Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineKilljoy
TheHyperdimensionalSlug

Home-made mycobags?
    #2333356 - 02/14/04 01:25 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Anyone got any good ideas for home-made mycobags?

I've only got a relatively small PC, and 8 1/2 pint jars a load is just annoying to deal with. One big fat-ass bag would be a heck of alot nicer, and I'd rather not deal with money and snail mail and other formalities if possible.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinellamaboy
the weasel thatsnagged the bee

Loc: Portland PNW
Re: Home-made mycobags? [Re: Killjoy]
    #2333525 - 02/14/04 03:28 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

if you can find anything at your local hardware store that is made of pp(polypropelene) that is what is normally used in mycobags. polypropolene has a higher melting point and can withstand the temps in a PC. heavy duty PP is what you should be looking for.

Offlinepsiloz
Stranger

Loc: Australia
Re: Home-made mycobags? [Re: llamaboy]
    #2333640 - 02/14/04 05:50 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

After That poke a hole in it ala Annos Polyfill for simple minds tek
or glue on tyvek

I tried with LDPE bags anbd they hold up to fractional sterilisation in a steamer but not at PC temp and pressure

Havent found PP yet - anyone care to enlighten us?

Offlinellamaboy
the weasel thatsnagged the bee

Loc: Portland PNW
Re: Home-made mycobags? [Re: psiloz]
    #2333674 - 02/14/04 06:44 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

pp is simply polypropolene...cna't be that hard to find...it's just a heavier duty plastic..as most plastic is polyethylene. i would think home depot or the sort would have it

Invisiblecricket
Lord Cricket
Male User Gallery

Loc: in my house, in front of ...
    #2333763 - 02/14/04 08:26 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I've said it before, but nobody seems to take it seriously.
OVEN BAGS AND MEDICATED BANDAIDS.

--------------------
I tried to leave my signature but it didn't work...
By the way... Does anybody know how to get sharpie markers off of a computer screen?

OfflineChiLong
More machine elfthan man...

Loc: Twisted, moved to E-Ville
Re: Home-made mycobags? [Re: cricket]
    #2344706 - 02/17/04 07:04 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

cricket said:
I've said it before, but nobody seems to take it seriously.
OVEN BAGS AND MEDICATED BANDAIDS.

I've experienced nothing but failure when trying to use oven bags :frown:

Anonymous

#2344860 - 02/17/04 08:20 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

you would have to buy the bags online and make your own thats the only way to have good succes

Invisiblecricket
Lord Cricket
Male User Gallery

Loc: in my house, in front of ...
Re: Home-made mycobags? [Re: ChiLong]
    #2344986 - 02/17/04 09:21 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I have had better luck with oven bags then with premade myco bags.
I roll the bag down before loading it. Then I'll tie a knot in the bag at a point above were the growing medium has touched the bag.
You have to be VERY carefull not to get juicies tied up in the knot. If any growing medium gets caught in the knot it will create a path for contams.
Band-aids won't hold up to the heat and water. Before I PC. I cut a 1 inch hole in the bag two to three inches above the grain. This will allow presure to be released while in the PC. Let the bag cool in the PC. Once it is cool you can quickly cover the hole with a medicated band-aid. (I have never been able to keep contams out with a normal band-aids.)
I just inject through the band-aid and let the spore solution drip into the medium.
Oven bags can be heat sealed. With a little practice you can turn one turkey bag into six myco bags with nothing but a cigarette lighter, a razor blade and a box of band-aids.
Cheap, easy, No waiting for your order to be prosessed. No paper trail.
I know that myco bags are legal but now that the Gov. is trying to include drug production with the PATRIOT ACT, It is probably a good idea to minumize there ability to track your behavior.

--------------------
I tried to leave my signature but it didn't work...
By the way... Does anybody know how to get sharpie markers off of a computer screen?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract