Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineAtomisk
all forms areself awareness

Loc: jungle of love
oxycontin addiction
    #2324061 - 02/11/04 12:22 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

ive been chewing (orally ingesting) 80+ mgs just about every day for a few months. ive gone a few days without it here and there, and it was pretty easy...but im scared now. if i stop, will my dopamine receptors be fucked up for life? anyone else out there go thrugh this, or currently taking?

--------------------
o house-builder! thou art seen. thou shalt build no house again. all thy rafters are broken. thy ridge-pole is shattered.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: oxycontin addiction [Re: Atomisk]
    #2324936 - 02/11/04 04:00 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

No, your dopamine receptors wont be fucked for life, but it just takes a long time for them to adjust back to normal.
-And even then, if you kick the habit for a month, a year, 10-years, ('doesn't really matter) it will still take you the same amount of dope to get high from, and if you continue using at a later date then your habit will begin where you left it off.

Personally i think it sucks that people get strung out on those sh*tty oxys, i think oxy is sorta lame..(not to insult you im just saying), it makes you sicker than heroin will. My own theory is that since heroin is so much more potent you have to put less of it into your body, where-as with oxys you have to put a lot more of extra powder into your system everyday. And i just think oxy is lame anyways, if you want to be a junky definately just go with the H-bomb.

80+mgs a day sounds like you are really digging your feet down into the mookiness of opiate addiction, so i think you're going to have a relatively tough time kicking your habit. Sounds to me like you'll be sick. But since you havent kicked many times yet it shouldn't be that bad, "Yet".
-Each time you kick the habit, the withdrawls and symptoms you experience are multiplied with about double the agony than the kick before it.

I always just kicked cold-turkey and took it like a pro, very-painfully. And remember, that every time you kick you will be sicker (for the most part). I would estimate that you should have at least 7 days to get back onto your feet again after kicking cold from the habit you describe, and then take it day by day, until you reach a year or two of not being on dope and then you'll feel better again, with no problems, and you won't even think about doing dope every single day anymore, and after a year or two you don't even really desire the drug that much, it's a long road to travel though.

Or you can just go out and load up on oxys and take it day by day that way too.
-'Cause lets face it, you either feel sick and shitty, or you do your dope and feel like a million bucks. :shruggs shoulders:

Another avenue you could take is to go to a methadone clinic. Methadone is practically the same thing as heroin,, and a lot of my old buddies used to just slam the sh*t instead of drinking it the way perscribed.
-but methadone is another toughy to kick, harder withdrawls than H.
-and also everyone i ever knew that went the 'doner' route, never got off of the drugs.

I used to just go cold turkey, that way you learn the hard-fucking way; i don't believe that was any easy or "no-pain" way of permanantly kicking without it being an absolute nightmare.

Anyways, oxycotin is sh*t in my opinion.
If your going to continue doing dope you should just use heroin.
(That is some staunch advice i know, but i just don't like the lifestyle factor of being a junky on Oxycotin as opposed to just doing it right the first time and just be a heroin junky. Doen't heroin junky just sound so much more appealing? It's more exotic too, Oxycotin is for grandmas and grandpas and highschool kids who steal it from their medicine cabinets.).

Keep shroomin,
Good luck,
I hope my words don't circle around in your head like a nightmare when you are withdrawling.

Keep shroomin,
GG

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
    #2324962 - 02/11/04 04:08 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Well i was never as bad as you, but i did have a nice little problem with oxycontin

im not going to lie, its not going to be easy to stop
whenever i got over the sickness from oc, id get pretty depressed for a while, and id fiend for it a lot. It takes a while, but if you stick with it, eventually your brain chemicals will start to get readjusted as your body starts to balance out its own opiate levels. I havent done an opiate in almost a year, and while i still do think about the every now and then, its usually a fleeting thought, and i dont fiend for it like i used to. Whats hard is learning to deal with the shit that opiates always helped you escape.

One word of advice is dont listen to your brain when it tries to trick you to do oxy one last time. It always tries to trick you to stay hooked one dose at a time.

Does oxy mess with your dopamine receptors? i knew it did with endorphins but didnt know about dopamine.

Good Luck gettin clean man

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: oxycontin addiction [Re: Help on the Way]
    #2325010 - 02/11/04 04:21 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Well, i've never been a big fan of oxy but i've done enough to understand it.
-Oxy makes you "fiend" like you said.
-It makes you "fiend-out" for it!~

:smile: Heroin i believe is much different.

I don't remember heroin withdrawl being as "fiendy" as oxy-withdrawl. Heroin-withdrawl just makes you sick as a fuckin-dog :smile: 'you fiend for it, but the fiend isn't the same intensity as oxy. Oxy is more of a tweeker-withdrawl, it's truly sucky. They are pills, so i think that they give the junky a bigger mental-addiction to hurdle over, but they don't tear the living-shit out of you so-much (physically) like H does.

It's a long road to travel to get off the dope, but it is soooo much worth it to do it for yourself. It is so worth it man.  :shake:Then fuckin pills and opiates will just hold you back until you can muster up the will-power to just say "fuck this stuff! all it is doing is making me sick" "this shit is going to fucking kill me, and it's too expensive anyways".

Good luck,
Keep shroomin,
GG :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump: :heartpump:

InvisibleHelp on the Way
Slipknot420

Loc: Another World
Re: oxycontin addiction [Re: GGreatOne234]
    #2325324 - 02/11/04 05:44 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

i dunno heroin made me fiend too
just more really intense depression associated with it

and oxy did make me really sick too, so i dunno

i thikn heroin was more addictive, but they are both pretty bad
i dunno everyone is different

--------------------
:shocked: *Divine Moments of Truth* :shocked:

"Limitless undying love which shines around me like a million suns - it calls me on and on across the universe" ~ John Lennon

"Once in a while you get shown the light in the strangest of places if you look at it right" ~The Grateful Dead

"Religionists, with their guaranteed eventual paradise, of which they know nothing, taking it all on 'faith,' can't be expected to understand or sympathize with those with a yen to storm the Gate of Heaven and see for themselves what all the praying's about!" ~Robert Hunter

OfflineKreeprCeepr
Dont mistakelack of talentfor genius!

Loc: Oregon
    #2325498 - 02/11/04 06:23 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Ok, for some advice of getting off of Oxy, you just have to quit cold turkey! dont associate yourself with any of it, if your friends are doing it, stay the hell away for the night. Listen, rathe rit be Oxy, H, Meth, whatever, addiction can and WILL kill you eventually! There is nothing good about Oxy, or any of the rest, they are all shit. Just disasociate yourself with it, going to the gym helped me kick every addiction i have ever had, i have to this day never gone back. I think you need to just disasociate yourself from oxy, and start working out, or playing music, or whatever works for you, just keep your mind off that shit, and if your not a pussy you cna do it. Good luck, if you need support or just want to talk, go ahead an PM me, i've been where you are and it is shitty, but just get some balls and give that shit up!

--------------------
"My lands are where my dead lie buried" Crazy Horse R.I.P

Native Pride

OfflineAtomisk

Re: oxycontin addiction [Re: KreeprCeepr]
    #2327908 - 02/12/04 05:39 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

thank you, all of you. ive decided i really want to quit, i know it will be rough, but i will be strong. ill post here when i feel the need to communicate to others. ive had no pills today and im feeling ok as of now...thanks again

--------------------
o house-builder! thou art seen. thou shalt build no house again. all thy rafters are broken. thy ridge-pole is shattered.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2328068 - 02/12/04 06:44 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

this shit has been hooking MANY people I know, and its very very hard to quit - I feel very glad I never accepted it when I was offered because I have an addictive personality and would probably be right down in the pit with them right now..

Good luck, please be aware that YOU ARE NOT ALONE IN YOUR WISHES TO STOP - be strong and STOP IT.

thinking about taking one? flush it.

thinking about buying some? if you're about to spend your money on it, just burn the money instead - might as well

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinegrowmore
up it goes
 User Gallery
Loc: Cow field
    #2331073 - 02/13/04 01:20 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I know How you feel Im trying to fight a heroin habit and its not eazy I need to find something that will help me get off of it . I cant go to a clinic cuz my wife will know and thats bad for me for her to find out , you just have to fight it beleve me you dont have it as bad as I do . Im hear for you man cuz I know your pain and its probely not as bad as mine but we can work to geather to help fighting the adiction we need to stop befor it to late to stop. Seeings how I have no drug to help me fight my pain and sufering I am going to the city to give in to the monster . If any of you know where I can get something to help me get over this horible monster of a drug I wil love you for the rest of my life and give you my sole becase I shurly dont want heroin to get it .

--------------------
check my journal for my trade list

You see what you want to see not what it makes you see. I see said the blind man to the deaf women .

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: oxycontin addiction [Re: growmore]
    #2331381 - 02/13/04 02:37 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, Heroin was good fun, but,

The way i remember it was; once i was using it almost everyday, then it was everyday that all i could think about was "how on earth am i going to get clean from this stuff?"

So, for many years i was using daily, and everyday of it was not very enjoyable, everyday i just wanted to figure out a way to not have to ever use it again.

But that didn't happen until i was already addicted.

It's tricky, it's also very expensive.
And it also makes life rather miserable.

Just do whatever you can to get "healthy" and live "healthy" again, because using painkillers everyday for no reason other than being a junky is not-at-all healthy.

Believe me, it is super-painful to get off of them, but once you do life can go back to normal, and if you have the strength to continue without drugs, than you might even be a stronger person than you were in the first place.

Don't be scared of the dope.

You'll probably even fall off, and start up again, it happens, and that is actually just part of the process of getting off the drugs.. so, don't get down on yourself if you screw up and get high again!
-Just remember, you're probably not going to enjoy it very much (to slip up and get high on dope again)
--It's really not the most enjoyable of drugs anyways.

Take it a day at a time, and each day (believe me) gets easier and easier, and don't worry about having a slip-up or two (or three or four :smile:) It happens, and the slips are just part of teaching yourself why you don't want to be a junky anymore anyways

Good luck,

You should be Ok.

Keep shroomin,
GG

OfflineAtomisk

#2335201 - 02/14/04 05:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

ive been two days without oxys. my body feels sore, especially in all my joints; i guess my brain hasnt produced too much endorphins in while. i havent gotten sick, but i dreamt of taking them all night in all my dreams. i feel like i can do this...ive never been addicted to anything before, i dont really have an addictive personality. well, im off to watch some anime with my g/f.

--------------------

OfflineAtomisk

#2336777 - 02/15/04 08:59 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

last night i woke up with cold sweats and was jonesin tough. i looked around my bed for any pills i might have dropped and sure enough found a 40 mg pill, i took it but im not angry with myself, just mildly dissappointed. this is harder than i thought it would be. that pill calmed me imensely and i fell asleep a few hours later, im not feeling to bad now though.

--------------------

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
    #2336899 - 02/15/04 09:47 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Well, hell-yeah :heartpump: feels good just to get some f*ckin drugs inya to make ya feel better.

Of course you're going to eat-it, why wouldn't you ya know?
-It's either feel sick, or feel good, it's a real tough place to be.

It is the pills you find on the floor by chance (when you are sick) that will help you realize how much it has been really poisoning you..

So it's not (always) a set-back, but more of a step-back to just learn more about how badly your body is becoming to crave the drug. And always remember that you truly do not need the drugs anymore once you can walk long enough down the road to "sobriety" (maybe i shouldn't use that word because it is rediculous to want to be sober, but it's not rediculous to want to live life again w/o those creepy pills you been taking).

So, for the most part, what happened to you over the past two days was your body actually became extatic to not be recieveing the poisonous-dope and it decided to Naturally begin to heal your body (and your brain) by sweating it out of your system naturally. This is a good though, and even though it is painful and uncomfortable your body was seriously happy to realize it wasn't being poisoned anymore and finally was given the chance to naturally restabalize itself back to normal.
-But then you took another pill :smile: Doh! So, you just confused the body (and minds) healing process, and basically (for the most part) you have to start over again at squart one where you were two days ago, and have to do it all over again.

You can do it over and over and over and over again as many times as you want, but it will always put you back at square one (for the most part), and especially during the first 1-30 days of being off the dope is when the square-one scenario can literally repeat itself all over again (i.e. you will need to re-experience most of the sweating and uncomfortability that your body already was working on: even after just taking the one pill, one pill is enough to throw the brain back into confusion about how it is going to give your body the natural Morphine: because right now the only thing your brain understands about its releasing of endorphins is that it needs pills to do it,, a junkies brain ceases to naturally give you the bodies natural Morphine unless it is with the pill/dope). So, eventually people just realize this and harmoniously the body will tell the mind and the mind will tell the body that the habit isn't even worth it.

Another thing to look forward to is a very-interesting fascit of opiate-withdrawl; When your body exhausts all of the sweating and aching and uncomfortability, usually there comes a moment when the bodies endorphins finally decide to begin working again (now working without the drug, because when you are a junky the only thing that releases those things are the drug and it ceases to do it naturally), anyways, the body will finally release the bodies Natural Morphine and it will give the recovering junky a very nice and natural rush,, it is very brilliant and usually lasts only 15-20 minutes and then you feel kinda sick again, but it really does happen in a sort of rush like that.. so it is at least something to look forward to once you start to get healthy again. In other-words, the brain actually signals its first natural release of the natural Morphine in your body and without the help of needing pills/dope to do it for it.

There is really no way around it; you either sweat it out and feel the pain, or you just keep using. It's as simple as that. The most difficult place for the body and mind is inbetween the two of those, when you are in limbo of being sick and high and high and then sick, running out of money to buy the stuff and then going through withdrawls (sometimes all the way through) just until you get enough money to get sick again and so-on, it's rough.

Offlinegrowmore
up it goes
 User Gallery
Loc: Cow field
    #2336981 - 02/15/04 10:44 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

It is so rough and you must know what its like , I feal for you Atomisk and you have the balls to stop well you can for me its to late but ill have to do it just like you are, because my life is going down the drain . I seen what this drug dose to people and its not pretty , my uncle is in and out of prison because of this shit and he looks realy bad . You think with me seeing him like this I would have never started but your wrong cuz I did and now I wish it could all stop with out the nasty sid efects . so I would recommend to any one dont even start this monster of a drug cuz if you do your doomed for the rest of your life with a horrible habit that will follow you for ever . Atomisk send me a pm I would like to talk to you in private , and I hope that every thing works out for both of use .

--------------------
check my journal for my trade list

You see what you want to see not what it makes you see. I see said the blind man to the deaf women .

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: oxycontin addiction [Re: growmore]
    #2338054 - 02/15/04 04:01 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

doomed for the rest of your life with a horrible habit that will follow you for ever .

-It seems like that when you are using, but it's not completely true.

Opiates are a very fascinating drug..

There is a great life in the future for the both of you, get off the pain-killers for a year and you will see, it is really only an illusion, drugs are just an illusion.
-Part of the addiction is the actual thoughts like "i'm a junky for the rest of my life, i'll never stop craving this stuff", but that is sincerely only the drugs talking.
-Opiate addiction doesn't "stay" with you, it was already in you, the drugs at least, the "addiction" will wear off in time and eventually you wont think about using them constantly, and instead you'll just have memories of how sick the stuff made you.

With Opiates you are truly dancing with disaster. Every single person on earth loves how you feel use them, it's only natural, it's Morphine, it's the stuff dreams are made of.
-Absolutely everyone on the earth loves the feeling the Morpine gives them. It's human. Everyone is prone to become a junky, because it's human, it's Morphine.

InvisibleBillyGrass

#2339869 - 02/16/04 01:38 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Opiates are for the dying.

What are opiates used for in hospitals? You say pain relief. You are right. But, more specifically, they are for pain relief in people who can't deal with the pain on their own, or those who no longer care whether the drugs will hurt them or not. You guys are intelligent enough for me to tell that you CAN very much deal with your problems. And neither of you have life threatening illnesses, do you?

Opiates are for the dying. If you have decided to die and to give up, then please continue as you are. But, I discern by your posts that you want to live. You want to get better. Well, you can. So do it. You have more power and control over yourself than you may realize. Not just to get off drugs but to fix the problems you had before you got hooked. Follow your instincts. Get some balls. Slay your enemy, for the ones you love.

good luck
BillyGrass

InvisibleGGreatOne234
Stranger
Re: oxycontin addiction [Re: BillyGrass]
    #2343257 - 02/16/04 08:29 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Good advice BillyGrass, i think of them the same way, they are for people who are dying or just in extreme pain in the hospital.

More good advice you gave is to not just get off the drugs, but to also figure out what made you began using them in the first place!

Poppies are a very sacred flower though (they are for people on their deathbed and for people after surgury ect.), the Opium-drug, the opium is actually the blood of the Poppy.

OfflineAtomisk

Re: oxycontin addiction [Re: BillyGrass]
    #2346177 - 02/17/04 02:49 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

im doing my best...addiction is never asked for

--------------------

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
    #2357381 - 02/20/04 12:15 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Have you had any more since the 40 during the night? Good luck.

--------------------

OfflineAtomisk

Re: oxycontin addiction [Re: the free thinker]
    #2359608 - 02/20/04 01:44 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

well, i suppose i have no reason to lie. yes, ive had a few, but not more than 20mgs a day (cutting down from 80+). So, i know many of you say cold turkey is the only way, but i really do think this will work for me...but, it may not, too. i plan on reducing it to half a 20, or 10m, then 5, then nothing all in a matter of a week or two. if this doesnt work i will try cold turky again. but the main reason i have faith im myself is because i really do want to get off it for good, this isnt half-ass attempt.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder