Home | Community | Message Board

Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
 User Gallery

Loc: oakland
Salvia - Help Needed...
    #2330546 - 02/13/04 01:33 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Well, I thought I'd come to some experienced people to see if anybody suffers from the same problem with salvia that I do. When I smoke it (I've tried with leaf, 5X and 10X), I run into one of two problems. Either (this always happens with leaf) the effects are very minimal - perhaps even placebo - I feel a bit dizzy, my vision seems a bit skewed, and it wears off after a few minutes... almost like I've been holding my breath is all. The other thing that happens to me is I fall into a deep deep hole (this has happened with the 10X and 5X) - I take a rip or two, lay back, start enjoying the fractal patterns that take over where the ceiling was, and then slip into the ground. The next thing I know, I'm in deep blackness - I feel as if nothing (not even myself) exists - no thought, no sound, no light, just nothingness. After a while (I have no idea how long while the experience is going on, but by the clocks time it is about 5-10 minutes), I can start faintly hearing the music in the background, then realize that my eyes are closed, open them, and everything comes back slowly. While this is quite an intense experience - I don't really gain anything from it... since "nothing" happens. I've read many trip reports about salvia causing other-worldy visions - causing deep intricate thoughts - and such. Does anybody have any advice for me? I think the problem is that when I smoke the extract, I smoke too much... but I've tried taking smaller hits and bigger hits, and it's either nothing (no effect) or nothing (nothingness). Perhaps the problem is that I am quite light (only like 53 kilos - 125 lbs)? But I haven't had such problems with other psychedelics. Has anybody else suffered from the same problem - and if so, how did you get around this? Is salvia just not for me?

Thanks for any advice,

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
lucid dreamer
 User Gallery

Loc: lost at sea
Re: Salvia - Help Needed... [Re: Krishna]
    #2330651 - 02/13/04 01:57 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

minimal effects maybe cuz of your lighter type
you have to use jetlighters...

for the other problem can't say anything...it is the strongest psychedelic so...who knows...

lucidal expansion

Creator, DrugExploree

Loc: Heart
Re: Salvia - Help Needed... [Re: butterflydawn]
    #2331756 - 02/13/04 07:07 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Do you know how much each dose you take is approximately? Take like 1/5 - 1/6 of a gram of 5x extract, and that should be a good high dose (not to o high though). Peace

See, the shrooms explore me. They riddle my mind, they teach me the eternal with direct experience. My soul is one with existance.

Loc: High
    #2332664 - 02/13/04 11:59 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I just smoked some salvia for the 2nd time about an hour ago. The first time i didnt get shit. The 2nd time i barely did. Im giveing up on it totaly.

When I spit, I shine.

#2333079 - 02/14/04 01:39 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I don't really care for salvia to much. I get the same thing as you deep blackness. I been playing around with it for a few months and never really got an enjoyable experience out of it. All my friends get blasted away talking to people that aren't there and laghing while I just get the deep blackness or a good buzz. Mind you I always smoked out of a water bong and used a torch lighter. The one time I tried like hell to get past the blackness smoking like 6 hits in a row. Low and behold just the blackness again. I tried 3 different venders of salvia and there are differences in potency.

Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2333779 - 02/14/04 10:45 AM (12 years, 8 months ago)

> The other thing that happens to me is I fall into a deep deep hole

Practice smoking a bit less, or holding it for a shorter time.  Figure out what it takes to get you to the edge, and then go a bit further.  When you smoke too much, you get all the effects, along with amnesia, which doesn't really do a lot of good.  :grin:

Just another spore in the wind.

Cya later, friends.
Male User Gallery

Loc: ny Flag
Re: Salvia - Help Needed... [Re: Seuss]
    #2337587 - 02/15/04 03:59 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

i'm guessing its a "problem" with your mental setup. i put problem in quotation marks because its not really a problem, you just use a differnt mindset than most salvia users. kudos to being able to experiance the blackness while staying conscious, i think thats a sign of good mental alertness.
anyways, i would suggest practicing getting into the hypogenic state while you're waiting to go to sleep, just try and stay conscious, but not really awake, till you start seeing things as if they were real. i've been doing this a while and i still almost always come back to full awake as soon as i realise i'm actually lying in bed, not the place i think i am. but anyways, i think that may help you get in touch with the part of your mind that is affected by salvia. i have the same problem by the way almost, similar

You can check the last post in my journal for contact info.

point of inflection
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Ontario, Canada
    #2337643 - 02/15/04 04:15 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

I weigh less than you do (about 120). It may be that your "breakthrough" experience is simply what you are experiencing. In my experience, most people have a certain "type" of breakthrough that seems specific to them. My breakthroughs always end off with the blackness (ego-loss?) but getting there is one hell of a story.

My first few times smoking I would either underdose or go too far, especially with the extracts.

My advice: just get some more experience with how much you need to smoke. Definately try out 5x more instead of the higher strength extracts, and try to get better at measuring out your dose.

Good luck :smile:

You're here because you know something.
What you know you can't explain,
But you feel it;
You've felt it your entire life.
That there's something wrong with the world.
You don't know what it is, but it's there....
Like a splinter in your mind...
Driving you mad.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Salvia

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience