Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
OfflineLittleDaddy
Male User Gallery

Re: Smoking cannabis ALTERS your DNA 'causing mutations that can trigger serious illness, including canc [Re: NotTheDevil]
    #23274036 - 05/26/16 01:57 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

No, it's not just that. It's also because nobody reads the actual article/knows how to navigate it.

I'm well aware that the government is full of shit when it comes to marijuana, but that doesn't justify discrediting a scientific article without reading it. EVERY article needs to be approached with skepticism, curiosity, And loss of bias. Then one can make a conclusion based on the compilation of literature and the data presented. This study looks at relatively newly discovered types of mutations that haven't been studied with marijuana. Therefore, it warrants looking at it.

Any intelligent, ethical scientist would have not agreed to believe that monkey study before the data came out, let alone before repeat experiments from different sources were made to corroborate it. But does that discredit this article? You know the answer.

PS no reputable source would accept anything other than a peer-reviewed article as possibly legitimate. Dailymail, Washington post, whatever included. You can go there to get the citation, but that's the problem, people cite these articles with pseduosciwntific histeria and the peer review gets buried in the bull shit.

--------------------
The hotter the battle, the sweeter Jah victory.
Put the heathen's back upon the wall.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: Smoking cannabis ALTERS your DNA 'causing mutations that can trigger serious illness, including canc [Re: NotTheDevil]
    #23274057 - 05/26/16 02:04 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

The link to the summary and paywall are in the OP.
http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0027510716300574

I have sometimes wondered how the quality of posts might change, if all major news items were copyrighted, and commentators had to pay in order to participate in the discussion.

But, I didn't pay.

Firstly, there are many complications in tissue culture, which should sound familiar to mushroom cultivators. It has to breathe, eat, be maintained in a stable environment, etc, etc. How do we know whether it was handled correctly. Also, does the testing method, in and of itself, cause damage.

To the best of my understanding, they take images of cells, at different stages of division, as proof that reproduction had been interrupted. It's like using your (still) baby pics as proof that your growth was stunted.

Buried in that study, there may be a perfectly reasonable answer, to all of my questions.

But, it was also unclear, to me, how a reproductive problem can be transmitted, to countless generations, assuming that the parent is sterile, and, actually, only represents a minuscule piece, artificially separated from the entire organism. 

On a side note, the author tells us that his insights are "sophisticated." :heart: And, your logical loop has been closed. :super: Formally speaking, you should not use subjective language in research materials.

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male

Re: Smoking cannabis ALTERS your DNA 'causing mutations that can trigger serious illness, including canc [Re: LittleDaddy]
    #23274358 - 05/26/16 03:49 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LittleDaddy said:
Quote:

So you think we should all just accept this as fact without them showing one single shred of evidence?.

Not at all. I'm saying that people should be skeptical of both sides. If this was a pro marijuana article the comments would accept it
without reading the paper.

Yeah, we should take idiotic sensationalist articles like this seriously, I suppose you also take the time to consider the point of view of stormfront, kkk and westB church publications?

As to the latter point, there are as many anti-marijuana crusaders on this forum as not.

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male

Re: Smoking cannabis ALTERS your DNA 'causing mutations that can trigger serious illness, including canc [Re: LittleDaddy]
    #23274382 - 05/26/16 03:56 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

LittleDaddy said:

IEVERY article needs to be approached with skepticism, curiosity, And loss of bias.

Weak and Fascile argument, you have a position, own up to it.

Quote:

PS no reputable source would accept anything other than a peer-reviewed article as possibly legitimate. Dailymail, Washington post, whatever included.

Patently false, guess what I majored for in college? Journalism. There is no basis in reality to your statement, absolutely none.

OfflineLuSiD enthusiast
Stranger

Re: Smoking cannabis ALTERS your DNA 'causing mutations that can trigger serious illness, including canc [Re: Repertoire89]
    #23277568 - 05/27/16 01:55 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

A guy at work told me weed can give you cancer, because it has tiny amounts of nicotine. (Surprisingly this wasn't the guy who said smoking shrooms makes you trip hard :rofl:)

I didn't even bother to mention that if it did have nicotine, it still wouldn't give cancer since you know... nicotine isn't carcinogenic:rofl:

--------------------
I'm addicted to coke, weed, booze, ludes and speed.
Not LSD, you can't get addicted to LSD, it was built by scientists.

I ain't got no demons that gonna get woke.

In erowid we trust.

Just take your damn pills and don't ask any questions, you'll be fine.

InvisibleKush_Zombie
smug piece of shit
 User Gallery

Re: Smoking cannabis ALTERS your DNA 'causing mutations that can trigger serious illness, including canc [Re: LuSiD enthusiast]
    #23277629 - 05/27/16 02:19 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I told a guy at work earlier today that weed causes cancer because of the small amounts of nicotine in it....Frank? Is that you?

--------------------
How to get started in bulk:
Presto 23-Quart Pressure Cooker
BOD's Simple as FUCK Still Air Box
PastyWhyte's Easy Agar Tek
Munchauzen's Cultivation Video Series
How EvilMushroom666 Prepares His Grains (I use jars with Synthetic Filter Discs)
What is G2G? (Grain-to-Grain)
Damion5050's Coir Tek (I use 5.5 - 6 quarts of water instead of 4. Also ignore step 13 and ignore the monotub completely. The only purpose of this tek is to show you how to make a simple substrate. I also add gypsum to it but not necessary)
Spitball's Monotub Tek (A liner isn't necessary but is useful)
Use 6500k lights throughout the whole process. When you wake up, turn the light on. When you go to sleep turn the light off. It's as simple as that.

OfflineLuSiD enthusiast
Stranger

Re: Smoking cannabis ALTERS your DNA 'causing mutations that can trigger serious illness, including canc [Re: Kush_Zombie]
    #23277790 - 05/27/16 03:06 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Well... this got weird fast

--------------------
I'm addicted to coke, weed, booze, ludes and speed.
Not LSD, you can't get addicted to LSD, it was built by scientists.

I ain't got no demons that gonna get woke.

In erowid we trust.

Just take your damn pills and don't ask any questions, you'll be fine.

OfflineTcm19277
Etheromaniac
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Korova Milk Bar Flag
Re: Smoking cannabis ALTERS your DNA 'causing mutations that can trigger serious illness, including canc [Re: LuSiD enthusiast]
    #23277852 - 05/27/16 03:22 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

It's the daily mail - instant bullshit alert - plus look into anything that much and its going to do some bad things :shrug:

Cannabis damage being passed to unsmoking mothers from some stoners sperm, in utero?!

They really do milk it, they just serve the servants, the dumb population, well, you better rape me and my heart shaped box, before I beleive this bullshit, they must be as crazy as someone with tourettes, and no matter what you say, all apologies aside, this is bollocks!

I did my best I hope someone gets it ! :wink: :grin:

:rockon:

--------------------
I'M NOT DEAD YET!!!

Tcm's Step by Step Guide to Making Poppy Pod Extract 'Opium' & Laudanum, Full With Lots of Pictures!
:pod::snowman::snowman::pod:

“I'll stick to my needle, my favourite waste of time,
both spineless and sublime;
Since I was born, I started to decay.
Now nothing ever - ever goes my way.”

- Brian Molko, of 'Placebo' -

OfflineNear Dylan
Shitpost Artist

Re: Smoking cannabis ALTERS your DNA 'causing mutations that can trigger serious illness, including canc [Re: Tcm19277]
    #23279185 - 05/27/16 10:29 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

A bunch of random Nirvana references :lol:

--------------------

OfflineTcm19277
Etheromaniac
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: Korova Milk Bar Flag
Re: Smoking cannabis ALTERS your DNA 'causing mutations that can trigger serious illness, including canc [Re: Near Dylan]
    #23279445 - 05/28/16 12:02 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Near Dylan said:
A bunch of random Nirvana references :lol:

I tried to fit every track from in utero in there, did my best, other ones wouldn't've made sense

Glad someone apprecciates it!

Or I'd have had to pour gallons of rubbing alcohol down the street :smirk:

:cheers:

--------------------
I'M NOT DEAD YET!!!

Tcm's Step by Step Guide to Making Poppy Pod Extract 'Opium' & Laudanum, Full With Lots of Pictures!
:pod::snowman::snowman::pod:

“I'll stick to my needle, my favourite waste of time,
both spineless and sublime;
Since I was born, I started to decay.
Now nothing ever - ever goes my way.”

- Brian Molko, of 'Placebo' -

OfflineFractal420
Psycellium
Male User Gallery

Re: Smoking cannabis ALTERS your DNA 'causing mutations that can trigger serious illness, including canc [Re: Tcm19277]
    #23283958 - 05/29/16 07:11 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

When i was a kid, i smoked a shroom lol had read about it on erowid. You actually can* smoke 4-ho-dmt it seems. But this was literally just a cap that 14-year-old-me pushed into a bowl and lit it up. The result? Felt kinda like a weed high

--------------------
Dreaming of That face again.
It's bright and blue and shimmering.
Grinning wide
And comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes.

Prying open MY third eye

OfflineNear Dylan
Shitpost Artist

Re: Smoking cannabis ALTERS your DNA 'causing mutations that can trigger serious illness, including canc [Re: Fractal420]
    #23284104 - 05/29/16 08:24 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

ehhh probably placebo

--------------------

OfflineSmawrpg
Urban Shaman
Male User Gallery

Re: Smoking cannabis ALTERS your DNA 'causing mutations that can trigger serious illness, including canc [Re: Near Dylan]
    #23284321 - 05/29/16 09:53 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I'll continue to smoke it. One study in either direction is not going to sway me one way or the other. As soon as I start hearing this pop up more and more, maybe I'll listen, probably not though.

The air we breath today causes cancer, so who really gives a hoot anyway.

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: Smoking cannabis ALTERS your DNA 'causing mutations that can trigger serious illness, including canc [Re: Smawrpg]
    #23284390 - 05/29/16 10:23 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

A couple of more things --
Quote:

(My emphasis)

Chromothripsis and epigenomics complete causality criteria for cannabis- and addiction-connected carcinogenicity, congenital toxicity and heritable genotoxicity

^ They've hidden another assumption, in this long title.

Also, I have been learning about a process called de-differentiation, which is basically a reversal of the stem cells becoming specialized tissues.

There may be a connection between cancers, with unlimited growth, and your body's ability to heal itself.

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: Smoking cannabis ALTERS your DNA 'causing mutations that can trigger serious illness, including canc [Re: durian_2008]
    #23284723 - 05/29/16 12:34 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I injected 3 marywannas once and it mutated my penis. Damn thing is now 28 inches long. Only problem is I can't get it hard no more

:casket:    :splooge:

Offlinechiefin123

Re: Smoking cannabis ALTERS your DNA 'causing mutations that can trigger serious illness, including canc [Re: durian_2008]
    #23288133 - 05/30/16 12:48 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

durian_2008 said:
Smoking cannabis ALTERS your DNA 'causing mutations that can trigger serious illness, including cancer'
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3607444/Smoking-cannabis-ALTERS-DNA-causing-mutations-trigger-illness-including-cancer.html
By LIZZIE PARRY FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
PUBLISHED: 15:07 EST, 24 May 2016 | UPDATED: 16:44 EST, 24 May 2016

Smoking cannabis can alter a person's DNA, causing mutations that expose a user to serious illnesses, experts have warned.

Furthermore, the heightened risk is not exclusive to the marijuana user, a study has shown.

The disease-causing mutations are passed on to their children, and several future generations, it has emerged.

Though the link between cannabis and severe illnesses, such as cancer, has previously been documented, how this occurs and the implications for future generations was not well understood.

Smoking cannabis can alter a person's DNA, causing mutations that expose a user to serious illnesses, experts have warned. The disease-causing mutations are passed on to their children, and several future generations, they said

Dr Stuart Reece, and Professor Gary Hulse from the University of Western Australia's School of Psychiatry, analyzed literary and research material to understand the likely causes.

Dr Reece said: 'Through our research we found that cancers and illnesses were likely caused by cell mutations resulting from cannabis properties having a chemical interaction with a person's DNA.

Smoking cannabis can lead to cannabis psychosis

'With cannabis use increasing globally in recent years, this has a concerning impact for the population.'

While a person may appear healthy and lead a normal life, the unseen damage to their DNA could also be passed on to their children, and cause illness for several generations to come.

'Even if a mother has never used cannabis in her life, the mutations passed on by a father's sperm can cause serious and fatal illnesses in their children,' Dr Reece said.

'The parents may not realise that they are carrying these mutations, which can lie dormant and may only affect generations down the track, which is the most alarming aspect.'

Dr Stuart Reece said: 'Through our research we found that cancers and illnesses were likely caused by cell mutations resulting from cannabis properties having a chemical interaction with a person's DNA'

Dr Stuart Reece said: 'Through our research we found that cancers and illnesses were likely caused by cell mutations resulting from cannabis properties having a chemical interaction with a person's DNA'

Dr Reece said that when the chemicals in cannabis altered a user's DNA structure it could lead to slow cell growth and have serious implications for the fetal development of babies, potentially causing limbs or vital organs not to develop properly or cause cancers.

He said: 'The worst cancers are reported in the first few years of life in children exposed in utero to cannabis effects.'

Dr Reece said the finding was of major importance due to the fact cannabis use is increasing in many nations around the world, as many countries begin to legalize its use.

'Some people may say that previous data collected doesn't show there are serious effects from using cannabis, but many authorities acknowledge that there is now a much larger consumption of cannabis use compared to previous years,' he added.

The study carries implications for researchers, medical health professionals and governments in regulating drug use and protecting those who are most vulnerable.

The research has been published in the journal Mutation Research – Fundamental and Molecular Mechanisms of Mutagenesis.

http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0027510716300574

Sounds like a bunch of crap cooked up by the MPs.

--------------------
Madly I Do.

Invisibleledgrower
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Smoking cannabis ALTERS your DNA 'causing mutations that can trigger serious illness, including canc [Re: chiefin123]
    #23288140 - 05/30/16 12:51 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I've also been told it causes delusion to cover the second coming but hey they know what they are talking about not me so they can get they fuckin heads cutoff for fuckin truth like they deserve it to be done to them degenerate pieces of fuckin trash.

Imagine the dynamism of the mahdi a true fuckin leader in every sense of the word.

--------------------
If you are interested in 600 watt leds with 10watts per bulb $115 shipped pm me. 2x for $220.

Brand new from factory; mostly red/flowering spectrum lights.

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male

Re: Smoking cannabis ALTERS your DNA 'causing mutations that can trigger serious illness, including canc [Re: ledgrower]
    #23288545 - 05/30/16 02:59 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ledgrower said:
I've also been told it causes delusion to cover the second coming but hey they know what they are talking about not me so they can get they fuckin heads cutoff for fuckin truth like they deserve it to be done to them degenerate pieces of fuckin trash.

Imagine the dynamism of the mahdi a true fuckin leader in every sense of the word.

You've been told? Why not think for yourself like a grown man.

Do you need a leader? Someone to tell you what to think and do?

I think you do :lol:

Invisibleledgrower
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Smoking cannabis ALTERS your DNA 'causing mutations that can trigger serious illness, including canc [Re: Repertoire89]
    #23288608 - 05/30/16 03:13 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

You're one of these fuckin jokes like wiz khalifa hiding behind fake accounts and gangstalking with hima d antichrist the reason we have to cut america down

--------------------
If you are interested in 600 watt leds with 10watts per bulb $115 shipped pm me. 2x for $220.

Brand new from factory; mostly red/flowering spectrum lights.

InvisibleRepertoire89
Cat
Male

Re: Smoking cannabis ALTERS your DNA 'causing mutations that can trigger serious illness, including canc [Re: ledgrower]
    #23288655 - 05/30/16 03:22 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

ledgrower said:
You're one of these fuckin jokes like wiz khalifa hiding behind fake accounts and gangstalking with hima d antichrist the reason we have to cut america down

My account is not fake, and I have better things to do than stalk someone.

Learn to take an insult like a man.

The West is not going anywhere, other civilizations might,

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag