Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PureVPN PureVPN   NordVPN NordVPN   Amazon Air Pump, Air Stone, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinerootkey
Canada Rules
Excellent Humidification Idea!
    #2325790 - 02/12/04 04:37 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

I heard these contraptions are incredible, just wondering who has experience with them, I am grabbing a few in a couple days to test em out.

Its called the Tropic-Aire Humidifier/Air Exchanger.  Its made for reptiles to create a fine mist for Humidity and to Pump air into the Tank.  PERFECT!

Heres the Low Down:

Designed to create a healthier environment for reptiles and amphibians from tropical and subtropical regions.  This unique device constantly supplies your terrarium with fresh, humid air.  Eliminates the need for hand spraying, except when needed for dew licking animals.  We have successfully used a similar device for several years with our hermit crabs.  For use with up to a 55 gallon tank.  Unit sits external to the terrarium, so it can be easily hidden from view.  Only the thin output tube sits inside the tank.  To use, you simply fill the humidifier tank with water to the fill line.  The sponge inside the tank will become moist and saturate the air above the water.  This fresh, humid air is then pumped off into your terrarium.  (Click on the image on the right to see a larger view.)

Uses a standard aquarium air pump, which must be purchased separately.  When choosing an air pump, choose a model that produces enough air for an aquarium that is the same size as your terrarium so that the air in the terrarium is exchanged once every hour.  .  (In other words, choose a bigger pump for bigger tanks.)  Each unit stands approximately 12" tall with a 4" x 4" footprint.  Includes the humidifier tank and cover, (2) suction cups, output nozzle with 4 air outlets, humidifying sponge, air diffuser, and air supply tube.

I work alot with aquatics so if you are using one of these I definetly recommend picking up a Check Valve to stop water from leaking into your air pump and shorting out your house :smile:  Also a good idea would be a Filter Box for your Air Pump to make sure its not pumping in Contams.

Let me know if any of you have used this before- I hear nothing but good things and don't see any downsides to this product other than the noise of the pump.

If you want one check out PetSmart they have them for $19.99.  (Just goto SEARCH in the top right corner and type "Tropic Aire")

Or Hit PetDiscounters.com

Thanks, Lemme know what you guys think.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Excellent Humidification Idea! [Re: rootkey]
    #2325815 - 02/12/04 05:01 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

You might want to read previous posts on this topic:
Tropic aire search

InvisibleYesItsMe
Homeless GOHOME !...

Loc: Working for Piss ;...
Re: Excellent Humidification Idea! [Re: Anno]
    #2325829 - 02/12/04 05:14 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Nice post though !

Thx

--------------------
God save the Queen

Offlinerootkey
Canada Rules
Re: Excellent Humidification Idea! [Re: YesItsMe]
    #2329412 - 02/13/04 03:53 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

Whoa, Im so sorry Anno- when I did a search all that came up was someone trying to sell theirs, maybe I looked under the wrong Category. Off to read.

Invisiblegeorge castanzaM
Lord Of The Idiots!
 User Gallery Arcade Champion: BurgerTime, Space Invaders
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Excellent Humidification Idea! [Re: rootkey]
    #2329418 - 02/13/04 03:58 AM (13 years, 4 months ago)

so... are they poop or the shit?

--------------------

Quote:

pftek said:Impossible to clean everything right now. Maybe in a week.

ROTHBURY

:pm:

OfflineRedBombX
Grower In Training
 User Gallery

Re: Excellent Humidification Idea! [Re: george castanza]
    #10447588 - 06/03/09 03:14 PM (8 years, 24 days ago)

Quote:

george castanza said:
  so... are they poop or the shit?

Damn... this is a really old post.
But this is my experience using this contraption along with perlite

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: PureVPN PureVPN   NordVPN NordVPN   Amazon Air Pump, Air Stone, Perlite, Ultrasonic Humidifier

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation