Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store - Cannabis Seeds
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Amazon Shop for: Scales, Shpongle

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Should I Believe In Communication?
    #2324860 - 02/11/04 05:33 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Is our salvation in complete and total communication? Of eliminating the boundaries between each other and sharing as much of our experiences as possible with everyone? Would it solve our problems as a world?

Or even just our problems encountered in our relationships with loved ones? I tend to believe in this and it always tends to bite me in the ass. It seems as if they sometimes fear that by saying anything, a problem will be created, and that it is better to just shut up about it... but by doing that, it fucks up the flow of conversation and then it is obvious that something is being hidden, and then a problem is created anyways?

Is it better for us to learn to shut up and not give any clues, so that no problems in our interactions will be created, or is it better to share everything? Of course, at the moment, there is obviously going to have to be some sort of middleground in interactions with EVERYONE, but I would think that between loved ones, most everything could be shared and the relationships would be better for it....

Do I already know the answer to this? Or am I just making a point? Is it a more universal point I'm trying to make or one for a select few? Maybe I'm just caught up in the moment and feel like ranting..... maybe I should come to expect some unpleasantness that comes with connecting with someone. Boundaries have to be destroyed in order for the connection to be sucessfully established, and maybe it just takes time....

But I still think that maybe starting to share more and more as time goes on instead of trying to hide more and more would be the way to go...

Anyways.... um... ja.  :frown:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Should I Believe In Communication? [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2324880 - 02/11/04 05:41 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

Is our salvation in complete and total communication? Of eliminating the boundaries between each other and sharing as much of our experiences as possible with everyone? Would it solve our problems as a world?

Definately, many problems arise from communication. I'm not sure if the answer is sharing as much of our experience, but I think that we need complete honesty. There's too many euphemisms that allow us sugar down other people's experience.

Quote:

Is it better for us to learn to shut up and not give any clues, so that no problems in our interactions will be created, or is it better to share everything? Of course, at the moment, there is obviously going to have to be some sort of middleground in interactions with EVERYONE, but I would think that between loved ones, most everything could be shared and the relationships would be better for it....

I guess if it was normal to share everything, that would affect your actions. That would be the opposite of the ring of Gyges.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Should I Believe In Communication? [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2324943 - 02/11/04 06:03 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Not familiar with the ring of Gyges, but for what I was saying in the beginning of the post, that is more of an idealistic world view thing... if we had no boundaries between what was shared and what wasn't, wouldn't it end up bringing peace and unity?

Of course, to change towards that couldn't happen overnight.. it would have to be extremely gradual. You go down the street and share your feelings with people, you are going to get locked up for being "mentally unstable", or something... but I think it could definitely end up leading towards the illusions of boundaries between people being dissolved. The world's problems would be solved, really.

But I'm talking more about personal relationships with loved ones, really. You can't exactly run an energy flow through wood... maybe holding onto boundaries that seperate ourselves can be seen as splinters of wood, fucking over the transfer and flow of energy.. makes sense, I guess. *shrugs*
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
    #2325020 - 02/11/04 06:25 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Quote:

if we had no boundaries between what was shared and what wasn't, wouldn't it end up bringing peace and unity?

Until the first shortage.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2325294 - 02/11/04 07:40 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Alot of problems do stem from miscommunication, misinterpretation, misunderstanding, etc etc.

Healthy communication and understanding is an essential ingredient in a successfull relationship, for example.

I think it's a fact that MOST problems in relationships, and between people always stems from a misunderstanding of a sort, due to miscommunication/misunderstanding/misinterpretation, etc etc etc.

The same can be applied in almost any sort of relation between people, on at least most scales, without a doubt.

Good post. :thumbup:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
    #2325370 - 02/11/04 07:54 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

You shouldn't belive in anything....

--------------------

OfflineDestruKtiKon
Embrace theChaos!
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here
    #2325555 - 02/11/04 08:43 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

You can't share the feeling of an experience with symbols.

--------------------
Light & Music

OfflineLittleBen
Feed Me A StrayCat

#2325657 - 02/11/04 10:15 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Language creates dissonance between expressed and experienced. If I say I am afraid, I dont disclose all the parts of my personality that fuel that fear. You take my word afraid and translate it to what fear you could experience in my position. In that sence communication/miscomm i9s the source of a lot of problems, but having complete disclosure or access to all the worlds information in its purest form would not fix these problems, it would eliminate individuality.

--------------------
Gaia, as you awaken, I heal myself. As I awaken, you are healed.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
    #2325676 - 02/11/04 10:23 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

The problem with communication, in my opinion, is that instead of someone asking for clarification, that take their first interpretation of someone's communication and sometimes take offense instead of simply asking, "What did you mean by that?"

Personally, I believe in talking about everything.  (I know, once I posted that I didn't want to know if my SO had had a "one time affair".  But you cured me of that thought. :grin:)

I wear my feelings on my sleeve, so if something is bothering me, it's really obvious and of course it has to be discussed so I can go back about my life.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

InvisibleTestTestTestTest
Test
    #2326034 - 02/12/04 10:01 AM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Communication and other outward forms of expression are pretty deceptive - due to intention, misinterpretation and inability. Our thought systems are complex, it's impossible to spew that much out. Even if we were constantly speaking, we tend to only pick what we want heard. A better theory would be telepathy but that could also be misconstrued so empathy should be added. Maybe it would work for a select few but most people have this inclination to get offended. If every single person learned not to take offense to anything, there would be peace among humanity. I'm not sure if communication could solve that.

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Should I Believe In Communication? [Re: LittleBen]
    #2326037 - 02/12/04 10:05 AM (13 years, 11 days ago)

First off, I had a big ole' reply to this post and IE fucking closed on me. I ended up printing screening to save what I could see, but these post boxes are rather small and it wasn't much... I will attempt to recreate what I said. 

Quote:

LittleBen said:
Language creates dissonance between expressed and experienced. If I say I am afraid, I dont disclose all the parts of my personality that fuel that fear. You take my word afraid and translate it to what fear you could experience in my position. In that sence communication/miscomm i9s the source of a lot of problems, but having complete disclosure or access to all the worlds information in its purest form would not fix these problems, it would eliminate individuality.

With someone who you are having a relationship, eventually after sharing so much experience together, you'll both end up developing an deep understanding of the other. Communication is what opens that up... if you are pissed off and never explain to someone why, a lot more problems are going to come from that than the temporary exchange from openly explaining what is going on...

On the world scale, I think that it would definitely not eliminate individuality. How would the ability to understand others perspective and what they feel and what they think take away our individuality? I think it would support our individuality... people wouldn't be so quick to impose their beliefs on the way they think about others. People would be more free to live how they wanted, and would have understanding all around...

An analogy would be this. Take a network of computers. While they are all connected and of the same, and the connections are all open and information travels back and forth effortlessly, and the network can even be seen as one "entity", arent' there still individual computers?

It is the same with us humans. We are connected whether or not we like it. We could all benefit from opening up to this and treating each other as the same. We are of the same material, the only difference between us is the concepts and experiences that we hold. Well, if no one was to hold concepts and experiences agansit each other, and we could all feel comfortable sharing with people, then hell, the world would be great.

We wouldn't have to play so many games like who we can and cannot be with, who we can and cannot confide in, etc. ad infinitum, that cut us off from the experience, sucking away our focus into pointless shit...... life is way too short to fuck around with shit like that. :lol: It seriously limits us and what we are capable of.

Shit, I really wish I wouldn't have lost most of the original one and didn't have to go hours before I had a chance to come back to this... I fear I didn't say what I wanted.  :frown:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinepeleg
Gypsy
Loc: Christ Light
    #2326104 - 02/12/04 11:06 AM (13 years, 11 days ago)

yeah i nottice if im angry with my wife about somethin usally from a judgemental state on my part i'll go ahead and talk to her about it and tell her how i feel about a matter and in the end it usally works out jus trying to learn not to be juudgemental but rather let love fill them voids is where im at now. but it's likewise if she has a problem with me i want her to talk to me about it cause it's when we hold these negative feelings in that causes the most damage, by putting it in the light we can begin the healing process.thanks

--------------------
"Well the first days are the hardest days." When life looks like easy street there is danger at your door.....

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2326682 - 02/12/04 02:11 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

a lot of the times it is the expectations of others and ourselves that put up these boundaires.our expectations are a result of how we grew up and what we think should and shouldn't happen. is this an illusion?
we identify with these expectations and this oftentimes will lead to assumptions. assumptions can be hazardous to communication. the not so cool thing about assumptions is that when we make one, there is an agreement in our head that whatever we think is actually "true" when in fact it could be the opposite.

we liek to think about what others are thinking, and sometimes we even get our jollies off of making people act a certain way. a lot of it has to do with manipulation. once we see through our personalities we will see how useless it is to try to make our surroundings fit our own programming.

we then can do one of a lot of things.

everything we do, including how we communicate depends on us.

there are many things that the reasoning mind can't totally explain. it is importnant to us the the answers are "correct" and this in turn makes us feel secure when in fact correct most of the time depends on your own programming.

what we could do is ask more questions so we get a cleaer idea of what is being said, or what idea is trying to be put across.

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Should I Believe In Communication? [Re: TestTestTestTest]
    #2326741 - 02/12/04 02:26 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

Okay, well I guess I'm not proposing everyone tells their life story to everyone, but more towards just keeping open to everyone? Destroying boundaries?

Basically just keeping a.. well, its hard to describe (communication fails. :lol:), a certain feeling towards interactions with people... I don't know, sort of a friendly, positive, understanding feel towards communicating? I'm listening to Shpongle right now and I'm focusing more on the experience than conceptualizing... hhm....

Like if you were walking down the street. I guess this would be a good analogy because it involves a lot of encounters with people, without like actually conversing or really interacting... what would it be like if everyone smiled when seeing someone, and maybe waved and said "hei"? Basically genuinely appreciating the fact that there are other people around?

The thing about peace is that it feels so vibrant and.. affirming, I guess. Where every moment is like "wow, I'm alive, this is great, get a load of this experience, the taste of this water"... Maybe if we freed up a lot of these barriers between us, it would be a lot easier for us all to truly live and appreciate every moment.

Maybe our inner experience, our thoughts and our feelings, end up radiating out and are picked up by others, either consciously or subconsciosly (depends on how tuned in anyone interacting with you is, really).... the whole "vibe" thing, really. Shouldn't we be sending out good vibrations? :wink:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Re: Should I Believe In Communication? [Re: kaiowas]
    #2326754 - 02/12/04 02:29 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

:thumbup: :grin:
:mushroom2:

:wink:
Peace.

--------------------
I wouldn't fear
Like being here

Invisiblekaiowas
mndfrayze'speppet urme
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
    #2326773 - 02/12/04 02:32 PM (13 years, 11 days ago)

that was the pefect way to communicate right there! no words!

:lol: :smile: :cool: :grin: :thumbup: :heart: :eyemouth: :smile2: :spliff:

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.---senior doobie

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Amazon Shop for: Scales, Shpongle

General Interest >> Philosophy, Sociology & Psychology