Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | Next >
Anonymous #13

Re: Opiate addicts support group (moved) [Re: mndfreeze]
    #27113625 - 12/29/20 07:10 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

mndfreeze said:
No matter what yer gunna feel shitty, even with subs when you go to quit the subs you will feet shitty.  The taper and subs is only to get you past the insane muscle spasms, puking, restless legs, cold sweats kinda stuff.  Once you go completely off you're going to have a few days to a week of lethargy, depression, anxiety, etc.  Your body needs time to balance back out again.

Yeah I made the mistake of going from 8 oxy's in a day to subs 40 hours later, thinking they would offer some relief from the 'insane muscle spasms, puking, restless legs, cold sweats kinda stuff'. Then they didn't. I guess that was a dumb move on my part.

I'll taper as fast as I can over the coming week, because this shit is really getting old now, and my previous three attempts at quitting have been some of the most horrific experiences of my life. Each time it has been a case of going from no less then five oxy's a day to 0 though. Definitely learned my lesson about how bad that can feel!!

What kind of pretty penny are we talking here when it comes to a place that will 'pretty much put you under for a few days to get  you past the worth of the withdrawal'?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous #13

Re: Opiate addicts support group (moved) [Re: Anonymous #13]
    #27113631 - 12/29/20 07:15 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Also, thanks for that PDF. That makes things much clearer.

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
    #27113639 - 12/29/20 07:21 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

This is of course a 'sales' video for a place, but the general idea is there.  There are still places that do the ultra accelerated methods.  They generally costs many thousands to tens of thousands depending on where you are at. 

Google for rapid detox or accelerated detox.

https://vertavahealth.com/blog/rapid-detox-ultra-rapid-detox/#what-is-rapid-detox

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA Flag
    #27128075 - 01/05/21 11:59 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I'm late to this conversation. With suboxone. You must wait 24 hrs minimum after taking opiates like heroin, oxycodone, morphine,  etc. or the suboxone will put you into full withdrawal because suboxone is a combination antagonist. Take the lowest possible dose to treat withdrawal and only use it for the most severe symptoms because it to causes physical dependence and withdrawal and it's just as bad as any other opiate withdrawal,  but with limited use it can be used to get through the worst of withdrawal, but staying clean will always be the challenge.  My advice is my own and is in no way affiliated with shroomery,  it's based solely on personal experience.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Anonymous #13

Re: Opiate addicts support group (moved) [Re: Doc9151]
    #27128376 - 01/05/21 02:05 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Doc9151 said:
With suboxone. You must wait 24 hrs minimum after taking opiates like heroin, oxycodone, morphine,  etc. or the suboxone will put you into full withdrawal because suboxone is a combination antagonist.

Are you sure about this? I only ask because on my last attempt I waited 40 hours and the subs had 0 effect on my symptoms, which were already horrific by that point.

According to the PDF that mindfreeze attached earlier:

https://www.careinnovations.org/wp-content/uploads/How-to-Start-Buprenorphine-naloxone-at-Home-Suboxone-Induction.pdf

It says:

Don’t use for 8-18 hours better
Some Withdrawal
Lost appetite, restless, achy
but before diarrhea

Before starting the subs. That's for SHORT-Acting Opioids (heroin, oxycodone, hydrocodone, morphine etc), according to the document. So the next time around my plan is to only wait for the start of WD's, rather than waiting for them to get into full blown effect like I did before.

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: Opiate addicts support group (moved) [Re: Anonymous #13] * 1
    #27128631 - 01/05/21 04:05 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, I'm talking about after taking short acting opiates,, I wouldn't wait 40hrs, that's to long, if you are 12hrs clean and withdrawal has set in full blown (vomiting, shits, anxiety) I would go ahead and dose with suboxone. I was in the clinical trials when buprinophrine was first being tested for controlling withdrawal and as a substitute for methadone. Back in early 2000, I tried it twice and it helped both time's but it didn't stop cravings. I know people who have used it to get off opiates and to hold them over til the next fix come in. The people who were most successful were serious about getting clean and only used it when their symptoms were unbearable. I feel if you take so much that all your withdrawal symptoms are gone your not making progress, your just using a different opiate. I've never had an easy withdrawal with any method but suboxone did make it easier. The only problem with it is that if you become physically dependent on the Buprinorphrine which is one of the ingredients in suboxone, then the withdrawal period will last much much longer just like methadone. The last time I kicked Methadone, I couldn't sleep more than 2 hrs a night for 6 months. I'll take a 10-14 day short acting opiate detox over 6 months any day.

--------------------

Psilocybe cubensis data collection thread. please help with this project if you hunt wild cubensis.
https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=26513593&page=0&vc=1#26513593

Anonymous #13

#27128710 - 01/05/21 04:42 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Thanks Doc, that helps a lot. I'm absolutely serious about this and cravings I can handle; it's just the godawful sickness and feeling anxiety from hell I need some help dealing with. Hopefully if I set in with the subs right as it starts this time I'll feel it actually helping me.

Edited by Anonymous (01/06/21 02:15 AM)

Anonymous #14

#27165693 - 01/23/21 03:46 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Help, I have never tried opiates but I got a source for pure opium and I keep feeling the urge to try it. I'm not a downer person -and so the rationalization begins before I've even started- and so think I could get away with. But I gotta write it out of me. I just feel lonely and bored. And am constantly thinking about taking drugs. I'm more addicted to thinking about it then to drugs themselves, that doesn't make sense, I know. I think about amp or coke a lot. I'm taking a long break from psychedelics, like 10 years but still think about doing them as well. And I think about MD. Basically I'm obsessed even though I use sporadic.

I can't enjoi weed anymore after psychosis. And opiates have the lowest potential for psychosis, that's how they came on my radar and I started to fantasize about it. Reading DeQuincy, Burroughs, etc. I know if I already have this obsession with regular drugs, once I've tried opium it's always going to be there waiting for me..

I just need to get my life together right now

Edited by Anonymous (01/23/21 03:49 PM)

OnlinetheRealrollforever
I DID-DENT
 User Gallery

Loc: Bada-Bing!
Re: Opiate addicts support group (moved) [Re: Anonymous #14]
    #27165727 - 01/23/21 04:12 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Just do something.  If you aren't in withdrawal go work out.  Life is not supposed to  be about feeling bliss 24/7.  You don't need to enjoy weed.  Just don't smoke it.  Or enjoy the medicinal effects it gives you.  How old are you?  You strike me as 18-21

--------------------

sunshine said:
The order has to be secret and no one is sure.

Anonymous #14

Re: Opiate addicts support group (moved) [Re: theRealrollforever]
    #27165802 - 01/23/21 04:51 PM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

theRealrollforever said:
Just do something.  If you aren't in withdrawal go work out.  Life is not supposed to  be about feeling bliss 24/7.  You don't need to enjoy weed.  Just don't smoke it.  Or enjoy the medicinal effects it gives you.  How old are you?  You strike me as 18-21

I'm 25. And the post does indeed look like it's written by a kid. It's not the obsession of just starting it's the obsession of doing a lot, going through psychotic hell twice, having to quit for your own sake but then your mind keeps going there. Psychological addiction. I Don't know what exactly I was going to get out of typing the post. Except for trying to type my way out of doing opiates, and it worked, for now...

But I'm on the computer to much I guess... Thanks for your reply anyway mate, I need to give myself a kick in the arse and go excercise more.

Anonymous #13

Re: Opiate addicts support group (moved) [Re: Anonymous #14] * 1
    #27166487 - 01/24/21 01:16 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

Absolutely, do not fuck with opiates. It's a guaranteed losing battle, and almost no one - and certainly not someone with your kind of mindset - can use them responsibly.

OnlinetheRealrollforever
I DID-DENT
 User Gallery

Loc: Bada-Bing!
    #27166753 - 01/24/21 07:10 AM (3 years, 2 months ago)

I have found that exercise makes me much much happier.  And that isnt even including the resulting perspective changes, and the accomplishments that come along with sticking to a goal and seeing observable results.  I'm talking about the innate feel good boost that happens within a couple days of eating right and working out.  Those endorphins and feel good pathways start to come  back.

--------------------

sunshine said:
The order has to be secret and no one is sure.

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Re: Opiate addicts support group (moved) [Re: Anonymous #14]
    #27181891 - 02/01/21 10:11 PM (3 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Anonymous #14 said:
Help, I have never tried opiates but I got a source for pure opium and I keep feeling the urge to try it. I'm not a downer person -and so the rationalization begins before I've even started- and so think I could get away with. But I gotta write it out of me. I just feel lonely and bored. And am constantly thinking about taking drugs. I'm more addicted to thinking about it then to drugs themselves, that doesn't make sense, I know. I think about amp or coke a lot. I'm taking a long break from psychedelics, like 10 years but still think about doing them as well. And I think about MD. Basically I'm obsessed even though I use sporadic.

I can't enjoi weed anymore after psychosis. And opiates have the lowest potential for psychosis, that's how they came on my radar and I started to fantasize about it. Reading DeQuincy, Burroughs, etc. I know if I already have this obsession with regular drugs, once I've tried opium it's always going to be there waiting for me..

I just need to get my life together right now

You need a hobby and not one that includes any kind of dope. I don't know if you have genuine concerns or if you think that you're being funny, but this isn't a laughing matter!!! Opiate addiction is deadly,  no one in their right mind would want to experience any form of addiction and you seem to already have a pretty good insight into your personality.  You have the answers you seek. If! you are truly looking for them.  Not many people that experiment with Opiates live long enough to get completely clean once hooked.

Let me ask you something,  why do you want to mess with something that you know will ruin your life? Do you think all the stories about people losing everything they care about or even their lives is a myth? Do you think it leads anywhere good?

--------------------

Anonymous #13

#27261506 - 03/20/21 08:13 AM (3 years, 9 days ago)

So I just wanted to thank everyone in this thread that contributed to helping me kick that ugly fucking habit. I finally did it. Been clean for a week and a half now. Very little desire to use again; I just lost so fucking much in the 7/8 months I found myself addicted to opiates (mostly Oxy) that I know I don't wanna go back to that state of being.

It just saps the enjoyment from everything in your life apart from the drug, eventually. Music, friends, coffee, a beer, a drive, a walk.. amazing to me that it can have that effect. It's my second brush with opiate addiction in my life, but more than twice as bad as the first, and I DEFINITELY DO NOT wanna know what it gets like further down that fucking rabbit hole.

I can really see why so many of us get caught in the trap though. In a world like this... it's an antidote. Not the right one, that's for sure, but one nonetheless.

Now I look forward to building myself back up again; back up to my life in the gym, eating right, meditating, getting things done, FEELING my emotions, rather than just existing in that weird state of numbness where nothing is really bad but nothing is really great either.

In other words, I guess I'm trying to say I'm looking forward to living again, rather than operating like some mindless drugged up automaton.

Sending love to all of you.

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

#27265030 - 03/22/21 08:02 PM (3 years, 6 days ago)

@Anonymous #13, I want you to seriously listen to what I am about to say to you,  take it to heart or whatever,  just heed my warning.

I'm no spring chicken and have seen many people that I loved fall to this disease. Many of them died after having a short time clean and then deciding they could do it one more time.

What they knew, but severely under estimated, was just how much their tolerance had changed and they ended up a statistic. Some of these people had been using dope for 30-40 yrs, thought they could handle their shit and they got their asses handed to them.

You have made it a week and half, that is great (I couldn't make it that long on my own), withdrawal is what kept me using.  But, I can't tell you how many times I would make it  through that living hell only to repeat the insanity. Each time I experienced withdrawal it grew in intensity,  but I was always able to convince myself that I could do better this time, but we know that was a lie we tell ourselves.

I truly wish you all the best and hope that you can walk away for good. I'm personally terrified of needing surgery or something and needing to take opiates for pain. My body seems to have a long memory of my opiate love affair and will make me pay dearly each time I take anything now,  even if it's only for a few days, I will suffer full blown withdrawal as if I never stopped using. The biggest fear I have is pushing the limits chasing that high again, crossing the line for the last time, is it reallyworth that risk? Take care my friend,  do whatever you have to stay away, because you will never control it. The big book is absolutely right when it says that one is to many and a thousand is never enough!!!.

--------------------

InvisibleAsante
Omnicyclion prophet
Male User Gallery

#27385616 - 07/13/21 09:19 AM (2 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Niffla said:
I used to drink daily. For years. Every single day I'd at least drink a 6 pack. Minimum. A lot of days I'd drink more than that. I went through many years where the days I went completely without a drink, for the entire year, was maybe a total of 2 or 3 weeks. These days occurred when I had absolutely no choice but to stay sober for whatever reason. Other than that, at some point that day I was having a drink.

In the last few years I have cut back dramatically. In 2019 I more or less cut that in half, in 2020 I got it down to drinking around 6 days a month, and now in 2021 I've gotten it down to 3 to 4 drinking days a month. So yeah, I haven't completely gone sober by any means, but it's night & day from what life used to be for me. Instead of daily it's maybe once a week, sometimes just once every couple of weeks. 

But man, still, not a day goes by that I don't think about it. Everyday at some point the thought enters my head: "man it would be nice to go have some drinks right now". Now that urge is very rarely if ever strong enough for me to actually act on it, but still the thought doesn't ever go away. And like a true addict I am always looking forward to that next drinking session. Even if that session is a half month away.

Can anybody else relate? Doesn't have to be necessarily alcohol.

:hugitout:

Niffla: I offer you a mindhack to get out of this. This actually works.

What you are suffering is that you fail to close an .exe in your wetware that keeps spamming you.

You can fix this easy as 1,2,3.

1) Think HARD and identify as many as possible VERY GOOD REASONS not to drink, then sift through these to find what yunites them, so you can strike more and more off that list as you consolidate them into more powerful reasons.

2) formulate 5 or 10 short slogans that in a positive way affirm these most important reasons. Dont say whats bad if you keep drinking, say what gets better and better if you don't drink. You are not lying to yourself and you know it. Shit improves for years to come as the damage undoes itself.

3) every single time you get even the slightest thought about drinking, state out loud your Top 5 or Top 10 reasons why staying quit gets way better and better.

Thats all, spam yourself like coca cola and mc donalds spam you, by repeating slogans over and over.

But these are HEALING slogans.

Now you give your brain a problem. It gets spammed shut every time it suggests a relapse even in the slightest. You march those slogans that are so meaningful to you in like its blitzkrieg. It systematically strips your brain's suggestion of all weapons and rank.

Your brain is not stupid:  keep this up and keep strengthening your convictions, and your balance will tip and your brain's default will be to rather smash a bottle on the floor than to drink one drop.

See how low the tier, the investment is? Just those three things.

So, form your platoon of the best possible reasons to do whats right and march them in at the slightest queef of an implied relapse. And again. And again.

It will stop.

Thats how your biocomputer works and this is one way to program it.

Get your soldiers in the game!

THOUSANDS OF TIMES IF YOU HAVE TO :warcry:

You won't have to.

Your brain is your friend and he's a quick learner :nicekitty:

--------------------
Omnicyclion.org
higher knowledge starts here

OfflinemndfreezeMDiscordReddit
Shroomery Secret Service
Other User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: PuppetMasterFlash
Re: Opiate addicts support group (moved) [Re: Asante]
    #27486260 - 09/29/21 11:17 AM (2 years, 5 months ago)

How's everyone doing?  Y'all are loved.  Love yerself and stay clean!

--------------------
Nothing says love like grannies prolapsed anus!

quote]Urb said:
I know... Its fucked up... Ill fix it minyana..[/quote]

OfflineTNK
Pleasures of Africa
I'm a teapot Unread Journal User Gallery

Loc: I AM THUNDERBOT
    #27665213 - 02/19/22 01:49 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Just bumping/posting so I get the thread to pop up in my unread-thread list.

Hope all are doing well, today is the 30th full day off of opioids for the first time in nearly 8 years; been using for almost 15 years now; this is the longest period I've had clean and sober while not being in jail/rehab or on probation; it's a trip. My brain feels like it's on fire and I can't control my emotions or thoughts-

Thankfully I feel like maybe I have finally become desperate enough to kick this shit once and for good- I used meth on day 2 of being off of heroin thinking it would make me feel better; it didn't. I just want to feel 'normal' but I know I likely will never feel 'normal' again.

I used Heroin and other downers to medicate myself and keep my mania from getting out of hand, then used stims to make myself productive when I had sedated myself too much to get shit done, a vicious cycle for sure. I've finally reached out and am seeking mental health help; I have an absolute fear of being committed again.

It terrifies me, to think of being held against my will- I know it's a true possibility if I let my paranoia and mania get the better of me; however the only thing that scares me more than being forced back into a mental health hospital(permanently) is the thought of dying- and I know the next time I go back out to use I wont make it back; I feel it in my bones, heart and soul. This is my last chance to try and live the life I want. Wish me luck and I shall wish you all the same!

--------------------
Edited by TNK (02/22/22 22:22 PM)

OfflineRJ Tubs 202
Male

Loc: USA Flag
Re: Opiate addicts support group (moved) [Re: TNK]
    #27665513 - 02/19/22 06:22 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

TNK said:

My brain feels like it's on fire and I can't control my emotions or thoughts

Chronic drug & alcohol abusers often have an obsessive craving for control.

And an intense fear of experiencing a wide range of human emotions.

OfflineDoc9151M
Mycologist
Male User Gallery

Loc: Gulf Coast USA
Re: Opiate addicts support group (moved) [Re: TNK]
    #27665516 - 02/19/22 06:24 PM (2 years, 1 month ago)

I'm pulling for ya! I'm working a program myself, I have chronic pain issues and that combined with withdrawal has always kept me using. 

I have to say that this time I'm not quitting because I want to, but because I am sick and tired of being sick and tired from doctors playing fucking games with my health. It's sad when you can go to the methadone clinic and get all you want but if you're really sick they jerk you around, take your money and leave you hanging. Love my weed card, it's been a lifesaver at times, but some days nothing helps, no matter how much I take and I'm on a fixed income and  can't stay on the clinic for $500 a month, thats a rent payment for some.

It has gotten to the point that I have stopped ALL medications, because I just don't give a fuck anymore. Every time it's time to see the doctor or god for bid go to the ER, I'm treated like a criminal instead of a patient and I'm just done with it, because no one person that can do anything about it, will stand up for people like myself. As a matter of fact, they say that helping people in chronic pain today that can only be prescribed opiates, aren't worth risking their licenses over. I get that the DEA has their hands tied, but there's no excuse for treating people like this.

My experience with withdrawal from opiates due to chronic pain issues is exactly why I can relate to the recreational users battle to get free. Add a medical condition to withdrawal and you have a recipe for disaster, it will make you suicidal.

I'm also tired of being afraid of the blood thinners, they scare me way more than a blood clot, which I've had several.  I just want to live what time I have left on my terms and not being controlled by drugs.

LSD and Mushrooms with cannabis, that's all I need, to Hell with the drugs that cause physical dependency!

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to rant, but do want to sincerely wish you all the best and say I feel you and anyone else who travels this path, because it's full of quagmires.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | Next >

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale