Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
My Old Tracks
    #2327108 - 02/12/04 03:52 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

OK, got some hosting space, so I'm sharing this shit with yall.

These tracks are some work I did over a year ago. All of them are rough, and I think one of them (dune) cuts off in the middle.

I would say my weakest points on these tracks are drums and overall production (levels, mixing, etc...)

I havent produced anything since I quit working on these tracks. I have a lot of connections in the music biz, but school has left me with no time to work on stuff. I was thinking about getting into production again, and was wondering if you guys thought I could be a good producer, given the proper cultivation of my talent. Keep in mind these tracks are all very elementary- they are representative of me learing how to use the software. I think I used Sonar, Reason, and Soundforge for these tracks.

All my friends have been real encouraging and have told me that these tracks were great, but you know how friends can be about that shit. I would prefer the brutal honesty of the internet to see whether music production is worth persuing with my valuable time.

OK, so, without further ado:

http://musicv2.com/artist/doctorj

2xDragon - My first track, started almost 2 years ago. Jungle/DnB 183 BPM

Dune -jungle/dnb. ripped off the main theme from the movie Dune (the david lynch version) 178 BPM

A Warm Place (Natural Born Killers Remix) - me totally butchering Nine Inch Nails with unneccesarily repetitive use of samples from the movie Natural Born Killers. 160 BPM

PS: These tracks are nothing compared to what Icould do if I invested a whole lot of time, money, and energy into production. All this work was done in between classes on a shitty soundcard with pirated software.

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: My Old Tracks [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2327225 - 02/12/04 04:18 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I rarely listen to jungle but this sounds decent for a beginner

sounds like you've got the ear for the synths - its like you said the percussion could use more work than the synths, as I found myself stranded with the percussion at times ("damn that drum was a bit too early/late" kinda stuff), but yeah if you dedicated yourself to this I could see some mighty-fine stuff coming from you man :smile:

Stick with it, if only as a hobby for now

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

InvisibleDoctorJ
Stranger
 Arcade Champion: Frogger

Loc: space
Re: My Old Tracks [Re: Strumpling]
    #2328074 - 02/12/04 08:48 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

thanks for the encouragement.

I didnt have a very good understanding of drums when I was working on this stuff. Melodies were really more my bag.

People always wanna collaborate with me, but I'm wary of that shit. It reminds me of all the "group projects" I've done at school where I end up doing all the work and then end up sharing the credit with some worthless bitches.

--------------------
peace, pot, and microdot!

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Music, Art, and Media