Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Stick arena
    #23212233 - 05/10/16 10:21 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Anyone play or ever played the game called stick arena? I havent played it in years, but it was a very awesome game, the community there is getting small, but im sure if any of you would like the game then maybe it will grow strong again.

Every so often I check their forums, called Forums.xgenstudios.com
I was well known there untill I completely quit it to play League.

Just giving a shoutout to an ole relic of a game I played, take care, and game on.

--------------------
Official:
Facemelter
HyperspaceTraveller
NostalgicGamer

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Stick arena [Re: Chakanooga]
    #23213368 - 05/11/16 07:56 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

xgenstudios was pretty awesome. Played SA when I got sick of the first motherlode. New motherlode is really glitchy though, might be because its designed for phones.

OfflineOrionancient
Hypertransluminist

Re: Stick arena [Re: Kryptos]
    #23214293 - 05/11/16 01:29 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Played both motherboard and Stick arena. Miss them both. Miniclip, the original mass provider of both games, has gone downhill.

Also xgen has as well. I think the age of flash games and Java is mostly over. For instance neopets used to be a massive java/Shockwave and flash based mmo. The game has lost everything from support to ownership to mods nown. The game used to have over a million active players, and now has less then 1000.

Ever since 360 and ps3/4 came around, and I guess 3ds and wii, *grimace*, the online flash based games have gone downhill. People seem to rather blow a day of gaming with good graphics, good systems, tangible games, then flash and Java anymore. Even dos games and pre Nintendo have suffered. Abandoneware used to have about 30k active supporters, and even that had dwindled to less then 3k for old games.

We are in an age of virtual reality and fast paced high end games. People want less and less of the casual stuff.

In fact most games you can even buy in stores now, require a Internet connection to play. With steam, Google play, Xbox and Playstation stores, most people are relying more and more on purely online interfaces and stuff. And very few know or care about the old stuff.

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Stick arena [Re: Orionancient]
    #23216137 - 05/11/16 10:21 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Kryptos said:
xgenstudios was pretty awesome. Played SA when I got sick of the first motherlode. New motherlode is really glitchy though, might be because its designed for phones.

I played motherload a little bit, but I liked defend your castle better.

Quote:

Orionancient said:
Played both motherboard and Stick arena. Miss them both. Miniclip, the original mass provider of both games, has gone downhill.

Also xgen has as well. I think the age of flash games and Java is mostly over. For instance neopets used to be a massive java/Shockwave and flash based mmo. The game has lost everything from support to ownership to mods nown. The game used to have over a million active players, and now has less then 1000.

Ever since 360 and ps3/4 came around, and I guess 3ds and wii, *grimace*, the online flash based games have gone downhill. People seem to rather blow a day of gaming with good graphics, good systems, tangible games, then flash and Java anymore. Even dos games and pre Nintendo have suffered. Abandoneware used to have about 30k active supporters, and even that had dwindled to less then 3k for old games.

We are in an age of virtual reality and fast paced high end games. People want less and less of the casual stuff.

In fact most games you can even buy in stores now, require a Internet connection to play. With steam, Google play, Xbox and Playstation stores, most people are relying more and more on purely online interfaces and stuff. And very few know or care about the old stuff.

Good response, I also think xgen went downhill due to the fact skye died, and their biggest chance of getting one of their games featured on one of the big counsels, but I think it flopped.

Still, stick arena has potential, there are a lot of hackers in the game, but thats every game, its just the mods are giving up and not doing shit.

--------------------
Official:
Facemelter
HyperspaceTraveller
NostalgicGamer

OfflineOrionancient
Hypertransluminist

#23216143 - 05/11/16 10:24 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Oh yes I was an avid hacker. It was fun to just rape other players, but I did take it seriously too and play without hacks

OfflineKryptos
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Stick arena [Re: Orionancient]
    #23219186 - 05/12/16 04:55 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I remember playing neopets on my family's old, shitty desktop. Couldn't run flash, so all I did was gamble with the daily freebies and try to grab stuff off the giving tree, on dialup...

I don't think the "death" of java and flash is necessarily a bad thing. It forces innovation. Sure, they were both awesome at the time and had plenty of potential, but so was the model T and a 20 mph speed limit. The key is to take that potential and run with it. Think nascar is boring now? imagine the "deadliest crash of the century" being both people walking away, but one with a sprained ankle because they collided at just barely double the speed of the fastest runner in the world.

I don't watch nascar, and I take no pleasure in other people's suffering. I'm coasting on what the internet tells me here.

InvisibleSludgeCity
I Am The Beast I Worship

Loc: Bottomless Pit Flag
    #23221340 - 05/13/16 06:13 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

:hellyeah:
Stick Arena was the shit.
Miss them days of gaming. :sad:

--------------------
:trippinballs: CHOOSE THIS LIFE YOU'RE ON YOUR OWN :trippinballs:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals