Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineFlusH
Random person on Internet
 User Gallery

Loc: Bizzaro World
Why do dreams get so personal?
    #2326935 - 02/12/04 03:08 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

This morning I was going lucid in bed, but instead of having control of my dream it turned into pure chaos. This dream really struck me on a strong negative emotional level, I will describe it to the best of my ability so you as the reader can understand a bit of what happened.

In bed, I was going lucid but I did not have any control of myself. The dream took place in my bedroom, my wife and I were sitting next to my bed at night and large rock like things were hammering the earth so hard it was like a violent earth quake which prevented both my wife and I from moving. The feeling of terror and horror was there, and I could hear screaming from outside my townhouse. I tried to reach out to Trish but the earth was shaking too much to do anything. We were both scared for our lives. Then I woke up crying in fear. For the next hour I could not even enter my bedroom because it felt like there was a presence in there that would bring this fear back.

Even thinking of this dream an hour later would make me cry out of fear. This is the strangest dream incidence I have ever had in my life.

I realize that I am the only person who will be able to decipher this to what it mean's to me, and what I feel it means is that I might loose my relationship with my wife if we both do not get over our own personal stress loops which prevent us from enjoying our lives together.

The thing bugging me though, is why in waking life did I get so emotionally swayed by even thinking of this dream? The fear I talk about is not of loosing trish, but of loosing my life to nothingness. and why did this fear linger with me for so long?

I am not looking for anybody to have a answer for me, but it has helped me put this dream to rest by telling the story. If anybody has any insights, I would love to hear them.

--------------------

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
Re: Why do dreams get so personal? [Re: FlusH]
    #2327050 - 02/12/04 03:37 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

"Why do dreams get so personal?"

Because often, nothing knows you and what you need better than your own brain

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Why do dreams get so personal? [Re: FlusH]
    #2327501 - 02/12/04 05:23 PM (13 years, 2 months ago)

Wow... totally insane. The closest thing I've experienced to that was when fire started raining down from the sky. It quickly got way too insane and there was no hope of survival... people were getting destroyed left and right. But people gathered somewhere and it at least stopped raining fire... the dream took another direction, although it was still very surreal....

But what you describe, damn! I've never had something that intense before. :shocked:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang: