Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lashed to the pyre
Civilization VI
    #23219194 - 05/12/16 04:56 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

So, this popped up in my face when I logged in to Steam today

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2016/05/11/three-ways-sid-meiers-civilization-6-radically-reinvents-itself-city-building-science-and-diplomacy

The new graphics look slightly cartoony, but pretty clean and nice.

The talk about having cities expand in districts and spread out over the map sounds interesting to me, wonder if it will make cities more specialized.  Civ 4 and 5 I would often end up having basically every building in every city in a big sprawling empire.
On the other hand, did not like the removal of unit stacking from 4 to 5, and this basically applies that to cities.

The changes to unit stacking sounds like it can mitigate some of my disdain for the shift that was taken though.

Am probably going to check it out when it comes out in October.

Any other strategy fans take an interest in this announcement?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Civilization VI [Re: Tantrika]
    #23220623 - 05/12/16 11:12 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Looks great, but I wonder if its going to have that attack/defense feel, or something along the lines of farmville. Imo, cartoony games gives the game more aspect, hense the name "video game".

--------------------
Official:
Facemelter
HyperspaceTraveller
NostalgicGamer

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Civilization VI [Re: Chakanooga]
    #23222055 - 05/13/16 11:20 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Chakanooga said:
Looks great, but I wonder if its going to have that attack/defense feel, or something along the lines of farmville. Imo, cartoony games gives the game more aspect, hense the name "video game".

Hoping it should still be fine, so long as the mechanics hold up.

Normally do not play zoomed as far in as the screenshots, so it will hopefully be less impacting on a wider view.
Civ never had hyper realistic graphics by any stretch, but this just feels a little more colorful than I am used to.

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
    #23224165 - 05/13/16 10:26 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Maybe, but by the looks of it, its all up to if the animations are fluent or not. It would be badass if the environment moves, like the water, or trees, but my biggest concern is how will them soldier looking things move around, and look at them, they are giants.

--------------------
Official:
Facemelter
HyperspaceTraveller
NostalgicGamer

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: Civilization VI [Re: Chakanooga]
    #23307633 - 06/04/16 03:57 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

3 was the best. Can't even count how much time I've wasted on that game. I still download a copy on my computers and play it when I bored.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

OfflineEnjoywho
Rags to Bitches
Male User Gallery

Re: Civilization VI [Re: Enjoywho]
    #23307647 - 06/04/16 04:04 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

The cities always expanded and we're diversified for what they were good at and the terrain around them. 4 and 5 dumbed them way down. Play civ 3 than we can talk.

--------------------
"I don't give nothin' to nobody, I just pay the cost to do business." - Riley "Young Reezy"-Boondocks

"The road to hell is paved with good intentions."

"In the days of kings and queens I was a jester."

"And then the great lord created bears... too many bears... shoulda really dialed back on the bears." Squidbillies

"Can you start speaking words instead of your damn filthy lies!"- Louise "Bobs Burgers"

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #23484309 - 07/28/16 12:53 AM (7 years, 8 months ago)

Have been following updates on this off and on for a while now.  Some of my concerns may have been assuaged in seeing the new cities in action.
They are back on Civ 5's hex-by-hex expansion for culture, but the change now is that every tile around the city also doubles as a building space -- rather than just placing farms/mines/income generation hexes have to be spent on creation of buildings and wonders.  If a city wants to build the Pyramids, they need to have a Desert or Flood Plains hex in their cultural borders for it to occupy.  Similarly districts have to be set down to create buildings.  An arts district, science district, and industrial district all each eat up a tile to be able to support building things like amphitheaters or libraries.

The graphics look better in action, and a bit more eye-catching rather than straight cartoon, but the leaders still are pretty cartoony.

Aztec civilization is apparently the pre-order bonus.  This would make me bitter, but they apparently will be released as a free DLC for everyone else later as well.  Can live with waiting a couple months after launch to play as Monty.

Not going to link all the individual Civilization previews they are doing, but their E3 presentation was pretty nicely succinct and showed some of the features in action.

OfflineVisionary Tools
Male User Gallery

#23489183 - 07/29/16 12:30 PM (7 years, 8 months ago)

my major concern is that Sean Bean is doing the narration. Will he get to the classical era, say "Et tu, Brute?" Then no more narration.

--------------------

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #23695332 - 09/30/16 08:30 PM (7 years, 6 months ago)

So, with a few more weeks to release, they have apparently sent out early access copies to a number of youtube channels.  Various Let's Plays all over the place.

It is nice to see the actual progression of the game and how dynamics likes the changes to workers and addition of city districts impacts things.

Despite my earlier complaints about graphics, the more recent footage is quite nice, particularly with the time of day system and cities lighting up at night.

Am looking quite forward to this, still deciding between Scythia and Norway as my first play through, but have some time. :cookiemonster:

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#23739787 - 10/15/16 11:31 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

:threadmonitor:

I will try to check out some vids later. I like builder games but I'm a bit picky. I liked previous Civs so... I dunno we will see if I feel like this would be an 800 hour investment or not.

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Civilization VI [Re: CookieCrumbs]
    #23743761 - 10/16/16 07:59 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Am feeling cautiously optimistic about this one.
Was not fond of Civ 5 when it released, stuck with Civ 4 until Civ 5 got its expansion packs to flesh it out.  Was quite pleased with Civ 5 after it got all the DLC though.
Civ 6 seems to be launching in a more complete fashion.
The devs have been pretty good at keeping in touch with the playerbase, and getting a good look at the game from various let's plays has done wonders to alleviate my lingering concerns.

It is good to see them reach backwards in the series, such as bringing back multiple leader options for civilizations.
The variation with city districts and adjacency bonuses interests me quite a bit, being able to lay out cities so they sort of sprawl over the countryside seems like it is going to be fun.  Each city gets its own sort of character to it based on how the districts and wonders are laid out.

Just a few more days to go.  :justcantwait:

OfflineBrian Jones
Club 27
Male User Gallery

Loc: attending Snake Church
    #23744470 - 10/17/16 04:22 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

I don't remember if Civ 3 or 4 was my last one. I was an addict. I guess that's when I stayed home instead of going out drinking.  The graphics got better, but some aspects of the game I wasn't in with.

I remember when I used win I would go with communism as my modern form of govt. cause it was easier. You didn't have worry much about what the public thought. Generally I won by obliterating the opposition, but I guess in the last version you had to go to space to Alpha Centauri.

When I used to do this 5 nights a week, instead of relative alcoholism, I had Civilization dreams, frequently. I never put it on automatic. I moved, or didn't every piece every turn. I don't know why? It seems like a neurotic obsession now. I got my younger brother into it, and he would give newer versions for Christmas, but he played automatic.

When I had Civ. dreams they were they weren't good or bad dreams, they were just the most boring dreams ever. For hours I saw those octagons moving in slow motion.

--------------------
"The Rolling Stones will break up over Brian Jones' dead body"    John Lennon

I don't want no commies in my car. No Christians either.

The worst thing about corruption is that it works so well,

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Civilization VI [Re: Brian Jones]
    #23745957 - 10/17/16 03:04 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

A handful of victory conditions have shifted over time; Civ 4 had it's space race victory move from going to space to being the first one to reach Alpha Centauri.
Still miss some of the variation that was in military victories; Civ 4 had both Domination (own the majority of the planet's land and population) and Conquest (destroy or take all other civs as vassals), but Civ 5 changed it to just being the last player still controlling the original capital -- it changed a bit of the pacing of military victory.
Communism got switched around in Civ 5, and was not really fleshed out as government options until the last expansion.

Used to go for primarily military or culture victory before 5, but 5 included me never going for a military victory in 700+ hours of play. :lol:

Thinking of aiming for a Religious victory on my first 6 playthrough -- would like to see how balanced the new win condition is; also, would like to see how the Theological Combat feature plays out, since it acts like wizard duels between missionaries. :lol:

The launch trailer went up today, and has nothing to really do with gameplay, but serves as a kind of fun teaser.

Think they really just made it so they would have an excuse to kill off the narrator's character before the game launches. :cookiemonster:

Edited by Tantrika (10/17/16 03:42 PM)

OfflineReposadoXochipilli
Here, there, inbetween
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sand and sunshine
    #23759804 - 10/22/16 01:39 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

think i am going to check this out, have not played civ since 2 i think many years ago.

--------------------

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: CA
Re: Civilization VI [Re: ReposadoXochipilli]
    #23764499 - 10/23/16 03:08 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

I've been playing all weekend and love it. Right now I'm china, I'm being nice, and focusing on Science. Next time I'm going to be brutal and petty

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #23766499 - 10/24/16 11:31 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Have completed two games now, both as Scythia.

Not sure what is going wrong, but it seems like Culture victory is too easy to reach.  Was not making any effort (to my knowledge) to win a Culture victory either time, and ended up getting it both.
Each time was also just a few turns before completion of the victory condition I was working on (had 1-2 more cities to convert for Religious victory in first game; had 5 turns left on my last spaceship piece on the second).

Aside from that, various small nitpicks about the game, such as not being able to rename civilizations or cities.
Otherwise quite pleased though.

Plays a lot like Civ 5, but the new wonders and districts add a feeling of a city-builder to it.
Also fond of the military game now -- it's still similar to Civ 5 but a bit more slowed down due to movement changes; the slightly increased variation of units with support units is what sells it to me.

Pretty satisfied -- it is fun watching my civilization go from humble beginnings as a village into a bustling metropolis in the Information era.
Also enjoy how, even playing as the same civilization multiple times, the city system and map layout can change city design and build priorities.

OfflineReposadoXochipilli
Here, there, inbetween
Male User Gallery

Loc: Sand and sunshine
    #23766536 - 10/24/16 11:45 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

I'm going to hold off until they flesh it out more.  Still playing xcom2 and total war warhammer...

Maybe it will get a little cheaper also

--------------------

InvisibleCookieCrumbsM
Fucked off to the pub
Female User Gallery

#23766894 - 10/24/16 01:51 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Was confused for a moment. Thought you settled on the sun or something :lol:

Realized you just dropped a nuke

--------------------
          :dancingbear: Free time is the only time :dancingbear:                    :thatsinteresting:

InvisibleLophosaurus
suruasohpol
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: CA
    #23767867 - 10/24/16 06:54 PM (7 years, 5 months ago)

My game wouldn't load so I gave up and reinstalled the whole game. Then I found that all I had to do was turn of Windows Defender. I lost my save and now I'm playing as Germany and I've been in like a 500 year battle with Sumeria

InvisibleTantrika
Miss Ann Thrope
Female

Folding@home Statistics
    #23768691 - 10/25/16 12:03 AM (7 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

CookieCrumbs said:
Was confused for a moment. Thought you settled on the sun or something :lol:

Realized you just dropped a nuke

If the Civilization series has given me any lasting life lessons,
it's nuke Gandhi before he has the opportunity to nuke me.
He's all happy and peaceful, until he gets the bomb.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale