Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn, The Best All in One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegremtu
Cap Muncher
Male

Loc: Somewhere, USA Flag
Myc ate tam in dish. Still good to xfer?
    #23341332 - 06/13/16 09:40 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Hello. I have a few dishes that had a little bacteria in them. I sat them up and forgot about them and they fully colonized the plates consuming the bacteria. Is the mycelium still alright to transfer to a new dish?

--------------------
A Tale of Twelve Tubs

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLocN9ne
ɢᄋᄋd ԲᄋЯ ᄁᄋȚᅢΙᄁɢ ᄂᄋ₩ᄂΙԲᄐ
 User Gallery

Loc: to the brain Flag
Re: Myc ate tam in dish. Still good to xfer? [Re: gremtu]
    #23341364 - 06/13/16 09:48 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

I guarantee you the myc did not eat the bacteria... And it is still there... But that is kinda what agar is for... You wanna transfer away from contains as soon as you can.

--------------------

Q&A
US vs. THEM

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offlinegremtu
Cap Muncher
Male

Re: Myc ate tam in dish. Still good to xfer? [Re: LocN9ne]
    #23341376 - 06/13/16 09:52 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Alright, so it will be alright if i take a small wedge and transfer it as usual then?

Ususally I transfer as soon as i see bacteria but this just sat to long and overgrew the spots.

--------------------
A Tale of Twelve Tubs

Edited by gremtu (06/13/16 09:53 PM)

InvisibleLocN9ne
ɢᄋᄋd ԲᄋЯ ᄁᄋȚᅢΙᄁɢ ᄂᄋ₩ᄂΙԲᄐ
 User Gallery

Loc: to the brain Flag
    #23341384 - 06/13/16 09:54 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Yup... Then transfer again as soon as you see decent growth... If you can't get away from the bacteria in a few transfers look into "agar sandwich"ing that shit.

--------------------

Q&A
US vs. THEM

The more I learn, the less I know.

Offlinegremtu
Cap Muncher
Male

Re: Myc ate tam in dish. Still good to xfer? [Re: LocN9ne]
    #23341400 - 06/13/16 09:58 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

So i was right then.... I had someone that thinks they know everything yesterday tell me that if i transferred it, that it would still be tammed on a biological level or some shit... I figured that it was just bullshit because ive never had a problem with it. you confirmed. thank you brother.

--------------------
A Tale of Twelve Tubs

InvisiblebodhisattaMDiscordReddit
Smurf real estate agent
 User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Milky way
Trusted Cultivator
    #23341610 - 06/13/16 10:54 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

You ideally want to transfer before the mycelium grows over. Now when you transfer you'll bring some along and then have to transfer again to get away from it. Not the end of the world but you'll have to do less transfers to get away from contamination if you don't let it get out of hand. Mycelium doesn't eat the contamination its still there.

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ★
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Myc ate tam in dish. Still good to xfer? [Re: bodhisatta]
    #23343191 - 06/14/16 12:10 PM (8 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

gremtu said:
So i was right then.... I had someone that thinks they know everything yesterday tell me that if i transferred it, that it would still be tammed on a biological level or some shit... I figured that it was just bullshit because ive never had a problem with it. you confirmed. thank you brother.

Quote:

Trusted Cultivator said:
You ideally want to transfer before the mycelium grows over. Now when you transfer you'll bring some along and then have to transfer again to get away from it. Not the end of the world but you'll have to do less transfers to get away from contamination if you don't let it get out of hand. Mycelium doesn't eat the contamination its still there.

:whathesaid:

That's basically what's happening and it's not bullshit, bacteria can get such a hold on mycelium that they're stuck until you do the agar sandwich, and then if it's something else, mold or whatever, the agar sandwich may not even work.

That's why you transfer before the mycelium comes anywhere near the contamination, not wait until its' run it over, then transfer both.

--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola
Jokes are funny until they're about you

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Sterilized Grain Bag for Spawn, The Best All in One Grow Bags