Home | Community | Message Board

Edabea
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTeknion
Interloper

Cleaning A Casing After Harvest
    #2326595 - 02/12/04 01:46 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

So a friend of a friend has just finished harvesting his first flush from his first casing. He's happy to say that the flush far surpassed his expectations.

But after he picked the casing clean, he started removing aborts. The more he removed, the more pins/aborts he kept seeing.

Now he removed as many as he could, but he's got a thin casing (1 1/2 inch total thickness), so he didn't want to hack his casing to death.

First of all he's not sure if all of them were aborts, but he picked all the ones with the darkest heads. Or at least the ones he could see easily

So he'll see if his casing sprouts again, in either case, he's happy with his current return, so even if it fails he'll be a happy guy.

What he'd like to know is what method you guys use to tidy up casings after a flush. I mean he was at it for over an hour yesterday and the end seemed nowhere near.... And his casing really isn't that big...

--------------------
"A drug person can deal with things like seeing they're dead grandmother crawling up they're leg with a knife in her teeth but no one should be asked to handle this trip"

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Offlinealienated
contaminationgrower

Loc: kali-forn-I-A
Re: Cleaning A Casing After Harvest [Re: Teknion]
    #2326676 - 02/12/04 02:09 PM (13 years, 3 months ago)

i stuck mine upside down in it's container (it was still moist) and it pinned on the bottom! :-P so i just flipped it back upright and now i have a second flush.

randomly odd if you ask me :smile:

--------------------
-m.

I dont even grow these things... I just post for this guy that knows a guy, who's sisters boyfriend dumped about 2 months ago.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Jump to top. Pages: 1

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation