Home | Community | Message Board

Zamnesia.com
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Hygrometer, Perlite

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineTheDrugStore
Shroomer

Loc: Hawaii Flag
Stealth Grow Container ~*~PICS~*~
    #2325621 - 02/11/04 09:47 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Ok well, I made myself a little stealthy container our of a rubbermaid tub. I just want to get your guys's opinion on it. Sorry i have to provide you with such SHITTY pics... but this webcam is all i got for now.

Here is whats inside it. I have a PC powerunit... thes connected to two fans. One intaking air and one out taking. The set up is going to be 1 casing right where you see it, and 3 cakes along the side... and also 2 cakes under the powerunit where there is room but you cannot see.

Here is the top fan that is intaking air into the case. Its a normal sized computer fan. I know i need something to filter the air going in it. Does anybody have any ideas?

Here is the small fan at the bottom blowing air out of the tub. Its just a normal sized Heatsink fan but im sure it will do the job. Remember i want positive air flow... so all the air thats gettting  into my tub isent going right out.

Here is the finished stealth box. The power cable is going out the back which connects to an extension cord thats running under my carpet. The tub is placed so this is all you will see. The cakes and casing will be added withen the next day. There will also be a layer of perlite on the bottom. Along with a 2 foot flouro thats connected to the top.

Only took me around a half hour to do all this. So what do you guys think  :thumbup: or :thumbdown:

Thanks for looking,
TheDrugStore

--------------------
Penalties against drug use should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against the possession of marijuana and mushrooms in private for personal use.

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflinefIsh in my head
fadedstar

Loc: 4500 ASL
Re: Stealth Grow Container ~*~PICS~*~ [Re: TheDrugStore]
    #2325684 - 02/11/04 10:28 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Should work fine. To filter the air coming in, you could use a layer of tyvek between the bin and the fan or maybe 4 or 5 layers of coffee filter. Doesn't need to be sterile, just clean enough.

Will you actually fix the flouro on the inside of the lid?!

I suspect you might have a RH problem if you run the fan 24/7. This will blow in a lot of air and it might be a problem keeping RH high enough for your cakes. May works fine for your casings as long as you have at least 85% RH.

On the other hand, if you hook the fan to a timer where it blows 5-10 minutes every hour, it should give enough air exchange without causing RH problems.

Aiming for a poor man's pod setup with an airpump hooked to underwater hoses would have fixed the problem but this is more noisy and not really stealth anymore.

So in brief, nice work! May needs a couple of tweaks. Just try it and watch your RH with a good hygrometer.

.fs.

Offlinerootkey
Canada Rules
Re: Stealth Grow Container ~*~PICS~*~ [Re: TheDrugStore]
    #2325747 - 02/12/04 03:58 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Cool idea, i know this would ruin the stealthyness of it but you could fit so much more if the power unit was on the outside, other than that should be fine, follow ^^^ fish in my heads instruction and you shouldnt have a problem with the humid. You could probably make a filter container using a few metal lids with holes and polyfill.

OfflineTheDrugStore
Shroomer

Loc: Hawaii Flag
Re: Stealth Grow Container ~*~PICS~*~ [Re: fIsh in my head]
    #2327617 - 02/12/04 05:53 PM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Yea my plan is to get a timer and only run the eletricity for about 15 minutes an hour. Also just recently i found a perfect flourescent cabinat light thats the exact length to fit in the tub and gives a good amount of light.

Rootkey, that would kinda ruin the stealthness thats why im not doing it. But this is fine for me because i only have 7 cakes... 2 or 3 of them are going into that large cake and the other 4-5 are going along the sides so it will be perfectly fit and efective.

Hopefully this "poor mans pod then 2nd" will work for me.

Just need some slight tweaks to it of course but that wont be a problem :smile:

--------------------
Penalties against drug use should not be more damaging to an individual than the use of the drug itself. Nowhere is this more clear than in the laws against the possession of marijuana and mushrooms in private for personal use.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Hygrometer, Perlite

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation