------

OfflineChameleonTruffle
quadrihorny
Female User Gallery

Loc: Puerto Rico Flag
Re: Casual conversations killing my soul [Re: Patlal] * 2
    #23351507 - 06/16/16 03:40 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I'm a strong believer that interaction should not just be blabbering like an idiot. Lots of people just talk about the dumbest shit because they don't know how else to interact with people.
Pretty sad honestly. You can say more without words.

--------------------
:potleaf: Legalize my iguana! :potleaf:

Invisiblethelanzii

Re: Casual conversations killing my soul [Re: ChameleonTruffle]
    #23351533 - 06/16/16 03:52 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

eyes are the window to the soul

OfflineNifflerz
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: THEY CALL ME PUDGE Flag
Re: Casual conversations killing my soul [Re: ChameleonTruffle]
    #23351604 - 06/16/16 04:13 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

ChameleonTruffle said:
You can say more without words.

truth

--------------------
PRO-PROJECT 2025. ANTI-TOASTED CHEEZERZ.

:niffla:

InvisibleAtreyu
Never Ending
 User Gallery

#23351904 - 06/16/16 05:39 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

trees said:
I always get caught and trapped into casual conversations with people where they keep talking and talking for tens of minutes to hours while I stand there only saying a few words like "yeah" and "haha".

But in my mind during these long conversations I'm thinking "holy fuck I dont give a SHIT, please stop talking".

And they never take a break to let me say anything so I can't even politely say I have to leave. And if I suddenly interrupt them to dismiss myself theyll probably  be hurt that I didn't care for them to finish their blabbering.

If you ever find yourself ranting without any response from the recipient of your rant, try shutting up for a second to consider whether or not they are dying inside.

Hi! How are you? 
Long time no see.
Beautiful weather we're having isn't it?

--------------------

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ N = R* • fp • ne • fl • fi • fc • L 

Invisiblelarry.fisherman
shoulda died already
I'm a teapot

#23352795 - 06/16/16 10:19 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

OP that was hilarious. I'm down with a good conversation but some people just drag on the most boring or irrelevant shit just for the sake of flapping gums. Or they will just talk in circles, or repeat the same thing in a bunch of different ways. I'm a super nice dude so I never say anything.. the whole time I'm laughing on the inside from berating them quietly, or thinking "Shut up.. SHUT THE FUCK UP YOU STUPID DUMB FUCKING CUNT OH MY FUCKING GOD WHY ARE YOU STILL TALKING" and if it's not that it's "Yes keep talking I like your titties." Welcome to my brain.

OfflineMickalopagus
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#23353104 - 06/16/16 11:52 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

when i have deep conversations with people i feel like we talk less frequntly. imo that is a good thing

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds USA West Coast Strains