Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMuppet
Nomadic Jester
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: (523) 327-2836
standing back from situations gives you the perfect view
    #3108009 - 09/08/04 12:40 PM (19 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Main Entry: dis?so?ci?ate
Pronunciation: (")di-'sO-shE-"At, -sE-
Function: verb
Inflected Form(s): -at?ed; -at?ing
Etymology: Latin dissociatus, past participle of dissociare, from dis- + sociare to join, from socius companion -- more at SOCIAL
transitive senses
1 : to separate from association or union with another
2 : DISUNITE; specifically : to subject to chemical dissociation
intransitive senses
1 : to undergo dissociation
2 : to mutate especially reversibly

I'm sure you're all familiar with the term...as am I sure many of you have probably 'experimented' with substances like DXM and the like

I'm not here to reiterrate ideas and concepts that are already well known...and I'm not here to spell out the basics in an attempt to somehow exhault myself to some guru status

I'm here to tell a story (and not a very interesting one at that) a story about recent events in my life - the descisions I've come to make on certain issues, the thought processes that lead up to these conclusions, and my general frame of mind throughout these events

in short - I'm using this place as my own personal online journal, cause I'm entirely too lazy to track down that ol blog I made many moons ago and never used beyond the first week

...anywho...

as you may or may not know I've been floating around pretty much aimlessly for quite some time now

I mean - I have goals and ambitions and dreams and all that other nice crap, and I've been steadily working towards becomming the sort of person that I'm wanting to be for quite some time now, but I've spent so much time and energy focusing on the future that I've been seriously neglecting the present

in essence - I've pretty much given up on trying to take the same sort of routes that seem to work for other people, and have been putting all my eggs in one basket so to speak

recently though - it's become more and more obvious that my master plan just isn't gonna come into play soon enough, and I've been attempting to find other means of survival until I can finish getting my shit together

I came within a nickle of an inch to concreting my future down a path that I never truely wanted to take in the first place - one which allthough paved in gold, was simply not the path I feel is my true calling (in the sense that we all have our place in this world, and as long as we live within our means, and do what we're best capable of doing - life becomes less of a struggle, and more of an incredible gift)

I was caught up in the frivolousities of it all, and sucked into this sort of wanton vortex of technicalities and over scrutination - I got so wrapped up in my concerns about events I couldn't possibly comprehend in their entirity, that I allowed my very limited perception of said events to alter my underlying belief that 'this too shall pass' (e.g. some how some way I'd push through this shit, just as I had been doing for the past few years, and sooner or later I'd manage to get past this hurdle and be in a much better position)

I reached a moment of weakness where I nearly gave up on everything I have dedicated my entire life too, and I almost threw away everything I had already set in motion...simply because I couldn't see through the fog that had accumulated before me, and I saw an easier way out that (superficially) was far more glamorous then the road which I had previously chosen for myself

but then in a moment of clarity I decided to step back from things for a moment, in order to better grasp the gestalt of things

I noticed the two roads laying out in front of me, and I saw how one was a quote unquote 'perfect' path filled with all sorts of treasures and what have you, and I saw how it gradually got worse and worse and less and less fullfilling as it worked it's way to it's culmination...and I noticed how the other path (the one I had been walking) was the exact opposite of this new path that had been laid out infront of me

I knew at once that  I was about to make a huge mistake...and I realized very quickly why each path was so vastly different, and why each one sequenced the way it did - one was the path I was meant to take, and the other was a deviation from that path (one of many I might add)

I've known for a long time that the only true 'heaven' is the one that is achieved through flowing with the natural order of things, and that 'hell' is simply an attempt to swim against the current...and by leaping up out of the water for a moment to see which way the river is flowing - one is able to better align themselves with the 'flow'

drugs are not necessary for this feat, nor is any sort of complicated meditation practice - you don't need to open your chakras, or cleanse your spirit, or cut off parts of your brain that rationalise the shit outta the mundane - all that's necessary is to stop for a brief moment, break apart whatever preconcieved notions you might be clinging onto, and simply let the river take you wheverever it is that you most need to be

life will always choose the past of least resistance - accept the natural order of things and you'll never have to swim a day in your life

[EDIT] allright, so maybe that didn't quite come out the way I wanted it to (hell, I didn't even go into any of the specifics) but I suppose that just goes to show that you can't mold the river of life any more then you can redesign the cosmos

fluicity is kinda crazy like that  :wink:

Thus Spake Muppet

--------------------

:craven:  Ravings of a Madman  :craven:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHalayudha
Empath
Male User Gallery

Loc: fresh air, nature, warm-i...
Re: standing back from situations gives you the perfect view [Re: Muppet]
    #23332343 - 06/11/16 10:04 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

I've known for a long time that the only true 'heaven' is the one that is achieved through flowing with the natural order of things,

and the next paragraph, :smile:

--------------------
Call me not rebel, though { here at every word
                          {in what I sing
If I no longer hail thee  { King and Lord
                          { Lord and King

Invisibleredgreenvines
irregular verb
 User Gallery

Re: standing back from situations gives you the perfect view [Re: Halayudha]
    #23332485 - 06/11/16 10:58 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

"the past of least resistance" sticks out for me

--------------------
:confused: _ :brainfart:🧠  _ :finger:

Offlinefalcon
 User Gallery

Re: standing back from situations gives you the perfect view [Re: redgreenvines]
    #23332532 - 06/11/16 11:16 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Muppet's prose flows.

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #23334309 - 06/11/16 09:31 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Halayudha said:
I've known for a long time that the only true 'heaven' is the one that is achieved through flowing with the natural order of things,

and the next paragraph, :smile:

You're talking to a dead guy :albundy:

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Loc: Deep in the system Flag
Re: standing back from situations gives you the perfect view [Re: Hobozen]
    #23335104 - 06/12/16 04:54 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Muppet is dead too? Fuck man, so many Shroomery members seem to meet untimely demises. Not just death, but rehab, getting pissed off with the amount of trolls elsewhere on the site, changing community spirit, getting busted, going clean, mental health issues, etc, etc

Sill, I've never agreed with pulling up a thread more than a year old, let alone 11!! Did you not notice how old the OP was Halayudha?

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: standing back from situations gives you the perfect view [Re: Jokeshopbeard]
    #23335181 - 06/12/16 05:50 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Muppet is dead, he went out with a bang too if I'm not mistaken, good story if you can find it in here.

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Re: standing back from situations gives you the perfect view [Re: Hobozen]
    #23335192 - 06/12/16 05:57 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

What happened to Muppet

Not sure I buy what it said in that thread, but sounds like a suicide.

--------------------
Let it be seen that you are nothing. And in knowing that you are nothing... there is nothing to lose, there is nothing to gain. What can happen to you? Something can happen to the body, but it will either heal or it won't. What's the big deal? Let life knock you to bits. Let life take you apart. Let life destroy you. It will only destroy what you are not.
--Jac O'keeffe

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

#23335200 - 06/12/16 06:02 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

@Halayudha, could I please ask that you raise a new topic if there is something you want to discuss? Saves going through the emotional trauma that I just went through at the very least, and it is worth bearing in mind that any responses to an 11 year old OP were made by very different posters, of a different era.

I'm gonna lock this thread for now. Will leave it up a couple of days until so I know you'll see this, and then will move it out of our listing.

--------------------
--Jac O'keeffe

InvisibleJokeshopbeard
Humble Student

Re: standing back from situations gives you the perfect view [Re: Muppet]
    #23335205 - 06/12/16 06:02 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

This thread has been closed.

Reason:
OP is no longer with us, Halayudha is free to start a new thread if he wishes to pursue topic.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder