Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesensi

Loc: MushroOmKingdoM
self sufficiant fruiting chamber
    #2325256 - 02/11/04 05:31 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Theroetically-lets say i had to have a fruitng chamber where i could not get to it everyday. here is a plan for a self sufficiant fruitng chamber-

what do fruiting mushrooms need?
-humidity
-proper temps
-3 to 5 hours of light everyday
-fresh air
(i know everyone knows that but this how my thinking process works.. )

i'd use perlite for humidity, room temps is proper, id use a light plugged in one of those switches that turns it on and off as desired, and as for oxygen what if i put two computer fans in both sides of the storage tote? one blowing in and one blowing out. to solve the problem of the fans blowing undesired mold spores and whatnot into the fruiting chamber i add a filter over the fan? the filter would be 2-3 coffee filters...

please feel free to add comments, critisims, experiences ideas and whatnot

--------------------
Live in your own reality. Sorround yourself with positivity while being aware of the darkness. The heaven so many people are in search of is much closer than they believe. Its a state of mind. Its not about reaching a destination becuase there is no destination, its an infinite, exponential journey.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedaywalker
Do you dream in color?

Loc: in my skin
Re: self sufficiant fruiting chamber [Re: sensi]
    #2325377 - 02/11/04 05:55 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I'd say your best option for a hands off, low-maintenance terrarium is the Poor Man's Pod.

You can use perlite in there with an air stone(s) and fuggetabboutit!

What do you primarily work with, sensi? Still doing cakes or have you tried a casing or two?

--------------------
"I suggest we ... learn to love our ... selves before it ... becomes illegal."

Invisiblesimplemachine
Manfly
Male User Gallery

Re: self sufficiant fruiting chamber [Re: sensi]
    #2325384 - 02/11/04 05:56 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

why not just rig an aquarium pump up to a few hoses blowing into the perlite? [a la pmp]

SM

--------------------

Edited by simplemachine (02/11/04 05:58 PM)

InvisibleNormlizer420
Stranger

Trusted Cultivator
Re: self sufficiant fruiting chamber [Re: simplemachine]
    #2325859 - 02/12/04 03:41 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

yea a poor mans pod is the ways to go its so simple almost no maintenance at all.  I think geolite rocks thats what i use and i get 97%rh.  No misting or fanning.  Just sit back and wait for mushies.  :smile:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale