Home | Community | Message Board

Lil Shop Of Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinerelativexistance
"beads, bees!?!?beads ....BEADS!!!"
 User Gallery

possible contam need help
    #2325622 - 02/11/04 09:49 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

I was wondering if anyone could help me determining what these spots are. The substrate just fully colonized at least a week ago and there were no spots. The jar has been incubating for about a month. Then these yellowish brownish spots appeared. They appear to make a little indentation around the edge of them and I am not sure what they are. I am not sure if it is a contam, water damage or some sort of pinning. This is my first grow so I'm not surewhat it could be. There appears to be a very small pin near the top of the jar also. This leads me to believe that the spots could be some sort of growth. This is the gt strain. This was the most wet jar too so it could be damage due to water. There are spots near the top of the jar where the best air exchange is since i removed the tape i had covering the holes. I cover the jar with a coffee filter. There are spots that are bigger that are much bigger than pins and it could be a mushroom growing in the jar. If anyone could identify this it would be much appreciated. Also I just noticed this but all of the spots light up yellow under a black light, however the pin or at least what I believe to be a pin doesnt light up as much but it is much smaller than the other spots. It has a color but I cant tell what it exactly is since it is much smaller.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSuntzu
Geek
 User Gallery

Re: possible contam need help [Re: relativexistance]
    #2325662 - 02/11/04 10:17 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

It actually looks fine to me, but it's a little hard to tell from the pic. It could be some water. Sometimes a small bacillus infection will look like a water spot, but if its to any significant degree you should be noticing an odor. Any possibility of another pic?

Offlinelloyd
Goof

Loc: Your imagination.
Re: possible contam need help [Re: Suntzu]
    #2325931 - 02/12/04 07:37 AM (13 years, 7 months ago)

Looks like what is referred to as "mycelial piss".
Perfectly normal.

--------------------
http://www.blacklight.in/ - Drug chemistry & pharmacology forums

Offlinerelativexistance
"beads, bees!?!?beads ....BEADS!!!"
 User Gallery

Re: possible contam need help [Re: lloyd]
    #2326576 - 02/12/04 01:40 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

The thing is I have other jars that have the mycelial piss but it looks different, it does turn a bit yellow under the blacklight but these spots are starting to spread. I also noticed that the other jars that aren't near full colonization dont have these spots that light up. Some do but not nearly as much. There is one spot where there is a string like row of spots. There doesnt really have a smell to it and I was just wondering if it could be a formation of a mushroom. I birthed the cake last night in a seperate fruiting chamber and i scraped some spots off. They came off as a tissue like layer. So I was wondering if mushroom tissue lights up under blacklight. If it is a contam the blacklight is nice for spotting it then too the spots are clearly visible under the light. It also showed yellow spots all over the cake where these spots arent yet visible.

OfflineRacer6908
Intemediatecultivator

Re: possible contam need help [Re: relativexistance]
    #2332328 - 02/13/04 10:43 PM (13 years, 7 months ago)

It's very possible that it's just mycelial piss but I have had some cobweb contam that looked similar to your pic before, you will know about 24 hour after your birth them b/c if it is cobweb it will puff up all nice and fluffy and then you'll want to cry,... wait that was me never mind, all I can say is when you birth the cakes birth the suspicious ones seperate, and if it is cobweb I have heard good thinkabout salt recently, what you do is cut out the contamed area, mist the "wound" with a bleach water mix (1 part bleach 200 parts water) and then cover the affected area with salt liberaly and it supposed to stop it, I haven't tried it hopefully I won't have to deal with it again. but I have read good things, good luck and may the mushroom gods be with you.

--------------------
If It can grow in nature, than it's not a Drug.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Shop: Original Seeds Store Buy CBD, Compare CBD   Amazon ½ Pint Jars

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Contamination Forum