Home | Community | Message Board

Crestline Sales - MycoPath
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Grateful Dead

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineImYourSpedFriend
Fear and Loathing
Male

Loc: NH
Question about my band of sorts ...
    #2333504 - 02/14/04 05:13 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

So me and a very good friend of mine are starting a band, we have all slots filled, as soon as we want to get off the ground. ATM my buddies job and my slow lyric and music writing skills (more on this later) are what's holding us back the most. But anyway. We really can't decide what style of music to play. We were looking at something like Type O Negative meets tool but taken a little further. But we also really wanted something grateful dead, moe, phishy jam band style ... we have names for both, we more of less have the covers we are going to do set out now we need to learn them. Here is the major question, which set list do we learn and what style songs do I write ...... Also the reason I'm so slow at making songs is I don't know which to do so my mind is thinking of both at the same time, let me just add my small attention span hates that. Plus do you know how hard it is to write in the dark when you don't have a small light source  :mad: :wink: :laugh: ... Ahhh I'm going insane, help me out a little, any thing you have to say I'm listening ......

A poll to help me count, plus I've never made one :smile2:

*EDIT* Damn I can't believe I messed up the poll option, it isn't that hard dangitall ... All Well ...
Which Style to Play
You may choose only one
Type O Negative, Toolish
Dead, moe., Phishy
I am Sir Tokes A lot

Votes accepted from (02/14/04 02:00 PM) to (No end specified)
You must vote before you can view the results of this poll

Edited by ImYourSpedFriend (02/14/04 05:37 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlineskoomaguitarist
pathetique

Loc: superfailure
Re: Question about my band of sorts ... [Re: ImYourSpedFriend]
    #2333513 - 02/14/04 05:18 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

man, no one can tell you what type of music you should be making... you have to decide that all on your own, or within your group. if you are going to be writing the songs, i'd suggest whatever comes out... don't just go with a certain style because the masses have dictated it... then you would be just another sell-out band in a world of sell-outs....

OfflineImYourSpedFriend
Fear and Loathing
Male

Loc: NH
Re: Question about my band of sorts ... [Re: skoomaguitarist]
    #2333524 - 02/14/04 05:28 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Ah it's not like that ... This isn't a very certain style, this is more like an overview. Just a base for us to work off of. at the moment most of us can't really stand what is out there right now. And I'm sorry if it came off wrong, I'm not asking for you folks to decide just to maybe help me out a little, plus I'm bored as all hell and needed something to do ... I'd decide within the group but right now it's certain people for certain types, except for me and my buddy, and he left it up to me. *yawn* man I hope ya'll understand what I'm saying ... Peace for now

InvisibleKackleDude
transmundaneother

Loc: Close to the Edge, Down b...
Re: Question about my band of sorts ... [Re: ImYourSpedFriend]
    #2337564 - 02/15/04 03:52 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Go for the Sir Tokes Style! But yeah, just work off your mind as a base to work off of. Play any music you can make that you think sounds good and work with that. Then make some more music that you think sounds good. Then you will have your sound, It's real hard to start making music with a certain Idea in mind unless you're experienced. Let it come naturally
Quote:

Also the reason I'm so slow at making songs is I don't know which to do so my mind is thinking of both at the same time,

Don't try thinking of anything when you make the songs. let em flow without preassumptions and then you will be free.

--------------------
yeeeahh, it's gonna be well wicked

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Grateful Dead

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media