Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePerception7
Psilocin Technician
 User Gallery

Re: Cow patty in my yard [Re: mupetmower]
    #23376878 - 06/24/16 10:09 AM (8 years, 30 days ago)

Yeah the heat index where I am is 103 today, however my outdoor fruits are fine, they still grow in the high heat, but you can tell they don't find it ideal. The most important thing I have found is to keep them in the shade to avoid direct sunlight, they really dont like getting cooked while trying to grow. Sometimes I won't water them for 3-4 days and once I go and water them they give me a dried quarter or less within 3 days.

I picked these today:

--------------------
:1up: How I prepare my monotubs :1up:
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/23066513

Edited by Perception7 (06/24/16 10:10 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemajicman30
naturejunkie
 User Gallery

Re: Cow patty in my yard [Re: Perception7]
    #23377027 - 06/24/16 10:42 AM (8 years, 30 days ago)

Yea I will let them dry out for a little longer sometimes, and when I do give it water it will fruit more abundantly. It takes some experimenting with. If the patties get too wet maggots will attack the mycelium, and destroy, but in this case just dry pattie completely, and then redo process. I found my camera so I will take a couple pics of some of my patties although I can't get to all of them today. Peace

--------------------
[/url][url=http://files.shroomery.org/files/16-12/893004217-IMG_4581.

Invisiblemajicman30
naturejunkie
 User Gallery

#23377045 - 06/24/16 10:47 AM (8 years, 30 days ago)

Quote:

Perception7 said:
Yeah the heat index where I am is 103 today, however my outdoor fruits are fine, they still grow in the high heat, but you can tell they don't find it ideal. The most important thing I have found is to keep them in the shade to avoid direct sunlight, they really dont like getting cooked while trying to grow. Sometimes I won't water them for 3-4 days and once I go and water them they give me a dried quarter or less within 3 days.

I picked these today:

Hey Perception do you just leave your tubs in open air,and spray or what. Do you have any substrate to hold h2o in the bottom of your tubs, or do you even use tubs if you don't mind me asking? I am learning still myself even though I have been a pattie grower myself for several years. Peace Here this tub has h2o in bottom alongside cornhusk................

--------------------

Edited by majicman30 (06/24/16 11:07 AM)

Offlinepmcast
Coaster
Male
Re: Cow patty in my yard [Re: majicman30]
    #23377109 - 06/24/16 11:04 AM (8 years, 30 days ago)

Jumping on the thread to follow. Curious if it keeps flushing. I just put some myc outside in a 50/50 straw poo mix for kicks.

Invisiblemajicman30
naturejunkie
 User Gallery

Re: Cow patty in my yard [Re: pmcast]
    #23377123 - 06/24/16 11:13 AM (8 years, 30 days ago)

Here are a few in an aquarium with h2o alongside of rocks. Yea baby. Tripastix and all you others keep it up it is easy if you keep trying. Just keep it up! Peace & Love

--------------------

Edited by majicman30 (06/24/16 11:17 AM)

OfflinePerception7
Psilocin Technician
 User Gallery

#23377357 - 06/24/16 12:29 PM (8 years, 30 days ago)

Hey Perception do you just leave your tubs in open air,and spray or what. Do you have any substrate to hold h2o in the bottom of your tubs, or do you even use tubs if you don't mind me asking? I am learning still myself even though I have been a pattie grower myself for several years. Peace Here this tub has h2o in bottom alongside cornhusk................

Those look cool! All I did was grow indoors using a monotub tek (in my signature below), once the substrate flushed 4-5 times I took the substrate outdoors to avoid contamination taking root in my substrate indoors and jeopardizing future grows. I put the substrate in a pile of Black Kow (cow manure), you can buy 50 lb bags of it at department stores in the garden section. I also bought a bag of organic Jiffy seed starting mix and added 1/4" on top of the substrate along with 1/4" of black cow mixed in with the Jiffy Mix 50/50.

I watered it for a few days and then took the substrate and cut it in half, and put both in separate brown plastic Kroger bags. I moved them from the ground to an elevated spot in the woods to avoid bugs, as the slugs were eating all of my mushrooms. The bag acts as the fruiting chamber, keeping the humidity high, allowing light to enter, and FAE is obtained easily because they bag is loosely laid over the top of the substrate. When the mushrooms start growing, they push the bag up and allow for even more FAE. I usually water every 2-3 days or so, just depends how busy I am and how often it has rained. I usually bring about 8 ounces of water for each bag and just simply dump the water on top and try to completely saturate the substrate block, then I fold the bag loosely over the substrate and leave.

Here is a picture of them with mushrooms making the bag bulge, this is how I usually leave them, except that little gap where the substrate is showing was cause I moved the bag over a little, when I leave after watering, the substrate is not visible, as the bag is laid over the entire substrate:

--------------------

Edited by Perception7 (06/24/16 01:01 PM)

Invisiblemajicman30
naturejunkie
 User Gallery

#23378630 - 06/24/16 08:18 PM (8 years, 30 days ago)

Cool Perception7 that's about what I had imagined you done from the looks of your cakes, but yours look really killer especially the pic with the bags on the tops of the shrooms. Very nice thanks for sharing, and Tripastix those you are picking look killer as well. Just fan dry then store in a air tight jar after they are completely dry. Peace

--------------------

OfflinePerception7
Psilocin Technician
 User Gallery

#23384745 - 06/26/16 05:16 PM (8 years, 28 days ago)

Thanks - I would like to add that I have slits cut all over the bags for increased FAE, and so that when it rains, water can enter the bag and penetrate the substrate.

--------------------

Edited by Perception7 (06/26/16 05:17 PM)

OfflineTriptastix
Mushroom hunter
Male

#23387778 - 06/27/16 01:38 PM (8 years, 27 days ago)

Quote:

Perception7 said:

Those look cool! All I did was grow indoors using a monotub tek (in my signature below), once the substrate flushed 4-5 times I took the substrate outdoors to avoid contamination taking root in my substrate indoors and jeopardizing future grows. I put the substrate in a pile of Black Kow (cow manure), you can buy 50 lb bags of it at department stores in the garden section. I also bought a bag of organic Jiffy seed starting mix and added 1/4" on top of the substrate along with 1/4" of black cow mixed in with the Jiffy Mix 50/50.

I watered it for a few days and then took the substrate and cut it in half, and put both in separate brown plastic Kroger bags. I moved them from the ground to an elevated spot in the woods to avoid bugs, as the slugs were eating all of my mushrooms. The bag acts as the fruiting chamber, keeping the humidity high, allowing light to enter, and FAE is obtained easily because they bag is loosely laid over the top of the substrate. When the mushrooms start growing, they push the bag up and allow for even more FAE. I usually water every 2-3 days or so, just depends how busy I am and how often it has rained. I usually bring about 8 ounces of water for each bag and just simply dump the water on top and try to completely saturate the substrate block, then I fold the bag loosely over the substrate and leave.

Here is a picture of them with mushrooms making the bag bulge, this is how I usually leave them, except that little gap where the substrate is showing was cause I moved the bag over a little, when I leave after watering, the substrate is not visible, as the bag is laid over the entire substrate:

I love your idea! Looks like its been working very well too :grin:
The manure i was growing from seemed to halt it's production, but I've also been working on something else, i didn't plan on posting it unless it was going very well, but im deciding to anyways,

These were pictures i took from today not very long ago and i started this about 3 days ago, it seems to be going well but it seems slow to grow, i was thinking about breaking this up a second time and adding more stuff to it, if i do break it up again what would you guys recommend me mixing it with?

--------------------

OfflinePsychogenic
Tripped out jungle monkey
 User Gallery

Re: Manure grows [Re: Triptastix]
    #23387940 - 06/27/16 02:30 PM (8 years, 27 days ago)

Good pic. I have never seen pins in their natural habitat. I live in PA.

OfflinePerception7
Psilocin Technician
 User Gallery

Re: Manure grows [Re: Psychogenic]
    #23388084 - 06/27/16 03:34 PM (8 years, 27 days ago)

Bringing that mycelium indoors may cause contamination, I would leave it outside. Also you want GE (gas exchange) for colonizing mycelium, so putting the lid on that isn't going to allow for much. I wouldn't latch the lid, just leave the lid resting gently on the top of the container. If that mycelium picks up speed and colonizes that entire container, I would super spawn that to a much large tub and get lots of mushrooms. Shit just do a monotub :lol:

:2cents:

--------------------

Edited by Perception7 (06/27/16 03:39 PM)

InvisiblePsychedelic Pupil
Goober
Male User Gallery

Loc: The bright side of life
Re: Manure grows [Re: Perception7]
    #23390177 - 06/28/16 07:09 AM (8 years, 26 days ago)

I wanted to jump on this thread to show what I've got going. I wanted to try an outdoor grow just to see how it would go.

I mixed some spawned grain into about a 75/25 mix of manure and chopped straw. Dug an 8" hole, filled it up and then put a thin layer of straw on the top just to help hold in moisture. I watered it twice a day. Morning and evening. So here's what it looks like 5 days later. I've got pretty aggressive myc growth.

I have no idea if the conditions will be right for it to fruit but I'm hopeful!

Also, I agree with Perception... You're going to want to keep that outside where the wonderful balance of nature will hopefully keep contamination in check.

--------------------
I'd like to think I'm smart enough to realize how much knowledge I don't have.

OfflinePerception7
Psilocin Technician
 User Gallery

Re: Manure grows [Re: Psychedelic Pupil]
    #23390570 - 06/28/16 09:40 AM (8 years, 26 days ago)

Yeah that pile of manure/straw looks like it will do fantastic :super:

What are your highs/lows temperature wise in your area currently?

--------------------

InvisiblePsychedelic Pupil
Goober
Male User Gallery

Loc: The bright side of life
Re: Manure grows [Re: Perception7]
    #23390624 - 06/28/16 09:58 AM (8 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Perception7 said:

Around 60 low to 85 high. I have a larger patch going also but critters dug it all up. I just put what I could back and covered it with 1/4" wire mesh.

--------------------
I'd like to think I'm smart enough to realize how much knowledge I don't have.

OfflinePieEyed-Messiah
MANDINGO
Male User Gallery

Re: Manure grows [Re: Psychedelic Pupil]
    #23391730 - 06/28/16 05:34 PM (8 years, 26 days ago)

Quote:

Psychedelic Pupil said:
Quote:

Perception7 said:

Around 60 low to 85 high. I have a larger patch going also but critters dug it all up. I just put what I could back and covered it with 1/4" wire mesh.

Good luck my outdoor patch is the gift that keeps giving I just used spent lazana pan cakes and laid it out like sod and like you I water 2wice daily and I cover with a thin layer of hay

--------------------
HOLD FAST

OfflineBmac1220
Stranger
Re: Manure grows [Re: PieEyed-Messiah]
    #24320869 - 05/15/17 10:06 AM (7 years, 2 months ago)

Ok man so I went "hunting" last night and found a few caps but I'm pretty sure it was too cold outside to find an abundance of them so I grabbed a patty that had about 30 gold pins popping up on it. I didn't disturb the patty at all other than picking it up. It didn't break or fall apart. I put it in a plastic container with holes drilled in it and draped a black trash bag over it and stuck it in a warm closet. I sprayed the walls and patty with water to make the humidity right in the box. I've had it in the dark fo

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract