Home | Community | Message Board

High Mountain Compost
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblesakura
Aussie Expat

Loc: Japan
need info regarding Agrocybe farinacea
    #2333678 - 02/14/04 08:47 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Agrocybe farinacea

Have a dozen or so good photos, have been unable to find specific botanical details to attempt field ID.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: need info regarding Agrocybe farinacea [Re: sakura]
    #2335350 - 02/14/04 08:32 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

your an aussie living in japan? Cool.
Ill try and find some info - i can help you off the top of my head with general info on agrocybes, bu for the nitty-gritty ill have to do some research.

--------------------

Invisiblesakura
Aussie Expat

Re: need info regarding Agrocybe farinacea [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #2335899 - 02/15/04 01:52 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Thanks bluemeanie (just your name brings back memories of my childhood... ahhhh)

--------------------
Shrooms aren't everyone's cup of tea... (Some folks just eat 'em)

Invisiblesakura
Aussie Expat

#2353717 - 02/19/04 07:35 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

*bump* Anyone know anything about these? (They are known to grow in this area, but I still haven't found anything I would consider 'sound' info to attempt a positive ID.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2354035 - 02/19/04 10:42 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

There is a two volume set of shroom ID books in japanese for about $150.00. They have a photo in that book I believe. They also have P. argentipes and some others int here expensive shroom guides.. Check at a local library or Universsity library.

mj

Invisiblesakura
Aussie Expat

#2515389 - 04/02/04 01:48 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

*bump*

These are known to fruit in April... (2 months before I can find any other actives)

I have a grand library of pics, but just cant find ANY info on these.

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2517980 - 04/02/04 06:25 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

The chemical analysis of this species is described in a paper by Koike, et al.,

Koike, Yutaka., Yokoyama, Kazumasa., Wada, Kohko., Kusano, Genjiro., and Shigeo Nozoe. 1981. Isolation of psilocybin from Psilocybe argentipes and it's determination in specimens of some mushrooms. Journal of Natural Products (Lloydia) vol. 44(3):362-365. May-June.
The chemical analysis of psilocybin in Gymnopilus liquiritiae, Agrocybe farinacea (Hongo), and Psathyrella candolleana (Fr.) is presented

Habitat and descriptions would most likely be uin Japanese.

Sorry, that is the only info available.
mj

Invisiblesakura
Aussie Expat

Re: need info regarding Agrocybe farinacea [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2518140 - 04/02/04 09:06 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I found this ...  (You gotta love machine translations :smile: )

The kind of seeing which is anywhere it is the mushroom of the feeling which is accustomed, but name does not understand only such. At the beginning you misunderstood, but you are wrong to first and it is improbable.
According to "the compact edition primary color mushroom picture book" of the north Takashi mansion, "the brim non sentence month mushroom. It is distributed to main island. Stomach poison obscurity. Summer from the spring, on the compost and the chaff gregariousness - some fascicled. The Maruyama shape, after you open the umbrella almost flatly. Diameter 2 - 6cm. The surface it is smooth without viscosity, but it does a little and is our, pale ocher - ocher, at the time of the young fruit body of mushroom winds the edge inside. The meat to be thick, pale ocher or white. As for taste and smell starchy condition. As for pleat in handle dark brown after the orthotropous and the light color, as for edge minute powder condition, denseness. The handle, length 3 - 8cm, the almost same color as the umbrella, is a fibrous stria, the apex powder, there is no brim. The base expands ", that it is.
That when you say, at the beginning, why you misunderstood, when description and the photograph of the picture book are seen with the preconception that those where so you were taught to the person with beginning, "probably are the ハ bamboo mushroom", there is also a feature which coincides to just the mushroom of the same course, ignoring the point which crosses, it is the circumstance which it has faith in.
Soon becoming, when you read the feature of both and compare, the point which differs a rather certain thing you understand. As for standard to be smaller (diameter 1 - 2cm there is in the picture book of the north Takashi mansion), as for the handle on the center there to be a medulla, the pleat of the umbrella when you compare to ???????, is rough. Like this when you have written, our "it is different it is at all! "With you think. Seeing the photograph and the picture of the picture book.  It receives the impression which will be been secure with wall thickness the meat thin vis-a-vis the feeling which is the bloom doing. Size is different in any case rather. The evidence that was obtained to be, "with you read with the partiality which is said, because so you think, you think that the being convinced of the beginner is truly random ones. As for the carrier of mushroom hunt however it is 5 - 6 years, when it becomes mushroom observation, as for beginning being very recent, it is the beginner similar.
That more it probably will securely identify in regard to the mushroom which in the opportunity, picks up, this at least in the home page, it is the circumstance which is reflected deeply. (Description May of 98 certain day)

OK...  Everybody get that?  :lol:

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2518667 - 04/02/04 12:56 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

What'cha talking about Willis?

mj

Say what?

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
    #2518671 - 04/02/04 12:57 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Post large copies of the species and I can add t that to the ultimate Shroom Guide.

mj

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Hunting and Identification