Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleBasidiaphilic

Loc: Midwest USA
Re: Agar: Cloning and Isolating? [Re: Josex]
    #23218485 - 05/12/16 02:09 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Josex said:
Quote:

spacechildo said:
you're forgetting about anastomosis Basi..
also dont compare plants to mushrooms, we dont clone clones etc that's no use for us.
re; parents:

Anastomosis is conspicuous by its absence in this thread. It's not even been taken into consideration at all and it plays a humongous role in all this. It's like trying to explain the movements of planets without taking into account gravity and I'm not exaggerating a bit.

Whats the difference between plasmogamy and anastomosis?
And i was only mentioning plants for the genotype vs. phenotype comparison.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Agar: Cloning and Isolating? [Re: Basidiaphilic]
    #23218516 - 05/12/16 02:19 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

We discussed this yesterday here and I'm not feeling inclined to repeat all that was said again feeling kinda lazy today.

If you stand by what you said you'll find that you won't agree with most of what was said there.

Edited by Josex (05/12/16 02:36 PM)

InvisibleKush_Zombie
smug piece of shit
 User Gallery

#23218586 - 05/12/16 02:37 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Thank you Spitball for breaking down the questions I was asking. This all makes a lot more sense to me now. Thank you for your input as well Supal.

--------------------
How to get started in bulk:
Presto 23-Quart Pressure Cooker
BOD's Simple as FUCK Still Air Box
PastyWhyte's Easy Agar Tek
Munchauzen's Cultivation Video Series
How EvilMushroom666 Prepares His Grains (I use jars with Synthetic Filter Discs)
What is G2G? (Grain-to-Grain)
Damion5050's Coir Tek (I use 5.5 - 6 quarts of water instead of 4. Also ignore step 13 and ignore the monotub completely. The only purpose of this tek is to show you how to make a simple substrate. I also add gypsum to it but not necessary)
Spitball's Monotub Tek (A liner isn't necessary but is useful)
Use 6500k lights throughout the whole process. When you wake up, turn the light on. When you go to sleep turn the light off. It's as simple as that.

InvisibleSpitballJedi
Ancient Astronaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nibiru Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Agar: Cloning and Isolating? [Re: Kush_Zombie]
    #23220224 - 05/12/16 09:09 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Kush_Zombie said:
Thank you Spitball for breaking down the questions I was asking. This all makes a lot more sense to me now. Thank you for your input as well Supal.

I try to keep it simple, but it don't always translate.

But, here's my breakdown in more technical terms.

When a single spore germinates and begins to grow a hypha, that hypha is monkaryotic and will not form mushrooms. (plural=hyphae)

When two compatible monkaryotic hyphae fuse to share genetics (anastomosis), they become
dikaryotic and that's what a strain is. With the right genetics and conditions for those genetics, these haphae may be capable of producing sporulating fruit bodies.

Multiple strains can grow side by side and even in the same fruit body while maintaining there separate strain genetics, but still working in concert to produce a fruit body. The actual strains from the pin can be separated and have been by many people.

In other words, individual strains don't have to inseparably fuse together to form a fruit body, but some of the strains may not be able to produce fruit bodies on there own.

To connect this to what I was saying earlier, the multiple strains of a MS pin are growing so tightly together, that the first couple of plates may not have any significant genetic or strain differences from one part of the plate to the other. They were able to produce that fruit together because of close enough similarities in strain genetics at the time. But, given enough time and expansion, the differences will start to appear simply because the mycelium will start growing differently with each strain.

Strains can and do fuse, but not always, and a single fruit from an MS grow will contain multiple strains and multiple strain hybrids from strains fusing together

--------------------
The Basics
A little civility goes a long way

The Noob Forum
The Hammock Hangers' Forum

Edited by SpitballJedi (05/12/16 10:54 PM)

InvisibleSpitballJedi
Ancient Astronaut
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #23220677 - 05/12/16 11:29 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Basidiaphilic said:

My understanding is anastomosis is the fusion of two hyphae, the actual process of fusing the hyphal structure. Plasmogamy is the fusion of the cytoplasm and happens after anastomosis.

--------------------
The Basics

The Noob Forum

Invisiblemupetmower
Mower of Muppets
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here and There
    #23221374 - 05/13/16 06:30 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Josex said:
We discussed this yesterday here and I'm not feeling inclined to repeat all that was said again feeling kinda lazy today.

If you stand by what you said you'll find that you won't agree with most of what was said there.

I linked this in the very first reply to this thread hahah =p

--------------------
-The wise man never stops seeking knowledge.

-I wanna feel the change consume me, feel the outside turning in. I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within.

Edited by mupetmower (05/13/16 06:32 AM)

InvisibleBasidiaphilic

Loc: Midwest USA
Re: Agar: Cloning and Isolating? [Re: SpitballJedi]
    #23221637 - 05/13/16 09:17 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

SpitballJedi said:
Quote:

Basidiaphilic said:

My understanding is anastomosis is the fusion of two hyphae, the actual process of fusing the hyphal structure. Plasmogamy is the fusion of the cytoplasm and happens after anastomosis.

Thanks for clearing that up. Is anyone aware of any publications that document the range of how many individual dikaryotic hyphal filaments form a fruiting body initially using MS? Are we talking 5 separate mycelial (n+n) genotypes twisted into one fruiting body, or hundreds? Just curious if this has been studied, I can't seem to find any legit literature on this.

InvisibleSpitballJedi
Ancient Astronaut
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #23221857 - 05/13/16 10:22 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

If I understand your question correctly, tt would vary depending on how many spores you started with, how many of those became dikaryotic, and how many of those became hybrids and it varies from mushroom to mushroom in a single MS grow. There's no fixed number.

--------------------
The Basics

The Noob Forum

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom