Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
Re: The Power of Love [Re: locopunta]
    #2321210 - 02/10/04 01:06 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Love is indeed quite powerful. It is wonderful to see happiness here.

Of course, it is my only wish that the both of you be happy. However, I feel the need to extend some caution. This sort of Love has a powerful way of propelling people in all sorts of directions. It is a warm feeling of lost control, and it is an image freedom that we all long for deeply in our hearts. So long as this feeling exists between two individuals, it feels as though there will never again be suffering and problems. And this is true. Love functions to oppose suffering and problems.

However, because we are imperfect beings, this kind of love is always subject to contamination. It is simply not enough to be together and enjoy this feeling always. The task of two people in love with eachother in the way that's been described here is first to establish the authenticity of the experience. Once that has been established, it must be considered the long term objective of the relationship to keep that love pure, free from attachment.

Love and attachment are two seperate attributes of any relationship. Love is entirely selfless. It has only concern for the other. Attachment is entirely selfish. It has only concern for the self. If your partner does something to irritate you, that is a sign that there is attachment to that person. The mind of irritation functions to oppose the behaviour of others. It says "I do not want you to behave this way", and is therefore selfish. It is safe to say that in the future, both locopunta skoomaguitarist will quarrel with eachother. This is only attachment appearing. It is natural, and to be expected, but: do not allow attachment to consume your love. If attachment is allowed to grow, it will poison the love inside each of your hearts, and you will experience nothing but despair. Always be aware of the experiences in your relationship. Always oppose attachment. Always cultivate love and acceptance.

It is my only wish in composing this that you never encounter despair, and have only the utmost happiness. Personally, I feel that had this wisdom been imparted to me much earlier, I could have avoided enormous degrees of suffering and hardship. Bless you both.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineskoomaguitarist
pathetique

Loc: superfailure
Re: The Power of Love [Re: Ped]
    #2321439 - 02/10/04 02:13 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Thank you for the advice, Ped. I have lurked for some time, and considered you a decent fellow, and this just confirms my suspicions.  :wink:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags, Contam-Resistant All-In-One Grow Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds