Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflinehighmountianshV
compost man
Male
Loc: WA>USA
High Mountain Compost Customer Service
    #2334028 - 02/14/04 01:22 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

We have been following the comments by Fee and others on the Shroomery regarding his problem with our customer service, and would like to say that we appreciate those who have supported us by asking him for clarification of his alleged problems with us.
We go out of our way to follow up and help our customers and potential customers with problems or questions. Our interpretation of Fee's email comments is we are doing something "underhanded" or being unfair because we won't sell our product in a different form (what to do you guys think about dry compost at $35 a lb!). While he is entitled to express his opinion just like anyone else, we think he went way overboard with his comments on the Shroomery.
Thanks again for your support.
Sincerely,

HMC

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineMike Elium
.the Mycelium

Loc: on the edge
Re: High Mountain Compost Customer Service [Re: highmountiansh]
    #2336888 - 02/15/04 11:41 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I just want to say that, IMHO, the referenced problem (and I did read the other thread) must just be some kind of misunderstanding. At least my experience with HMC's response to customer email questions was a good one.....they did answer my questions clearly. It did take them a day or two to respond, but they are running a business requiring attention to other tasks, and their time to respond was no worse than many other vendors. Also, on the debate about dry compost... well, HMC is offering a particular VERY GOOD product, from reported experiences of other Shroomerites......and if someone doesn't like that particular form, nobody's forcing them to buy it.

--------------------
your inside is out, and your outside is in.

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
Re: High Mountain Compost Customer Service [Re: Mike Elium]
    #2337316 - 02/15/04 02:33 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Mike Elium said:
and if someone doesn't like that particular form, nobody's forcing them to buy it.

Well put.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

OfflineAstrok
Trying To BeCool

Loc: Bozeman, Montana
Re: High Mountain Compost Customer Service [Re: SixCee]
    #2338761 - 02/15/04 09:57 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Fee is the man, thats all I can say.

--------------------
"Light that shit"
"Smoke that shit"
"Pass that shit"

Anonymous

#2338775 - 02/15/04 10:01 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

>>>>>(what to do you guys think about dry compost at $35 a lb!).

sign me up..LOL
could you be realistic with a dry compost price please?
You dont have to pasturize and you dont waste a myco bag and all you have to do is dry it.
So why would it be that much more?
I want to buy some dry compost for real so I will have it when I need it be it now or a year from now.
Explain why it would cost 10x more for a dry compost?
Are you being serious, or are you just trying to say that you will never make dry compost thats at a resonable price?
Thank you fee

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: High Mountain Compost Customer Service [Re: fee]
    #2339090 - 02/15/04 11:38 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

* Are you being serious, or just an ass?

Fee I think you misunderstand something.

You were making some great points until you said this ^^^

Your logic is sound. Your delivery needs work.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Invisiblesci33
AmbitiousScientist
    #2339136 - 02/15/04 11:51 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I think this argument has been beaten to death and if the parties wish to continue it they should do so in private.

High Mountain Compost has a business plan. They sell a product, compost, which is sold ready to use pre-pasteurized and with the right water content straight out of the bag. If they were selling dry compost (not 'ready' to use) it wouldn't have anything to do with the type of product they are selling now. It is the consumer's advantage to be able to consider what different companies offer at the prices and make a decision for what he or she is interested in. If one was looking for ready to use high quality compost, HMC would be one company to be reffered to, and if looking for dry compost, other companies would be considered. The consumer always has a choice. Keeping that in mind, the consumer shouldn't have a problem with a company's business plan, and if he does he should take his business to another company.

Having said that, in this matter there was most probably a miscommunication between HMC and Fee. The other thread was closed, and I can't see this one going anywhere either.

--------------------
Looking for:
Ps. weilii, Ps. samuiensis, Ps. hispanica, Pan. cyanescens (any strain I don't have)

Have:
Ps. cubensis, Ps. tampanensis, Pan. cyanescens (Australian, Tai-KS, Hawaiian, Jamaican, Ban Lipa Noi)

PM for a trade.

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
    #2339285 - 02/16/04 12:30 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

fee said:
>>>>>(what to do you guys think about dry compost at $35 a lb!).

sign me up..LOL
could you be realistic with a dry compost price please?
You dont have to pasturize and you dont waste a myco bag and all you have to do is dry it.
So why would it be that much more?
I want to buy some dry compost for real so I will have it when I need it be it now or a year from now.
Explain why it would cost 10x more for a dry compost?
Are you being serious, or are you just trying to say that you will never make dry compost thats at a resonable price?
Thank you fee

If you don't like their price (No arguments here, I wouldn't pay it either) then wouldn't it just be easier to say ok I'm not going to do business with you and go elsewhere (instead of insisting on criticising them).

Invisiblejtseaweed
Stranger

Loc: in the middle of everywhe...
Re: High Mountain Compost Customer Service [Re: utopianglory]
    #2339906 - 02/16/04 03:58 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

You seem like a cool guy and all but these people do have some good points.

--------------------

buisness is kickin yo butt

Anonymous

#2340935 - 02/16/04 02:06 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

>>>If you don't like their price (No arguments here, I wouldn't pay it either) then wouldn't it just be easier to say ok I'm not going to do business with you and go elsewhere (instead of insisting on criticising them). <<<<

How am I critisizing I am asking questions to get answers
And the reason I want thier compost its said to be supperior
And please direct me towards a better compost that is sold dry, cause I cant find one
I am being serious I want to buy dry compost from them.
And I wont do beusiness with them while they only sell pasturized compost
I truely dont see the logic in thier 10x increase with a dry compost when its less work unless he was being sacastic hence when I said
"Are you being serious, or are you just trying to say that you will never make dry compost thats at a resonable price?"

I dunno but I would atleast expand my products if I was in thier shoes

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #2342311 - 02/16/04 06:42 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

This is far from customer service. I have expertise in the field.

You don't pit groups of people toward a specific incidence.

You say OK, we acknowledge your concern, and will do our best to address this concern.

I see Fee's disatisfaction aimed at your inability to explain certain features of your product. Because you (allegedly) could not or did not explain these reasons, it lead him to the idea that you were doing something wrong.

I believe It stems from this false statement at your web-site, "Because it has been heat pasteurized, there are no bugs, bacteria, etc..."

Perhaps you should reconsider the definition of pasteurization to meet the information you provide to your customers.

Fee's comments weren't directed so much at your product, but at your customer service, which I agree is lacking.

I'm not taking sides other than the side of customer service.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
Re: High Mountain Compost Customer Service [Re: Joshua]
    #2342501 - 02/16/04 07:28 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Fee,

There is another thread of your communication with HMC and you most certainly were being critical then.  I find it hard to believe that there isn't some source of compost for you *somewhere*.  I don't know that its up to me to find it for you though :smile:

This is my last post on this thread, its up to HMC to answer now or it may aswell be locked.

Anonymous

#2345190 - 02/17/04 12:26 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

They wouldnt answer my questions so wouldnt you get a little mad I was under the asumption that they would be profesional and to me they were not.

Joshua said it best

OfflineTaffy
enthusiast

#2345862 - 02/17/04 03:22 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

you emailed them, implied they were ripping off people, it was obvious you were not gonna buy a thing, and just harass them. if i was him you wouldnt even have gotten a reply.

Anonymous

Re: High Mountain Compost Customer Service [Re: Taffy]
    #2347643 - 02/17/04 11:10 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Taffy said:
you emailed them, implied they were ripping off people, it was obvious you were not gonna buy a thing, and just harass them. if i was him you wouldnt even have gotten a reply.

I wanted to buy compost and I did not imply they where ripping people.
First ripping someone off would be taking thier money and giveing nothing or something or a much lesser value than what you told them you where selling them.
And all I wanted was a dry compost.
The last email I sent was a little harsh but that was after 4 emails without answering me.
And tell me how I was harassing them please quote cause I wasnt.

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #2348571 - 02/18/04 04:01 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Since you asked...

The PM you posted here in the marketplace at the begining of this scandal asked no questions. None. You just ranted at HMC. This is the email you chose to post to prove your point. You said nothing about the other four emails you sent. Nothing at all, until much later in the discussion.

Want me to dig it up? You asked for quotes. I can.

Fee, I don't think you are a bad guy. You do come across a bit harsh in your posts (and I imagine your emails). You have to realize I am not the only person to notice this. I think you just tend to pick words that read a little more harshly than you intend.

Here's an example from this thread; which you wisely changed (without marking your post edited) after I quoted you:

fee: (to HM) "Are you being serious, or just an ass?"

You are a good guy with some good ideas BUT you should know this by now: You catch more flies with honey than vinegar.

The saddest thing is this: HMC HAS DONE NOTHING WRONG. Sure, they won't win any humanitarian awards for how they dealt with you, but it isn't like you were a paying customer that wanted his faulty product replaced. You are a potential customer who appears to be set on harming this companies reputation without trying their product.

You want cheap, pasturize-it-yourself compost? Do what the rest of us do... shovel some shit. Don't smear it on a vendor just 'cause they sell the stuff.

BTW You are right... $35 is a bit much for a lb of compost. I'd stick with the wet stuff... it sounds like it is a better deal... water and all.

Joshua: I don't recall HMC saying their product is no longer pasturizzed by the time it is shipped to their customers. Do you know something I don't? Fee would have some points if this is the case. HMC advertises a pasturized product.

From what I can tell, fee just misunderstood one of Anno's posts and THOUGHT compost had to be re-pasturized after two weeks... which is just wrong. At best, two weeks after pasturization is fruiting time. Do you ever need to re-pasturize your compost casings?

One thing should be cleared up before this thread is locked:

Do you need to re-pasturize HMC before you use it? Or was this all a misunderstanding that made a (high) mountian out of a mole hill?

If this is a misunderstanding, this thread should be locked and fee should drop the subject... as should HMC.

The damage has been done. Any Shroomery search for High Mountian Compost will list theese threads. If it is a misunderstanding, I hope potential HMC customers read the WHOLE thread.

Is it just me or do Shroomerites always think there's a conspiracy?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Edited by Rose (02/18/04 05:21 AM)

Anonymous

Re: High Mountain Compost Customer Service [Re: Rose]
    #2349034 - 02/18/04 08:48 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

>>>>>>One thing should be cleared up before this thread is locked:

Do you need to re-pasturize HMC before you use it?<<<<<

This is the question I asked them twice with no answer and the first email I posted in that thread was my last email and at that point I was pissed that they could clear up that exact question.
Wouldnt you get mad with a "profesional company" that cant explain thier product?
And my intensions was not to make a post about this but at that point when they couldnt explain thier product I was pissed and posted it.
Thier was no conspiracy about this I just wanted simple answers.
Should it be this hard to get that question answered?
I dont think it should. But thats my opinion.

and you asked
>>>>Do you ever need to re-pasturize your compost casings?

yes you do I know this from expierience

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Re: High Mountain Compost Customer Service [Re: Rose]
    #2349265 - 02/18/04 10:45 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

I don't see HMC taking much of a stand on anything. I do see a false statement at their site which may mislead customers.

Rather than addressing Fee's concerns, they rooted on anyone who was on their side.

Fee sounds very persistant, which some businesses don't like, especially if they do not know the answers, which is what I feel HMC is in the position of.

Perhaps Fee can decide exactly what questions he wants answered and we can pose these questions to HMC to have answered.

In general, there's always a conspiracy, or at least underlying motives and reasons we may not understand. The conspiracy is often our imagination trying to make sense of that. It's all over, not just here at the Shroomery.

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

#2349303 - 02/18/04 10:58 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Here's your answer Fee:

http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=Vendor&Number=1844370&Forum

"1. What is the volume per weight? As in X quarts per pound, x ft^3 per X pounds etc.
2. How long do you recomend it be stored in original packaging before use?
3. Have you considered selling a dried compost similar to what mycotapro has? He basically makes the compost, shreds it, then dries to a moisture content of around 10 so it can be stored and shipped more easily."

HMC reply

"1.5 lbs of compost makes approx 2-1/2 qts( 1 qt. jars) l
2. 3 - 6 months, cool. dark,clean place
3. nope, we have success with the way we are doing it, because we have better control over the quality of the product....we cannot control how it is re-hydrated, which could ultimately lead to contamination."

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: High Mountain Compost Customer Service [Re: Joshua]
    #2349370 - 02/18/04 11:21 AM (13 years, 2 months ago)

All the fuss because someone didn?t use the search function...pah....

Jump to top. Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Amazon Shop for: ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Shroomery Sponsors Forum