Home | Community | Message Board

Kraken Kratom
Please support our sponsors.

General Interest >> Science and Technology

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Roxio Help?
    #2323420 - 02/11/04 10:07 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

Does anyone use Roxio? I'm trying to convert songs to .WAV files, but it wont fucking work. I have the track added in the bottom on the song list, but the stupid little convert button will never light up. WTF is the problem with this? Am I doing it wrong?

This is driving me NUTS.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: Roxio Help? [Re: Madtowntripper]
    #2323429 - 02/11/04 10:12 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

>I'm trying to convert songs to .WAV files
You can use Winamp to do this.

"In order to turn Winamp into an MP3 to wave convertor we need to change the out plugins. To do this, open up Winamp and click the button in the upper most, left-hand corner (see below) and from there, continue on to "Options\Preferences...". This window will allow you to customize virtually every Winamp function, but for our intents and purposes click on Output from the Plug-ins tree. The Output Plug-in we are interested in is the "Nullsoft Disk Writer plug-in v1.0", so highlight it and click the "Configure" button at the bottom of the window to choose the output directory for the converted wave files.
From this point on, every MP3 you play will be converted to wave and saved in the folder you selected. To maximize the usefulness of this process, use Winamp's built-in playlist feature as a cue-list for the MP3s you want to convert and BAM! you have your self a batch convertor. When you are through with converting, go back into the Output preferences and change the output plug-in back to "Nullsoft waveOut plug-in v2.02", and BAM! you have yourself an MP3 player again. "

OfflineMadtowntripper
Sun-Beams out of Cucumbers
 User Gallery

Loc: The Ocean of Notions
Re: Roxio Help? [Re: Anno]
    #2323436 - 02/11/04 10:15 AM (12 years, 9 months ago)

These are the colleges computers, and no new software is allowed. I'm afraid I'm rather stuck with Roxio...It seems so EASY. I mean, theres a convert button there, just staring at me. But I cant figure out hwo to make it work.

--------------------
After one comes, through contact with it's administrators, no longer to cherish greatly the law as a remedy in abuses, then the bottle becomes a sovereign means of direct action.  If you cannot throw it at least you can always drink out of it.  - Ernest Hemingway

If it is life that you feel you are missing I can tell you where to find it.  In the law courts, in business, in government.  There is nothing occurring in the streets. Nothing but a dumbshow composed of the helpless and the impotent.    -Cormac MacCarthy

He who learns must suffer. And even in our sleep pain that cannot forget falls drop by drop upon the heart, and in our own despair, against our will, comes wisdom to us by the awful grace of God.  - Aeschylus

Jump to top. Pages: 1

General Interest >> Science and Technology