Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefionajmacdonald
Stranger
Have you had any luck treating depression or anxiety with mushrooms?
    #23338440 - 06/13/16 04:28 AM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Hi guys, I'm a freelancer working on a story for a magazine in Australia on the promising research into using psychedelics to treat depression and anxiety. Would really love to chat (anonymously!) to people who've turned to psilocybin shrooms to help their depression or anxiety when traditional antidepressants and meds have failed.

Whether it worked or not, doesn't matter, would just love to hear your stories and get an idea of your experiences. If you're in Australia, that would be even better, but am interested in chatting no matter where you're from.

Shoot me an email on fionajmacdonald[at]gmail.com or reply here if you prefer. So fascinated by this entire field and the incredible work being done on the topic.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineEclipse3130
Servant of the Fungi
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Have you had any luck treating depression or anxiety with mushrooms? [Re: fionajmacdonald]
    #23338466 - 06/13/16 05:02 AM (8 years, 1 day ago)

I never knew I had anxiety until I took mushrooms, is when everything was swept away from my psyche and I experienced a true pure state of transcendental bliss - it's when I came back to my new self, as I descended from my high mind state into my new sober mind state is when I truly realized I had anxiety, previously I thought how I was/felt/acted was normal, until I truly experienced consciousness in its purest form is when I realized.

It's not so much Psilocybin's direct anti-depressant and anti-anxiety properties which can last up to weeks and months for some people - but more so was the realization that dampened my anxiety for life after that experience, I realized it could be fixed and worked with, from there I learned meditation etc - and from there my anxiety has been greatly reduced to the point of feeling good about the self. Along with the countless realizations, introspective views and wisdom attainable, there is a million and one reasons mushrooms show you and prove to you the importance and respect of why you should love your self and life instead of the opposite, mushrooms show you that life is a true gift; a journey of the souls growth.

Offlinehaze9
Stranger
Re: Have you had any luck treating depression or anxiety with mushrooms? [Re: Eclipse3130]
    #23338508 - 06/13/16 05:46 AM (8 years, 1 day ago)

I sent you a PM!

OfflineDr. Delban
Incognito hippie in disguise
Male User Gallery

Loc: UK Flag
Re: Have you had any luck treating depression or anxiety with mushrooms? [Re: fionajmacdonald] * 1
    #23338521 - 06/13/16 05:56 AM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

Have you had any luck treating depression or anxiety with mushrooms?

Yes. But I was only intending to have a recreational effect when I first tried mushrooms. I did not realize that psilocybin has such effect.

--------------------
Experimenting with sobriety

Offlineshrekk
Stranger
Re: Have you had any luck treating depression or anxiety with mushrooms? [Re: Dr. Delban]
    #23338758 - 06/13/16 08:48 AM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Just read this study from London published May 2016, so its just released, you will find everything that you need to gauge your baseline depression before and after trip, with that you will have definite proof of its effects
http://www.thelancet.com/journals/lanpsy/article/PIIS2215-0366(16)30065-7/fulltext#sec1

--------------------
-Question everything!!!
-Why?

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Re: Have you had any luck treating depression or anxiety with mushrooms? [Re: shrekk]
    #23338799 - 06/13/16 09:06 AM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Mushrooms get my depression sorted out very well. I might be over it for a whole year after just one dose! Dont know how it works for other people.

It feels like I "wake up" I just snap out of it and start smiling  again, finding enjoyment in little things again.

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

InvisibleRaven44
Entry not permitted to muggles
Male

Loc: My sovereign reality bubble
Re: Have you had any luck treating depression or anxiety with mushrooms? [Re: mushpunx]
    #23338845 - 06/13/16 09:24 AM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Yes. Microdosing.

.1-.2g of ps. Cyans every morning for me

Used for depression, I realized they worked for anxiety also which was a bonus

I was tols, terrace McKenna reccomended a heroic dose. Or, microdosing could be applied for depression.

If he was ur doctor, Thays how he'd prescribe them

Microdosing for depression, otherwise a heroic dose

Edited by Raven44 (06/13/16 09:26 AM)

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: Have you had any luck treating depression or anxiety with mushrooms? [Re: fionajmacdonald]
    #23338881 - 06/13/16 09:35 AM (8 years, 1 day ago)

They cured my depression that I didn't even know I had.

OfflineHeadrush
Male User Gallery

Re: Have you had any luck treating depression or anxiety with mushrooms? [Re: AuroraBorealis88]
    #23339678 - 06/13/16 02:15 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Safe and effective, half gram a day of cubes.

--------------------

OfflineDr. Delban
Male User Gallery

Re: Have you had any luck treating depression or anxiety with mushrooms? [Re: mushpunx]
    #23340397 - 06/13/16 05:59 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

mushpunx said:
Mushrooms get my depression sorted out very well. I might be over it for a whole year after just one dose! Dont know how it works for other people.

It feels like I "wake up" I just snap out of it and start smiling  again, finding enjoyment in little things again.

Same. But in my case it seems to have completely eradicated depression from my life for a long long time now. Soon it will be 2 years since it is completely gone.

--------------------

OfflineDr. Delban
Male User Gallery

#23340475 - 06/13/16 06:21 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

mushpunx said:

Since I've done mush and acid I have actually learned how to smile without looking embarrassed about it.

--------------------

Offlinedarling
Wonder Princess

Re: Have you had any luck treating depression or anxiety with mushrooms? [Re: Dr. Delban]
    #23340548 - 06/13/16 06:42 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Not shrooms, but LSD healed me.

It allowed me to untie so many hurting knots inside, in a single very low-dose trip (less than 100 ug).

However I can conceive low-doses of psilos could also help a lot. High doses, I'm not too sure XD

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: Have you had any luck treating depression or anxiety with mushrooms? [Re: darling]
    #23340571 - 06/13/16 06:47 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

darling said:
High doses, I'm not too sure XD

For me and many other people that's the only way they work. It isn't until recently that I actually heard people "microdosing to cure depression"

I've always found the "cure for depression" part to be mostly in the trip itself not the chemistry.

OfflineDr. Delban
Male User Gallery

Re: Have you had any luck treating depression or anxiety with mushrooms? [Re: AuroraBorealis88]
    #23340720 - 06/13/16 07:27 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

Quote:

AuroraBorealis88 said:
Quote:

darling said:
High doses, I'm not too sure XD

For me and many other people that's the only way they work. It isn't until recently that I actually heard people "microdosing to cure depression"

I've always found the "cure for depression" part to be mostly in the trip itself not the chemistry.

Same. I never enjoyed any of my low dose mush experiences. All I could feel was body load and coming-up anxiety, then back to baseline. Trips made me change the way I think feel etc.

--------------------

InvisibleRaven44
Male

#23341703 - 06/13/16 11:25 PM (8 years, 1 day ago)

People do not understand micro dosing

Of course the mushrooms are not the cure, they're the catlyist. A quite effective, very enlightening catlyist. Everyone I eat them, small dose or large I end up immediately realizing things I hadn't previously realized. I learn more about myself.

They immediately raise my conciousness. Sm dose or large I sense the shift maybe ten minutes after ingesting

They enlighten you. Tune in

They r not to get high, or trip. They r to be used responsibly and respected accordingly

Offlinedarling
Wonder Princess

Re: Have you had any luck treating depression or anxiety with mushrooms? [Re: Raven44]
    #23343209 - 06/14/16 12:15 PM (8 years, 13 hours ago)

Quote:

Raven44 said:
People do not understand micro dosing

Everyone I eat them, small dose or large I end up immediately realizing things I hadn't previously realized. I learn more about myself.

They immediately raise my conciousness. Sm dose or large I sense the shift maybe ten minutes after ingesting

They enlighten you. Tune in

This. Of course high trips have the occasional enlightenments. But micro doses - not enough to see shapes - are another experience, a sensible shift of perception in the everyday world.

InvisibleRaven44
Male

Re: Have you had any luck treating depression or anxiety with mushrooms? [Re: darling]
    #23343918 - 06/14/16 03:57 PM (8 years, 10 hours ago)

I don't even understand what ur saying

If ur saying micro dosing isn't enough of a dose for any sort of enlightenment your dead wrong

Someone who isn't very in tune w themselves and the effects things have one their body might say that

U say large doses have an "occasional" enlightenment

U obviously under estimate the mushroom, u do not hold it highly enough like it should be and truly believe

Truly believing is a huge catlyist also, to many things. The power of belief is huge

One that doubts or doesn't fully understand or appreciate the mushrooms would... well... it should be obvious.

OfflineBuster_Brown
L'une
Male User Gallery

#23343951 - 06/14/16 04:06 PM (8 years, 10 hours ago)

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/newreply.php?Cat=0&Journal=353448&Number=23314793&page=0&what=showflat&fpart=1&vc=1&q=1&replystamp=1465941802

Quote:

mentat said:
I am 31 years old. The last 6 years of my life was quite an experience for me and since I had some radical changes I felt the need to go to a psychiatrist to fix my wild mood swings and dwelling on the past obsessively. I've been on some antidepressant pills for 3 months, doctor tried a couple of different drugs before he concluded that this particular pill was the right drug. it wasn't. i was sleeping like a bear in a cave for 12 hours straight and could barely open my eyes when i woke up, then it took about 2 cups of coffee and breathing exercise to stop racing thoughts in my head.

It has been a year since I heard about microdosing, but in the last few months it became more interesting as this research came by:

https://www.theguardian.com/science/2016/may/17/magic-mushrooms-lift-severe-depression-in-clinical-trial

so i made a radical decision to quit the pills gradually but also relatively fast in ten days while i started taking little doses of psilocybe cubensis every other day. after a week i adjusted the dose right enough not to confuse me or hinder any daily activity like reading, having a conversation etc.

I take a small amount of mushroom, usually quarter maybe lesser of a cap, chop it with the sharpest knife at home until it is almost powder, then soak it in lemon juice for 10 minutes and add hot water then wait for 10 more minutes and shot the tea into the empty stomach. then i have my breakfast as usual.

after two months the effects are like this:

-I did not experience any drawbacks or addictive cravings for the pill I used to take. It has just gone away for good without any ill-effects.

-My sight is a lot more sharper, i have lesser sensitivity to light (i used to squint my eyes in normal ambient sunlight even) and my colour perception is brighter than usual

-I had lesser sexual appetite while on pills. My sexual potency came back stronger than before. I feel body contact more and last longer.

- Depression symptoms that I used to experience and the lethargy that the pills have given me is gone. I don't have racing thoughts anymore. Not that I do not care, but some obsessive thoughts dwelling on the past is gone. I mostly live in the moment with awareness.

-I feel much more patient and could plan ahead more efficiently. Anger and sadness are experienced not like a teenager but wisely and calmly.

-I smoke less. I used to smoke 12-15 cigarettes a day, now it is 5-6 a day.

- i often used to feel energy-drained and usually had to take supplements for pain or infections like soar throat or a wet cough. on the third time i microdosed, my physical symptoms of sickness are all gone after months. i feel more energetic and willing to do things more than i used to do. I feel my immunity works much better than before.

-I could endure a conversation more than i was able to do before. Social aspect of the dosing is so clear that my misanthropy is much lesser (i still can't communicate with stupid people though) but it is hard to be bored in a conversation with the ones I like.

-I sleep well at nights and wake up well in the mornings.

- Creativity is boosted with microdosing. I design and create joyfully and efficiently again.

-I've been taking ginkgo biloba with the dose since I learned that the combination works just fine together. It actually boosted my memory much more than it did in my previous trial of ginkgo.

- maybe as a side effect, with more patience and content, i am more silent in my head and out to the world, like in a constant mild-meditation. My partner told me that even though I look much more content and happier than with the pills, he also told me that I am more silent and constant (it of course is when someone like me having wild mood swings for the entire life).

I just wanted to share my experience on microdosing after a couple of months. I always loved mushroom effects but microdosing gave my sanity back.
cheers :smile:

OfflineAuroraBorealis88
Stranger

Re: Have you had any luck treating depression or anxiety with mushrooms? [Re: Raven44]
    #23343972 - 06/14/16 04:11 PM (8 years, 9 hours ago)

How would a microdose be enlightening? It's not even a trip.

OfflineSonicTitan
 User Gallery

#23344016 - 06/14/16 04:22 PM (8 years, 9 hours ago)

I think he just means the underlying feeling. Maybe enlightening is not the right word but more euphoric I'd say from my experience. I prefer microdose g acid to shrooms since mush give me a bodyoad even light doses

--------------------
"We are a way for the cosmos to know itself."

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   OlympusMyco.com Olympus Myco Bulk Substrate   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag