Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflineMarkostheGnostic
Elder
Male User Gallery

Loc: South Florida Flag
Re: Praying [Re: NiamhNyx]
    #2333839 - 02/14/04 09:38 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Excellent response! The point is to 'get with GOD's program,' which is The Way (or the Tao for that matter). Plus, in all honesty, and with all reverence, it is 'quickening' to realize that the will of the prayer, may and does coincide with the Will of GOD. When that occurs with increasing frequency, one is seen to approach the kind of relationship depicted in the Gospels between Christ and GOD. A fig tree 'bearing no fruit' is happened upon and serves to illustrate Truth on multiple levels: no actual fruit, a metaphor for a lack of spiritual fruit, an example of the synchronicities that become a believer's 'manna from Heaven,' and other levels that I'll not ponder at the moment.

I will not debate the validity of prayer for a different reason. Prayer is, more generally, a mode of being-in-the-world to use existentialist terms. It is a constant state of connection with GOD that occurs 'on its own' without my awareness at times, as in sleep (the Psalmist said: "I sleep, but my heart waketh"), or when the Prayer of the Heart 'descends' from Head to Heart and becomes identified with heartbeat and breath so that one's heartbeat/breath become the very prayer - each beat and each breath reminding us of GOD. As to Prayers of Thanksgiving - I do this often, and I have an AMAZING story of my Petitionary Prayer manifesting with such specific results that chance can't even enter as a cause [and which I will not write about publically]. I had hoped to keep this brief, but got carried away. Sorry about that. Peace.

--------------------
γνῶθι σαὐτόν - Gnothi Seauton - Know Thyself

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Praying [Re: Ped]
    #2333848 - 02/14/04 09:44 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Ped said:
It may be helpful to take debate and discusion elsewhere.

Good point.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Praying [Re: MarkostheGnostic]
    #2334618 - 02/14/04 02:12 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I really like that. Basically becoming aware of God every moment... its like mediation in a way.

So basically what it comes down to is WHAT your idea of just who or what "God" is, and staying conscious of it. To some, God is some big dude passing judgement and granting wishes.. when they pray, they are staying concious of that archetype. For others, well, some believe God is the fact that life is here, the power that all of this is subdivided and existing within... they stay conscious of that by prayer, meditation....

The concept of the Prayer of the Heart has always deeply intrigued me, about that Pilgrim or whatever.... The last couple years of my life have seen me becoming more conscious of myself and life. Starting to direct my consciousness like that, so that with every heartbeat I am conscious of the energy, the experience... this power that keeps all of this going...

The thought of it seems very profound to me. I've been doing a lot of deep reflecting as of late... I really appreciate you bringing that up again. :laugh: It is all about where you decide to direct this power of conscious focus, after all... 
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order