Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Moonshoe's Mystical Meditations - Edicts of Enlightenment
    #23338720 - 06/13/16 08:27 AM (8 years, 8 days ago)

Moonshoe's Mystical Meditations

Edicts of Enlightenment

1. All humans are souls. Immortal in essence, ever changing in form. We are not human beings having a spiritual experience but spiritual beings having a human experience .

2. There is an afterlife process , called the Bardo, and eventual reincarnation on this world or others, or on other planes of being.

3. The fundamental goal of all humans should be to attain enlightenment. To attain awakening. Liberation. Salvation. Nirvana.

4. Enlightenment is a state of consciousness. In fact it is the ultimate state of consciousness. It can be described as pure sat chit ananda- Being, Consciousness and Bliss. It is Love, Light and Life.

It has been described as the Clear Light. Inner peace. Pure Consciousness without an object.

Ascenscion. Transcendence. The Culmination of what Bhuddhists call the ultimate end from suffering.

The Buddha attained it. Krishna and Christ Embodied it. And so can we. And so must we.

5. Human beings have been attaining enlightenment for millennia. And to our eternal benefit, these enlightened Gurus, Sages and Rishis have developed, refined and perfected several potent techniques for the attainment of spiritual elevation and eventual Enlightenment.

For those just beginning on the path, and even for Adepts, the most powerful and fundamental methods can be described and explained very succinctly .

The core methods by which a human can attain enlightenment are as follows.

A. Meditation . Meditation has two primary forms . The first is Pranayama- the awareness of, focused attention and concentration on- the breathing. Specifically meditation on the awareness of inhalation and exhalation is called Annapannasati. This is the method by which the Buddha attained enlightenment under the Bodhi tree, and it is the method he taught.

B. The second form of meditation is called Jaap, or Jaapa, which means the chanting of Mantras. Mantras can be thought of both as prayers and  as magic spells. They are mystic formulae, charged with Vedic potency. They are typically in Sanskrit but may be in other languages.

The most famous mantra is OM / AUM. Chanting OM is the best place For new meditators to start. :aum:

Ideally the aspirant should practice both Chantin OM and silent breath awareness meditation.

The best posture for meditation is full lotus. If this is not available, simply crossed legs is also fine.

The hands should be either folded in the lap thumbs touching or on the knees In a Mudra with index finger touching thumb.

C. Yoga- the physical practice of holding poses (Asanas) in coordination with controlled breathing is called Hatha Yoga, and it is an essential complement to meditation. Yoga is moving meditation, just as meditation is still yoga. For a more complete understanding of yoga read Patanjali's Yoga Sutras, which explains that Hatha yoga is only one of the eight limbs of yoga .

Daily Hatha yoga (physical yoga) combined with daily meditation (alternating between silently focusing on inhalations and exhalations through the nose ) and chanting OM.

Try to meditate at the same time or times every day. Before sunrise is the most ideal
Time. Meditate for as long as you can . One hour at a time twice a day (morning and evening) is ideal, although the more the better.

However, beginners should start with only ten minutes of meditation twice a day, and increase by increments of five minutes daily until they reach an hour at a time .

Practicing Pranayama breathing meditation, Jaapa OM chanting and Yoga daily will lead To enlightenment in time , and Countless and profound holistic benefits in every aspect of life.

D. The final practice for the aspirant beginning on the path to enlightenment is simply to keep a special journal and pen beside your bed an write down in maximum detail every thing you can remember about your dreams. This will build the skill of dream recall , and Is the first step in mastering Lucid Dreaming , an incredible spiritual power that is a gateway to realms and experiences of infinite beauty, mystery, profundity and pleasure.

Thank you for reading. This is original writing, not cut and pasted.

May you awaken quickly for the benefit of all beings.

:namaste:

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

Edited by Moonshoe (06/13/16 08:47 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGrateful Dead
A Growing Ambivalence
Male User Gallery

Loc: Parked Car, Playing NPR
Re: Moonshoe's Mystical Meditations - Edicts of Enlightenment [Re: Moonshoe]
    #23338778 - 06/13/16 08:55 AM (8 years, 8 days ago)

TL;DR

But, I'm inspired to look back into my local Dharmapala Kadampa
Buddhist Center :thumbup:

--------------------
Life begins on the other side of despair...

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Moonshoe's Mystical Meditations - Edicts of Enlightenment [Re: Grateful Dead]
    #23340272 - 06/13/16 05:15 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

Great! :sun:

I am likewise inspired to resume attendance of my Tibetan lineage dharma centre , and to have my wife take me to Temple.

--------------------

InvisibleCosmic_Flame
THE BREAKFAST EMPRESS
Female User Gallery

Loc: Under The Sea
    #23340299 - 06/13/16 05:24 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

Cool thread man :threadmonitor:

--------------------
Pull the blinds and change their minds....

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Moonshoe's Mystical Meditations - Edicts of Enlightenment [Re: Cosmic_Flame]
    #23340335 - 06/13/16 05:33 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

Thanks brother!

:hug:

--------------------

OfflineConnoisseur

#23340336 - 06/13/16 05:34 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

Guess ODD isnt as receptive of your wizdom as the pub?

OfflineFools Crow
The Great Mystery

Re: Moonshoe's Mystical Meditations - Edicts of Enlightenment [Re: Cosmic_Flame]
    #23340341 - 06/13/16 05:35 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

My opinion?

We are all already "enlightened" and the "purpose" of humanity - and all things really - is to simply be what they are. Which is something that is essentially impossible not to do. So basically there is nothing for us "to do", for we are already doing it.

:peace: :heart: :tongue2:

--------------------

OfflineConnoisseur

Re: Moonshoe's Mystical Meditations - Edicts of Enlightenment [Re: Fools Crow]
    #23340351 - 06/13/16 05:38 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

crow knows whats up

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male

#23340478 - 06/13/16 06:23 PM (8 years, 8 days ago)

Quote:

Fools Crow said:
My opinion?

We are all already "enlightened" and the "purpose" of humanity - and all things really - is to simply be what they are. Which is something that is essentially impossible not to do. So basically there is nothing for us "to do", for we are already doing it.

:peace: :heart: :tongue2:

To a degree I agree, but not entirely.
I would also add more to OP, but do not feel it to be appropriate at this moment.

OfflineConnoisseur

Re: Moonshoe's Mystical Meditations - Edicts of Enlightenment [Re: Repertoire89]
    #23340553 - 06/13/16 06:44 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

I believe hes right because I believe things not meant to be really have no ability to exist

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Re: Moonshoe's Mystical Meditations - Edicts of Enlightenment [Re: Repertoire89]
    #23340570 - 06/13/16 06:47 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

Please, Do add more, I would Love to hear your insights!

I know you are a knowledgable person in this area.

As for the idea that all we need to do is be, I agree.

However, we want to "just be" in a state of inner peace, poise, balance, tranquility, serenity and bliss.

Many are trapped in a fog of desires, cravings, clinging, attachment, aversion, addiction, fear, hatred, confusion, pain etc.

Before we can truly "just be" the drunken monkey mind must be tamed, clinging and attachment transcended, aversion and desire transmuted and hate and fear quenched.

If we all existed in a state of perfect "just being" yoga and meditation might be unessesary.

But as long as suffering exists, and as long as inner peace is not realized, meditation and yoga will remain our best tools for the attainment this desired but elusive state of tranquil being .

"To the Buddha, the Dharma and the excellent Sangha I go for refuge until Bodhi is realized"

Meditation and yoga are refuges , offering safe harbour from the storm of Maya- the realm of intense activity and delusion.

--------------------

OfflineFools Crow
The Great Mystery

#23340606 - 06/13/16 06:57 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

I have to disagree my friend. Your supposition that we all need to be in a particular state. Should all the plants on earth be same? Or all the animals? We all exist as we should and thus that is why we do exist in the form that we do. Things change. People change. But there is no ultimate right and wrong in my understanding. All is relative. Is a forest fire evil? Or the lake that gives life giving water good?

I believe the rock of life was thrown into the pond of reality and we are all the ripples of that happening. We are all right where we "should" be. We are what we are and will always be.

Everything just IZ.

--------------------

Edited by Fools Crow (06/13/16 07:10 PM)

OfflineConnoisseur

#23340616 - 06/13/16 07:02 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

crow speaks truth

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

#23340764 - 06/13/16 07:34 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

It's not a unitary state - I believe everyone will have their own unique version of enlightenment.

And as much as enlightenment may be the ultimate end goal, there are benefits at every stage from the very first five minutes of meditation you ever do through to years and decades of experience - the rewards and benefits just deepen endlessly.

Everything is perfect as it is and everyone is perfect.

And yet, we should all meditate nevertheless, and will universally benefit from spiritual practice.

Meditation and yoga increase quality of life , health and wellbeing profoundly.

This is established extensively by science, tradition and experience .

By the way "everything just is" is very Zen, and "just be" is a description of the practice
Of Zazen meditation :thumbup:

--------------------

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male

#23340798 - 06/13/16 07:43 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

I'm too beleaguered and corrupt right now to give justice to my views, although I agree with most of what you've said and appreciate your confidence

Lost am I in sin
:pope:

Offlinetopdog82
Death Spirit
Male User Gallery

Loc: California
    #23341113 - 06/13/16 08:56 PM (8 years, 7 days ago)

hahaha moon these type of posts you make are so random and unexpected. Regardless I enjoy them

but ya I agree with your post. solid read :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale, Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order