Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Anonymous

can u save the mycelium?
    #2334059 - 02/14/04 01:33 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

ok.  One of my jars was about 50% colonized, but stalled out for a week and never grew again, the rest just hauled ass and colonized 100%.  So i just said fuck the other jar, and was going to throw it out, but i seen no signs of contams, so i just saved the chunks of mycelium from the jar and made a small casing out of it in a soup bowl.  I check it this morning and the mycelium is growing nicely again :laugh:  Im gonna put it in the fruiting container in a few minutes, cuz its ready to fruit.

I was wondering if maybe my jar wasnt contammed and i was impatient, or it was contammed, but the mycelium could still have been saved..?

does mycelium up and die when a contam gets into the jars?  or if it is contammed, if it produces shrooms, what is the big deal if i eat them, if they look perfectly fine, how can you tell they are bad?

thanks

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinebiglo
Shroomery BabySitter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: US of A
Re: can u save the mycelium? [Re: ]
    #2334077 - 02/14/04 01:41 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

If the jar was contaminated, you would have smelled it a mile away when you took it out of the jar.  It could be that there wasn't enough water in your substrate which made it stall.  I think your casing should be allright.  :thumbup:

OfflineAkrobatik
Chillin

Re: can u save the mycelium? [Re: ]
    #2334115 - 02/14/04 01:54 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

if a jar is contamed I wouldnt eat them. The mycelium pulls nutrients from all over the the substrate, so if part of your substrate is contamed, the mushrooms will look ok, but will have the contam in them, and depending on what the contam is, you could die if you eat them mushroom. just food for thought, my advice, if you c any contams, throw it away and start over again. Its better to cut your losses and live to try again than to risk your life with a sketchy mushroom.

--------------------
:mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2: :mushroom2:

Anonymous

Re: can u save the mycelium? [Re: Akrobatik]
    #2334260 - 02/14/04 02:47 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

depending on what the contam is, you could die if you eat them mushroom

heh, i think im gonna go ahead and just eat them if they come up...i will take my chances...

if i just take prints...will the spores have the contam, or are prints safe to take atleast?

and by the way, it didnt really smell that bad at all, maybe it was just the wbs, i have never done wbs before...so maybe thats all it was?

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Wild Bird Seed

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation