Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinedriftingspace
That one enlightened guy
 User Gallery

Re: Incubating, fruiting in a large cupboard away from windows? [Re: Psylocybe]
    #23246043 - 05/19/16 01:29 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

See green-housing a closet, now that is my forte! I've done that so many times for mary-jane, and even when I'm not doing mary-jane usually at least one closet in my house is growing vegetables! (Right now I Have peppers, tomatoes, asparagus, and all kinds of herbs going!

Easiest way to greenhouse a closet is to buy one of those zip up tarps for covering a door (They use them when doing renovations to contain the excess materials, or a good exterminator will put em up). I can get them at home hardware for ~30$. Cover the entire closet with sheets of milar or whatever vapor barrier you can find (Just to protect from condensation forming on the paint and causing mold/rot/other shit you don't want in a grow space)***. I can usually do a closet with only three sheets of milar overlapping for each wall.

Before putting your zip up tarp this is where the real fun comes in, you want to cut some squares that will fit 120mm computer fans, reinforce the squares with either duct tape and hot glue or get fancy and learn how to cut it so you can fold it back and sew it without screwing the integrity of the tarp. Put at least four fans, two at the bottom(preferably with air filters), and two at the top.

Bottom fans are for intake of cool air and should be going pretty consistently, the top fans I hook up to a cheap fan controller (newegg or the like generally has some on sale for like 20$), and use those suckers to vent the closet only when it gets too warm! You will still want some sort of fan in there blowing on the wall for air movement! I usually double up the number of top fans so they can really suck air through the room, and then make sure there is a shelf or something in the middle that has vent holes in the back but covers most of the closet space and is snug up against the tarp so air has to move through the whole space to escape through the top so you don't wind up just sucking out your fresh air.

It's a but of work but if you set the closet up like that and wind up doing the side mounted pads I don't see why you couldn't get good results. I've never put shrooms in my grow tent before because there was no need but I mean in principle it should be sound.

Good luck!!!

DriftingSpace

***probably not a concern for shrooms.

--------------------
To conquer oneself is worth more than to win a thousand battles, for then the victory is yours and cannot be taken from you. Not by angels, nor demons, heaven, nor hell. - Paraphrased from Buddha

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePsylocybe
Stranger
Loc: Scotland
Re: Incubating, fruiting in a large cupboard away from windows? [Re: driftingspace]
    #23246264 - 05/19/16 02:36 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Oh that sounds perfect! What's the heat source?

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #23246400 - 05/19/16 03:12 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

You could just grow sclerotia/stones instead.

Offlinedriftingspace
That one enlightened guy
 User Gallery

#23249159 - 05/20/16 08:42 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Psylocybe said:
Oh that sounds perfect! What's the heat source?

In that particular case when growing Mary Jane the heat source is your HID lamp or CFL bulbs, even with CFL bulbs which I've done up a closet with it gets freaking hot. I had about 9-12 13w cfls going and had to really work out the kinks just to get the temps low enough so with a couple of your 25w heat pads and a bulb for 12-12 light you probably won't need to worry about heat too much.

I have no idea how this will do for shrooms, but running hydroponics systems in there is fine and arguably Mary Jane needs a decent amount of fresh air and I have always gotten killer crops doing SCROG grows.

Simply put I'm fairly sure if you enclose the space well enough and make sure you use a decent fan controller you'll probably have no issues keeping the heat up.

Make sure you take pics when it's done! :laugh:

DriftingSpace

--------------------
To conquer oneself is worth more than to win a thousand battles, for then the victory is yours and cannot be taken from you. Not by angels, nor demons, heaven, nor hell. - Paraphrased from Buddha

Offlinemushpunx
Fungus Punk
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Incubating, fruiting in a large cupboard away from windows? [Re: blackout]
    #23249486 - 05/20/16 10:33 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

blackout said:
You could just grow sclerotia/stones instead.

:whathesaid:

--------------------

Amateur Mycologists United
AMU Q&A

OfflinePsylocybe
Stranger
Re: Incubating, fruiting in a large cupboard away from windows? [Re: mushpunx]
    #23249986 - 05/20/16 01:06 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I just read into growing truffles. Wow, looks so easy! Why aren't more people growing truffles rather than cubensis? (slightly longer wait though as I can see)

OfflinePsylocybe
Stranger
    #23250056 - 05/20/16 01:32 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Looking at truffle grows now. I assume weighing truffles isn't usually going to give accurate results? 'cos it looks like they grow over the grain itself. Do people just eat the grains as well?

Edited by Psylocybe (05/20/16 01:32 PM)

Offlinedriftingspace
That one enlightened guy
 User Gallery

#23265473 - 05/24/16 09:28 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I've tried truffles my friend grew a couple times and compared to cubensis....there is no comparison in my opinion. They just aren't the same no matter how many people weigh in on them, not to mention you have to consume so much more material in order to get remotely near the same trip level. That being said in one thread RR stated it was his favorite so you may find that they are perfect for you! Definitely easier to grow. So in that I state to each their own. :smile:

As far as rye goes it's pretty easy to separate them from the rye. I mean if you eat a bit of it it's not going to do you any harm but it's not going to be like a ton of rye in there when you're done.

If you do wind up going with truffles make sure you make a trip report, and I wish you well!

Truth before Life
Drifting Space

--------------------

Offlineblackout
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Incubating, fruiting in a large cupboard away from windows? [Re: driftingspace]
    #23269845 - 05/25/16 01:21 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

Psylocybe said:
I just read into growing truffles. Wow, looks so easy! Why aren't more people growing truffles rather than cubensis? (slightly longer wait though as I can see)

The spores cost more and they are boring to grow, but I have always been puzzled why more do not grow them, and why they are not recommended to beginners more seeing as so little equipment and care is needed.

If you buy a stone producing syringe from the sponsor I use and mention you are a shroomery member they would usually throw in a cubensis syringe too. So for beginners I think that is ideal, have the stones growing alongside the cubes and if the cubes fuck up you have them to fall back on.

Most wait 3-6months to mature them but a few months back a user was eating them quite early and they were still potent. If you have a fast growing jar you could be eating them after a month -this would not be the maximum yeild but at least you get a hit, it would be sort of similar to drinking beer which has only reached half its potential %.

Quote:

driftingspace said:
I've tried truffles my friend grew a couple times and compared to cubensis....there is no comparison in my opinion. They just aren't the same no matter how many people weigh in on them, not to mention you have to consume so much more material in order to get remotely near the same trip level.

Many prefer truffles as there is usually less waviness to the trip, it is more smooth. They are usually estimated to be 2/3rd the potency of cubes by dry weight so it is not a lot more, and most prefer the taste of truffles over cubes.

Offlinedriftingspace
That one enlightened guy
 User Gallery

Re: Incubating, fruiting in a large cupboard away from windows? [Re: blackout]
    #23273229 - 05/26/16 09:34 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

blackout said:
Many prefer truffles as there is usually less waviness to the trip, it is more smooth. They are usually estimated to be 2/3rd the potency of cubes by dry weight so it is not a lot more, and most prefer the taste of truffles over cubes.

Well on the taste factor I would definitely agree, cubes can get tiresome. I'm starting to look at making tea just to have a change of pace from either straight cubes, or cubes in lemon juice XD.

My experience with truffles is quite limited since the people I got them from were the same I used to buy low grade cubes off of. And their cubes vs my cubes are just no comparison, nuh uh nope never buying dealer shrooms again. So it's certainly skewed.  :shrug:

I never bothered growing Stones due to the aforementioned grow periods but it is interesting now that I'm researching just how little fucks they give about environment compared to cubes. I love cubes, and monotubs shit out ounces at a time, but perhaps it would be fun to experiment and see if the bad taste in my mouth about truffles is really warranted or just something I picked up along the way.

I feel an experiment coming on! Quick Dexter! To the lab!

Truth before Life
DriftingSpace

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds