Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

High Mountain Compost Sucks at custamer service
    #2318579 - 02/09/04 04:30 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

----- Original Message -----

To: highmountain@olypen.com
Sent: Saturday, February 07, 2004 4:57 AM
Subject: Re: cost

so in other words I need to repasturize it when I get it. Whats the point of you guys pasturizing when you have to do it again when you recieve it it makes no sense you guys should just sell dry compost and have the cunsumer add the water and pasturize but then you guys wouldnt make money off selling water.

thier reponse
"You obviously don't want our compost...that's fine. Please harrass someone else.
HMC"

I wanted a answer but thats what they gave me it makes no sense what so ever that they pasturize thier compost and it takes over 2 weeks from when they make for you to get when pasturzation lasts around 2 weeks. This was the point I was trying to get across with them and I guess they saw that I saw right through thier scam. Why pay for water? It would be worth it if the pasturization period lasted longer but it doesnt so they are selling more water to you than compost in my eyes its a scam.
Thats my 2cents

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: High Mountain Compost Sucks at custamer service [Re: fee]
    #2318602 - 02/09/04 04:37 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Bulk drying costs money.
So you would pay more for a dry product which you would have to rehydrate amd pasteurize yourself?
What would you gain?

Anonymous

Re: High Mountain Compost Sucks at custamer service [Re: Anno]
    #2318990 - 02/09/04 06:24 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

no I would pay the same amount come on now $3.50 a pound is kinda steep as is but thats mostly water and as far as it being pasturized, from what I have allways been told even by you anno that pasturization only last's 2 weeks is this correct? They claim that thier compost is good for 4-6 mounths and should be thier within 3-4 weeks of them making it so the paturization you just paid for has renderd you useless. I just find it wierd that thier big thing is pasturized and ready to go but if the 2 week pasturization rule is right like you have told me you have to repasturize so all that extra money you just spent on shipping just flew out the door am I right. I think they should figure out how much a dry pound would weigh without the water and figure out the cost for a pound atleast that way you are not paying to ship water that you are not going to use anyway. Clear this up for me

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
    #2319021 - 02/09/04 06:33 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Since they are the compost experts and have a vested interest in you succeeding (and not telling everybody they have bad product) it seems likely that you will be fine without having to do it again.

Invisiblesci33
AmbitiousScientist
    #2319656 - 02/09/04 09:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Fee, would you mind explaining this 'pasteurization only lasting two weeks' concept? I've never heard of that. They pasteurize it, and put it in a filter patch bag... so how could it contaminate?

--------------------
Looking for:
Ps. weilii, Ps. samuiensis, Ps. hispanica, Pan. cyanescens (any strain I don't have)

Have:
Ps. cubensis, Ps. tampanensis, Pan. cyanescens (Australian, Tai-KS, Hawaiian, Jamaican, Ban Lipa Noi)

PM for a trade.

Anonymous

Re: High Mountain Compost Sucks at custamer service [Re: sci33]
    #2319715 - 02/09/04 09:41 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Well from whta anno tells me is that what pasturization does is kill off bad microbials (or something like that or bacteria) and keeps the good ones the bad ones die at about 170 degrees. So when you pasturize these benificial micribials (or what not) ward off bacteria and other molds but mycilium can still grow on it. Well Anno states that this only last for about 2 weeks and after that the bad ones start to come back and you can get contaminates. So thats atleast what I have gathered from talking to him. And thats why you dont have to be sterile when working with pasturized compost compared to sterilized compost.

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #2319766 - 02/09/04 10:00 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

My friend told me that it lasted over 5 months for him.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Anonymous

Re: High Mountain Compost Sucks at custamer service [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #2319781 - 02/09/04 10:04 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

pasturization? or high mountain compost?

OfflineHagbardCeline
Student-Teacher-Student-Teacher
Male User Gallery

Loc: Overjoyed, at the bottom ...
    #2319786 - 02/09/04 10:07 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

High Mountain Compost.

--------------------
I keep it real because I think it is important that a highly esteemed individual such as myself keep it real lest they experience the dreaded spontaneous non-existance of no longer keeping it real. - Hagbard Celine

Anonymous

Re: High Mountain Compost Sucks at custamer service [Re: HagbardCeline]
    #2319807 - 02/09/04 10:15 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

than it could be worth it all I know is thier costemer sevice is shit and that alone makes me not want to buy any I really wanted to give it a go but the way the treated me they are not getting my service. Its to bad they didnt take the time to explain all of this to me instead of telling me im harrassing them when I was acually trying to get as much info as I could before I spent that much on compost. Doesnt that sound resonable to answer questions and not act irrational like they did very unprofesional

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
    #2319915 - 02/09/04 10:45 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

If they did not understand what you were asking then look back in your communication, were you specific?

IE, I have been told 2 weeks before repasteurization required, does this mean I need to repasteurize this when I get it?

I see no comment about the contention of timeframe in that email though I do accept this is one of a few emails. All I'm saying is that if someone misunderstands me, I have to accept that I need to be more to the point.

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
Re: High Mountain Compost Sucks at custamer service [Re: utopianglory]
    #2320077 - 02/09/04 11:36 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

HMC isn't expensive :smile:

Try looking into sylvan spawn/compost.  Many people are unfamiliar with this market.  Its not cheap stuff, and good compost will treat you right!

Sorry you had a bad experience.  I hope things work out for you and your project.

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: High Mountain Compost Sucks at customer service [Re: fee]
    #2320500 - 02/10/04 02:54 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

>Well Anno states that this only last for about 2 weeks and after that the bad
> ones start to come back and you can get contaminates.

I don?t recall making this statement, perhaps you can link me to the thread I said that?

What I DID say though is that when I pasteurized straw and/or dung I always got problems when I didn?t use them right after the pasteurization.

I have no idea how this translates to compost though. I personally would use it right away, I don?t have any direct experience with it though.

InvisibleJoshua
Holoman
Male

Loc: The Matrix
    #2320587 - 02/10/04 04:47 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Regardless of the issue with pasteurization, I do think their response was not customer service oriented.

Perhaps they will read this and reconsider the way they respond to their customers.

BTW, how many messages did you send them before they replied to the one you posted?

Joshua

--------------------
The Shroomery Bookstore

Great books for inquiring minds!

"Life After Death is Saprophytic!"

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
    #2320589 - 02/10/04 04:48 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

With all due respect, Fee... I don't ever think it is wise to be too disrespectful towards vendors... at least here on the boards... at least until you check your facts. It is also, not so wise to post any email other than one you wrote yourself.

I imagine if you use the product as advertised, and it contaminates very quickly... you would have a right to complain. But only after you contact the vendor. And only if they do nothing in response.

I only say this because most of the vendors here are very good vendors as well as great people. Two vendors here have sent me free products for no good reason. Just 'cause they know it is good for word of mouth. Both products worked amazingly well. Other vendors here have replaced faulty products for me without hesitation. Two other vendors threw in free stuff with my order for no aparent reason. Not every vendor is perfect, but I am very impressed with the general quality of the vendors here at the Shroomery. They keep each other in check.

Fee, do you realize you failed to put a single question mark in your email? How in the world could HMC answer your questions if you didn't ask any? Your frustration is sound, and you expressed that frustration in your email. Because it lacks questions, your email reads much more harshly than you intended it too.

I think HMC responded in a similar tone to your email. I don't blame them... you sounded pretty rude... on paper.

That said, some of the questions and ideas you posted in this thread are sound... and it seems you may have misunderstood something Anno posted. This is very forgivable.

I checked out the HMC website again and it does read like the compost will be ready to use out of the bag. They make a point to describe their pasturization. No where do they say you need to re-pasturize... I mean the stuff is in a glamorized mycobag... filters and all. Did HMC ever say you need to re-pasturize or was it only Anno's mystery post?

Also Fee, you have come up with a cool idea. If can pasturize the stuff yourself, why not sell dry HMC... or at least sell something with less water? Then HMC can add another product to their catalogue... they could still sell it in 5 and 10 lb batches... but it would cost more.

Good compost is hard to get in some places... and a vendor with more options for the consumer would be appreciated.

How 'bout adding straw to the catalogue HMC?

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Anonymous

Re: High Mountain Compost Sucks at customer service [Re: Rose]
    #2320734 - 02/10/04 08:20 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

I keeped asking them about it and they wouldnt give me a straight answer so that email I posted was the last of about 3 or 4 emails and they didnt respond to any of my questions all I can say is thier costemer service is the worst I have ever seen in my life for 1 they dont answer the questions I ask and for 2 they take a like 4 days to respond. I cant imagine them being on the ball with orders when they cant even respond to emails. I was pissed in that email that they wouldnt even give me an answer thats why thier wasnt any questions in it becouse the email I responded to they didnt answer my pasturization question all they said its good for 4-6 months and I asked the pasturization or your compost period? They didnt answer so I was getting fed up. How long does it take to explain something to do with your product? When I trade shit I give longer explanations I mean thia post right here is 4 time longer than all 3 of thier replies combined. It allmost makes me think they are lazy and dont give a fuck or trying to pull the wool over my eyes, I mean why else wouldnt you respond as clearly as you could about your product when you trying to sell it?
heres my first email
:hey I emailed you under a differnt email addres this is the correct one
how fast can you get 5 pounds of compost here and what would be the total cost my zip is ##### thank you
heres my second
:I was at my moms that doesnt include the cost of the compost? or does it?
thank you
heres my third
:How long will it take to get my compost some people say it takes a month and thats a long time plus pasturization only is good for 2 weeks so how does this work? Thanks for the info
heres my forth
:a pasturized shelf life of 4-6 months? or is just good for 4-6 months and I have to repasturized? Thanks for the info
And they never answered my questions does this make sense to you guys now the post at the top was the fifth. SO THEY SUCK AT CUSTOMER SERVICE do you guys understand now? Sorry they would answer me it sucked and im pissed that someone who sponsers the shroomery cant answer such simple questions about thier product.

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2320763 - 02/10/04 08:41 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

>And they never answered my questions does this make sense to you guys now

It does, it does....
You mail bombed them, man! I can imagine they get more than 1(sorry, 5) emails a day from people, if someone was that annoyingly persistent as you were, I would put him on my ignore list. But they didn?t, they answered every email of yours....

An advice:
When you you are asking a question, ask it, do not pretend you already know the answer, what sense does it make to answer you if your mind is already made up?

And, when you write, use line breaks in your posts and emails.
And short sentences.
They are easier to read.
Much easier.
Really.

Anonymous

Re: High Mountain Compost Sucks at customer service [Re: Anno]
    #2320818 - 02/10/04 09:13 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

>It does, it does....
You mail bombed them, man! I can imagine they get more than 1(sorry, 5) emails a day from people, if someone was that annoyingly persistent as you were, I would put him on my ignore list. But they didn?t, they answered every email of yours....

Anno this was over a 3 week period not one day they cant answer an email within 3 days if that.

>An advice:
When you you are asking a question, ask it, do not pretend you already know the answer, what sense does it make to answer you if your mind is already made up?

Show me where I did this

they did respond to each email but someone said its not good to post someelse email so I didnt

>And, when you write, use line breaks in your posts and emails.
And short sentences.
They are easier to read.
Much easier.
Really.

PM me
this is off topic
really
much better way to get your point across

Invisibleutopianglory
Spunkmuffin
    #2321792 - 02/10/04 07:31 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

fee said:
And they never answered my questions does this make sense to you guys now the post at the top was the fifth. SO THEY SUCK AT CUSTOMER SERVICE do you guys understand now? Sorry they would answer me it sucked and im pissed that someone who sponsers the shroomery cant answer such simple questions about thier product.

I see what you are saying but you seem overly concerned with rubbishing them as soon as you don't get what you want (they didn't answer my question therefore they suck?). It wouldn't have been that hard to have emailed them back and cleared it up straight away. There is no need to jump on here and talk about them like they have done something incredibly wrong. Misunderstandings happen. They were polite even in dismissing you so I'm sure there are some crossed wires somewhere.

I'm not getting on your back or anything but this isn't the first time you've been overly harsh to a vendor, it wasn't that long ago you posted unjustified comments about sporeworks having "weak ass" syringes. You're a cool guy but I think the way you treat the vendors is a little average. Just my two cents.

Anonymous

Re: High Mountain Compost Sucks at customer service [Re: utopianglory]
    #2321973 - 02/10/04 08:20 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

My opinion on how a business'es should handle thier customers is simple that. They ran circles around my questions and never answered them so thats why I made that comment. And I have used many vendors many of times and by far High Mountain Compost was the worst I ever talked too. Sporeworks has great customer service and great products I just find thier syringes weaker than any vendor I have ever gone through and I stated that. I wasnt saying they suck as a company they are a great company I just would never buy one of thier syringes and sorry for my opions. I guess no one respects peoples opion even when the give facts to why they think this way sorry I will never post my opion on vendors again. I geuss people dont like my opions of vendors so I wont give it out anymore does that make it all better.

Oh and RALPH IS THE MAN

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore Injection Grain Bag   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale