Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Is a good mind exploring trip over due?
    #2320160 - 02/10/04 12:02 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Wel it's been a good year since my last mushroom trip that totally turned me off them. I just got lost in my head and way to deep and it actually changed the way I talk and think about everything. Made me "insane almost I think. But, I feel like im in this mind block. I thought maybe it would be a good idea to take 2g and maybe just explore my mind a bit and write some thoughts down. I have lots of xanax handy if I feel I seriously need to abort.

Any opinions?

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedaba
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Is a good mind exploring trip over due? [Re: barfightlard]
    #2320201 - 02/10/04 12:16 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I know what you mean exactly.
It seems you have some searching to do, and 2g is a light, relaxing dose.

Go for it.

--------------------
Fold for The Shroomery!

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
Re: Is a good mind exploring trip over due? [Re: daba]
    #2320214 - 02/10/04 12:21 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Thats one thing, I don't think anybody knows what I mean.  Maybe you do if my crazyness isn't so crazy :eek:.  I was just hoping it could help me figure some things out.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineDocPsilocybin
enthusiast

#2320563 - 02/10/04 04:11 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Hey, I'm in the same boat, kind of. I had a bad trip about two years ago and it set off something in my mind, had panic attacks for about 8 months after that, slight depression, just a lot of anxiety and fear. But now I'm through with that, haha and I've taken a few doses lately. I'm working my way up. Last dose I had was tons of fun.

I highly suggest you do it, don't be afraid either! Learn to control your fears or whatever, learn from your trip.

--------------------
You can't hold a man down without staying down with him.
-- Booker T. Washington

OfflineBenFungTorez
Los Rancheros!

Loc: Way up there...
    #2322022 - 02/10/04 08:32 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I totally ended up over doing it on my last trip. I was quite shaken for several months and am just now getting my anxiety and depression undercontrol. I think from now on I need to stick to smaller doses...
IMO, be thoroughly prepared and wait intil you feel good and ready.

InvisibleSHiZNO
-

Re: Is a good mind exploring trip over due? [Re: BenFungTorez]
    #2322810 - 02/10/04 11:08 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

sorry for being a n00b but i dont get what you all mean? i havent ever had a bad trip yet.... but im wondering why its affected you for months (years) after the trip? what were you thinking in it?? someone please explain :frown:

--------------------

OfflinePsiloSteve
Bioinformant
    #2323219 - 02/11/04 04:41 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I can agree with bellylard that mushrooms can be too much when you eat a lot of them, very often. And as far as craziness, my second last trip was on 10g(NOT RECOMMENDED!), and I thought I wouldn't eat them again. But after that someone gave me 1.5gish and there I was starting to get edgy, and partually expecting what had happened last time. I was sort of in a party atmosphere and had to excuse myself as I thought I could not handle it this time. When I got home I was very irritable, and wondering why I ate them. I was wondering why I'd put myself through this one more unneccesary time.

I laid down and put on some tunes on and turned off the lights. Now normally I don't like doing this but I was not tripping fully yet so it would not be disorientating or frightening at all, while I'd watch the CEVs kick in instead of breaking into them at warp speed.

When the effects started to really kick in, I had to get up and I found myself telling myself "this is it" "What was I expecting?" and such and I saw myself in a different way. For the last few months I've been dealing with a lot of bullshit, and I think I have had trouble mellowing out. It seems that since I've moved, a lot of ignorant assholes that I've had to deal with had just about made me ill in the head. I was so sick of it that I almost forgot who I was, and why I was living here. The edginess had disappeared when I realized that there is nothing to be edgy about. I was just so content with who I was and wondered why I tried to hide my emotions and laughed because it was so silly. I cannot fully describe my feeling but it was like a complete shift in mood... like I just woke up from a previous fog. I laid back down and turned the light back off and the music on, and I was in a different world. Nothing mattered to me. The trip was 100x so better. It made way more sense, and was way more visual. I cannot recommend anything else more than just mellowing out. I know it sounds too easy!, but for some it can be hard. Just think to yourself when you start to get edgy and ask yourself whats causing this feeling and it will disappear!

Now I think your mind can only handle so much of shrooms at a time. If you did them all the time, "insane" would be an appropriate term for describing yourself, and you would just overanalyze your mind to death and loop on the same thoughts and probably have a bad trip every time. For me the change in perception (once in a while) is what makes the mushroom so magical. They're a tool, and should be used in that respect.

Anyway thats it. I thought I'd just share my experience with you people. I highly recommend music and a little relaxation. It goes a long way!

Happy shrooming,

Steve

--------------------
Don't worry be happy!

OfflinePsiloSteve
Bioinformant
Re: Is a good mind exploring trip over due? [Re: PsiloSteve]
    #2323222 - 02/11/04 04:47 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I think the key is to not have expectations but to approach it with an open mind.

--------------------
Don't worry be happy!

Offlineangryjslice
now with 20%more anger
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Is a good mind exploring trip over due? [Re: SHiZNO]
    #2323679 - 02/11/04 10:15 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

SHiZNO said:
sorry for being a n00b but i dont get what you all mean? i havent ever had a bad trip yet.... but im wondering why its affected you for months (years) after the trip? what were you thinking in it?? someone please explain :frown:

i know for me at least, i had one life changingly intense trip.  and since that time, everytime i take mushrooms i seem to have extreme anxiety attacks.  for some reason my body has just associated the feeling of tripping with extreme fear and panic since that point.  i used to be able to eat mushrooms before work, before school, go about my day as usual.  i think i was abusing them, so they tought me a lesson, and one i will never forget.  i used to feel so connected to the energy, but since that day (december 23rd 2002) aka. "last monday" i feel like i need to regain my own trust in order to feel that energy/love again.  a bad trip can really spin you for the worse for a while.  im slowly trying to regain the ground that i lost.  i can barely handle taking 2 grams of mushrooms without feeling like im gonna lose it completley.

one day i will be back with the flow, but its gonna take me alot of work.

hopefully you'll never experience a bad trip, but be carefull who you trip with.  i got pulled down into one by one of my best friends who i cared for more than anything.  i couldnt bare to see him freaking out, so i lost it myself to show him he wasnt alone, i just let go of my control over the trip.  it helped him out, but scared the hell out of me.

be safe, think good thoughts...dont get lost.

~JSlice~

--------------------

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

#2324220 - 02/11/04 01:02 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I have most certainly had an experience like yours. I had a bad trip that pretty mush ruined my life for many months following the trip. I decided to give up mushrooms after that trip, but a friend talked me into taking them again.

I experienced an alomst an exact replica of my previous trip. I seemed to be fighting some sort of demons within. After my trip, even though it wasn't a pleasent experience, I felt a bit relieved.

The following week I tripped again... I knew I was going to haave to fight with my thoughts again, but this time I went in prepared. I knew it was going to come and instead of stuggling with my thoughts and emotions I decided to explore them. I needed to know what it all meant.

Although I never really did find out what my thoughts and emotions were telling me, I felt as if I had conquored them. I didn't let them get the best of me and ruin my experience. After that trip, my life returned to a normal state. I have tripped many time afterwards with no reoccurance.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
Re: Is a good mind exploring trip over due? [Re: angryjslice]
    #2326679 - 02/12/04 12:10 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

angryjslice said:
Quote:

SHiZNO said:
i couldnt bare to see him freaking out, so i lost it myself to show him he wasnt alone, i just let go of my control over the trip.  it helped him out, but scared the hell out of me.
~JSlice~

That's a great thing you did for him, you helped him through his trip in spite of very negative consequences for yourself, you should feel good about that, very good.  :grin:

But I know what all you guys mean.  I don't think I could EVER be in more mental anguish, agony, and pure black depression than during the depths of my bad trip on June 13th, 2003.  I remember the date because it completely shattered my life.  EVERYTHING changed after that.  I don't even really feel emotions anymore.

Shrooms are definitely a very strange trip compared to acid or the like.  The crazy thought patterns and stuff that comes into your mind on shrooms makes a bad trip REAL bad.  Mine was with 8 woodrose seeds, 2g mush and 3g syrian rue.  BIG mistake.  I had been tripping recklessly prior to this event and I got the biggest pychedelic ass kicking of my life.  My god I wanted to die.  I've posted this a bunch of times on here but the significance of it is extreme, and you can't identify with that unless you've had a bad trip yourself. 

See, you can't just shrug off a bad trip, much like you can't shrug off a good trip.  When you have revelations etc etc they arent always good.  And you don't just forget about it when its over.  So that's how it can affect people months after the fact.  Take it from me, that was like 8 months ago and I'm still heavily affected.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract