Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinequarentine18
Terran Lance
experinmental solution
    #2312626 - 02/07/04 06:46 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

hey im new...i had a contamination problem...blue-green mold lightly covering all my casings. i used a 10% h202 solution with water and sprayed them two to three times per day....this was ineffective so I used the same solution but applied it individually to three of my casings....i.e. i soaked the entire casing (cake and all) completely, waited two minutes, and then drained them completely...i wish i had consulted this forum before doing this but i will keep you all posted with the results because they should prove useful either way or interesting. if any of you "experts" know a better way or have made this mistake before...please help me save my last few casings!
Thanks!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSemilanceata
No god, no boss

Loc: República Federal Íbera
Re: experinmental solution [Re: quarentine18]
    #2313647 - 02/08/04 02:56 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

H2O2 is weak and just works well for cobweb. Are you sure it?s contamed cause bruising looks like the color you said ?. If it is contamed and the mold was sporulating you?re fucked cause it had spread the spores all over the water being able to infect the entire casing. Now you will have the contam everywhere and not just on the top.
How did you case ? I don?t understand what you said about "cakes and all". When you case you crumble the cakes and then you apply the moist casing layer.
IMO, you should get rid of all the infected casings/cakes cause by playing around trying to save it you will just spread the contamination to the rest of your batch.

--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

Offlinequarentine18
Terran Lance
Re: experinmental solution [Re: Semilanceata]
    #2315165 - 02/08/04 05:54 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

you're right about the h2o2 being too weak for germinated mold because of it's enzyme protection; however, the spores aren't immune to it though and i don't believe they would have spread that bad...it's not bruising because it's not on the mycellium itself but on the compost that it's growing on...today, there has been no new growth of the mold but white mycellium continues to form small weak looking pins...the casings that i did were similar to a terrium style...really just clear plastic containers with holes in the lids...germinated mycellium substrate (the actual cakes) was broken up and spread across the compost...over a week or two..these developed into 'cakes' which i shouldn't have used as a term here cause it means something else....these are what i flooded witht that solution...(three of my casings were done like this) i've already had about two flushes per casing though for the past two weeks and have seen nothing like this before...I am also routinely spraying the cases with a 1/10th h2o2 solution for hydration as well as a 1/10th isopropyl (rubbing alcohol 70%) solution as an sterylizing aerisol since the contamination was first spotted two days ago...(it has already spread to all six cases...i.e. there is no quarantining anything at this point.) The good news is that i was able to get spore prints about a week ago from some more mature caps...although i don't know yet if they were exposed either. Im going to post pictures tomorrow for a clearer description.

Is it possible to kill one kind of mold and not another with a solution?

Offlinequarentine18
Terran Lance
    #2315615 - 02/08/04 08:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

special note: there is no difference in smell or anything with an odor of funk...is it possible for bruising to appear on mycellium covered compost?

InvisibleSemilanceata
No god, no boss

Loc: República Federal Íbera
    #2317014 - 02/09/04 07:46 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

O.K., you spawned some shit or whatever with your cakes, right? Then you waited till 100% colonized, but didn?t case. Then you changed conditions to fruiting and got 2 flushes. Then contams appeared. Is it right? If it?s wrong what I understood then I?ll better wait till you post some pics.
About a solution killing some molds and not others, is a matter of how strong the solution is, cause some molds are more resistant than others. But if you apply 100% bleach drops in the contaminated spots, no matter what?s your contamination, everything will die and nothing else will grow there.
Bruising is just possible on shrooms and the mycellium.

--------------------
Sr_Setahongo

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #2317978 - 02/09/04 01:25 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

Offlinequarentine18
Terran Lance
Re: experinmental solution [Re: MAIA]
    #2322920 - 02/10/04 11:29 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

semilanceata, you were right about the bruised mycellium. sorry, my digital camera's battery's out right now but my colonies started producing again....a little hydration was all they needed and there's no bad smell from any of them..just a healthy mushroom scent...im taking a lot more precautions than before i found this site and i will have those pics asap. thanks for all the help everyone!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds