Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Political Discussion

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

Presidents Military Record
    #2326246 - 02/12/04 12:08 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

As we all know there are a few questions about "missing days", easy duty during the Viet Nam war, etc. Well thats no problem because luckily enough we have a new war where he can prove himself in and make up for those missing days. Suit him up and let him do a few missions over Iraq. Thats fair is'nt it? :thumbup:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
Re: Presidents Military Record [Re: mabus]
    #2326261 - 02/12/04 12:15 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

You'd have to fish him out of that mile deep hole in Nebraska he tends to run to. That's where the peice of shit ended up on Sep 11.

Wolfowitz must be the second most gutless - this war-mongering scumbag hears a loud bang in his hotel and goes down to the press conference still looking petrified. Anyone take bets he hadn't pissed and shit himself when he heard the bang?  :lol:

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

Re: Presidents Military Record [Re: Xlea321]
    #2326284 - 02/12/04 12:24 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

And lets not bring in the plastic turkey thing he pulled on the hungry GI's. He will be flying in a "real" plane, not some southpark comic plane.
Alex, do you honestly think we could fish him out of that hole? What could we use as bait?

InvisibleXlea321
Stranger
    #2326300 - 02/12/04 12:30 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Nah, you'd never fish him out.

Maybe if you told him a lone arab grandmother had been seen 300 miles away "looking suspicious" he'd come out and run for another hole. That's your best chance of catching the cowardly bastard :laugh:

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

Re: Presidents Military Record [Re: Xlea321]
    #2326347 - 02/12/04 12:42 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I remember he once said something like "smoke'em out of their holes" Smoke must be what they are using to find bin laden, so we know that won't work.
We need to think of something that works. Like some award....How about fixing the Nobel Peace prize so he wins? He'll come out to get that for sure.

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #2326471 - 02/12/04 01:13 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

left-wing hate-mongering idiocy at its finest...

take it to pm, ladies.

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

Re: Presidents Military Record [Re: afoaf]
    #2326515 - 02/12/04 01:22 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Left-wing? I'm a republican. But your right, this is a pm topic.

--------------------

http://www.sacredshrooms.org

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

#2326810 - 02/12/04 02:42 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

this is an interesting article:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/ALLPOLITICS/02/12/elec04.prez.bush.military/index.html

WASHINGTON (CNN) -- The White House has released President Bush's military dental records from the Air Reserve Personnel Center in Denver, Colorado, claiming the document proves that the president was at the base where he was to carry out his service in the Air National Guard.

Bush's dental record -- released Wednesday night -- says Bush received an exam at the Dannelly Air National Guard Base in Alabama on January 6, 1973.

"As has previously been documented and reported, the president was performing equivalent duty with the 187th Tactical Recon Group in a non-flying status," the White House said in a statement.

Questions have surfaced over whether Bush performed his duties during a period from May 1972 to May 1973 when he was transferred from his Air National Guard training in Texas to Alabama so he could work on a Senate political campaign.

Questions have lingered since the 2000 presidential campaign, when the Boston Globe uncovered a May 1973 evaluation by Bush's commander stating that the then-first lieutenant had not been seen during the previous year.

The report stated Bush had been performing "equivalent training" at a Guard unit in Montgomery, Alabama. But the man who was that unit's commander at the time has said he does not recall Bush reporting for duty.

White House Press Secretary Scott McClellan said of the dental record: "This again shows he was there, he served in Alabama. He was honorably discharged."

McClellan said the White House received Bush's dental and medical records from 1968-1973 from the Denver facility. The medical records were not released.

Accompanying the records was a statement from the president's current physician, Dr. Richard J. Tubb, who said the records show that Bush was fit to serve. He said he agreed with the "examining doctors and dentists that the president was fit for entry into officer training school, fit for undergraduate pilot training and fit for continued flying duties through his last annual flight physical, which expired on July 6, 1972. The records reflect no disqualifying medical information."

The Democratic National Committee expressed doubt that the additional records meant much of anything. One DNC official said: "There's still more questions than answers. It's around his service. There is no record of it. There are discrepancies from the documents that don't explain why his superior officers didn't see him in Alabama. None of his commanding officers said he hadn't received dental care, but that they hadn't seen him report for duty."

The DNC official added, "It is unusual that the records both before and after Alabama are incredibly detailed. But during this period they are spotty at best."

In a White House briefing Wednesday, McClellan repeated his claim that critics were just "trolling for trash for political gain," and were engaged in "gutter politics."

On Tuesday, the White House released payroll records which it said demonstrate that Bush fulfilled his obligations to the Texas Air National Guard in the early 1970s.

But under questioning from reporters, McClellan acknowledged the records do not specifically show that Bush reported for Air National Guard duty in Alabama, where he was working on the Senate campaign. And he said the White House has been unable to locate anyone who remembers serving with Bush during that period.

The issue gained the spotlight recently when filmmaker Michael Moore referred to Bush as a "deserter" during a campaign rally for retired Gen. Wesley Clark, who announced he was dropping out of the Democratic race for the presidential nomination on Wednesday.

Bush graduated from Yale University in 1968 -- at the height of the Vietnam War -- and later joined the Texas Air National Guard.

Bush left the service in October 1973 to attend Harvard Business School, and was honorably discharged.

The White House also released previously seen records of Bush's "point summaries" from the Texas Air National Guard. And White House officials released a letter from former Texas Air National Guard Personnel Director Albert Lloyd, stating the president had the required number of "points" for the year in question.

The records indicate Bush received points toward service in October and November 1972 and in January, April and May 1973, and that he drilled extensively in June and July of that year.

McClellan said the payroll records were recently discovered at the Air Reserve Personnel Center. He said Bush authorized the release of these records, as he first promised in a Sunday interview on NBC.

"We were not aware that this information existed, during the campaign, on the payroll records," said McClellan, who said the personnel center sent the information voluntarily.

With the release of these records, the president's advisers are hoping to stop the issue from gaining steam and potentially shade what Bush advisers see as a major asset this election year -- his stewardship as commander in chief.

"I think there are some that we are now seeing are not interested in the facts," McClellan said. "What they are interested in is trying to twist the facts for partisan political advantage in an election year, and that's unfortunate."

===================================================

First and foremost, I think it's funny that McClellan and his puppetmaster
Karl Rove are accusing anybody of gutter politics.

I think questing the service record of a president where no decent facts
seem to exist is slightly less like gutter politics than outing CIA agents.

I also find it humorous that these guys wave pay stubs and shoddy
medical records around like a silver bullet.

isn't there ONE SINGLE other guardsman out there that can attest that
he served with Bush in Alabama?

isn't there ONE SINGLE document indicating that Bush was present for
training or exercises?

further, I find it odd that no one really looks into HOW Bush managed
to get this cushy duty in the first place...why wasn't he in Viet Nam?

I'm glad the press finally picked this up, I just hope they keep on
it and don't back down in the face of these lame rebuttals by the
white house.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2327477 - 02/12/04 05:16 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Bush says he's proud of his military record.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Loose Enz - The Black Door

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Re: Presidents Military Record [Re: Learyfan]
    #2327499 - 02/12/04 05:23 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

what is there to be proud of?

skated out of vietnam thanks to political
favor from father.

ditched pilot training when they started
mandatory drug testing.

got transferred to alabama to work on a
political campaign and was never heard from
on base again...I guess, except for teeth
cleaning and pay day.

I never understood why servicemen like him
until last week...

I was riding a chairlift up with a couple of guys
who are part of the new expeditionary groups
that they are deploying...they got a little leave
before they shipped out, one of them made a
comment that really added up to me:

"Bush means job security for us"

Bring em on!

--------------------

Invisiblemabus
anguish this!

#2327813 - 02/12/04 06:59 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Thought you might like this. :lol:

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

#2327973 - 02/12/04 08:07 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

I'm suing.

--------------------

OfflineLearyfan
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #2328885 - 02/13/04 01:14 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

what is there to be proud of?

What do you mean 'what is there to be proud of'? Look at the cool picture he got taken of him. You liberals are all the same. You don't know a good picture when you see it.

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month: The Loose Enz - The Black Door

OfflineEchoVortex
(hard) member
    #2329015 - 02/13/04 01:43 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Actually, the dental record makes things even worse.

He didn't show up for duty but then actually had the nerve to come in for a free dental exam at taxpayer expense.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Political Discussion