Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]
OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Loc: The Zero Point Field
Re: Weird things philosophers do in their spare time! [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2319771 - 02/09/04 10:02 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Yes, MM put it in perspective. I'm not saying you are bad or anything. I know that you are just posting your thoughts. That's why I predicated my statements with "might" be ADHD, but that you might just be being you, and that it's just with regard to Christianity.

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Weird things philosophers do in their spare time! [Re: Swami]
    #2319780 - 02/09/04 10:04 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Weird things philosophers do in their spare time! [Re: ]
    #2319796 - 02/09/04 10:09 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

My mom always told me that my plays on words were a symptom of mental illness.  Something else I am working on are puns to the second degree (read puns squared)

example           

What is a comedy production performed on a stage made of dictionaries called?  A play on words. :lol:

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2319801 - 02/09/04 10:13 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

lol, no, dont feel bad for not responding. Its very hard for me to communicate with people about what i think or feel, often times im very burdened by emotional reactions, and its hard for me to form coherent responses when my emotions cloud my judgement.

Maybe i just remember all the bad experiences when learning in school, maybe its cause i had very little good experiences with teachers... *scratches head*

Strangely my most sound posts ive had on here have been when im drunk. My mind thinks fine, im just as happy as can be and no worries, the words just float out.

I think a large part of that has to do with trust issues, i wont usually open up to people i dont know too well, maybe i see them as a threat, but that usually keeps me from getting out the point. Its good you posted this! It makes me feel re assured. sometimes i just need that little nudge to know that im not alone, that someones their.

:heart:

----

I got a 17 on the test Frog. What kind of relationship did you see between autism and ADHD?

--------------------
What?

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Weird things philosophers do in their spare time! [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2319820 - 02/09/04 10:21 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Quote:

Zero7a1 said:
I got a 17 on the test Frog. What kind of relationship did you see between autism and ADHD?

Along the same spectrum of "disorders" on which ADHD lies are disorders such as Autism, Aspergers, Bipolar, and Schizophrenia. 

Generally, when you have a person with ADHD, you may also find some other, overlapping symptoms, from these other "disorders". 

The test for which I posted the link is a test for Asperger's, which is considered a highly functioning form of Autism.  It is thought that Einstein was both ADHD and Asperger's. 

When you wrote that one post that prompted me to post the link to the test, you said some things that both an ADHD person and a person with Asperger's might have said. 

A score of 17 doesn't mean you are definitely Asperger's, but it shows that you probably have some Asperger's symptoms, just not real strong symptoms.  Also, since you scored 17, you probably are ADHD.

I scored 33 on the Asperger's test.  I have been diagnosed as both ADHD and Bipolar II.  I am "disordered", but I am really smart, too.  :grin:

--------------------
The day will come when, after harnessing the ether, the winds, the tides, gravitation, we shall harness for God the energies of love. And, on that day, for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.  -Teilard

OfflineDoctorJ
Male

Loc: space
    #2319824 - 02/09/04 10:21 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

well, lets see...

I talk to myself constantly. I can put up with the internalized monologue when other people are around, but when I'm by myself I always want to speak out loud, like physically saying the words makes them more real somehow. Its also easier to analyze my thoughts that way, because I'm listening to them as I have them. Kinda like biofeedback, I guess. Well, its caused a lot of embarrasing situations, of course, because people do catch me sometimes.

I also zone out in monotonous situations and visit other realities I have concocted for myself as kinds of mental playgrounds. I have quite a few different realities with running storylines and charcters in them. Maybe I'll write them down someday, but I'd rather smoke pot, and no one wants to hear my crazy delusions anyway.

I also find myself mentally drifting from person to person in crowded places, seeing the world through other people's eyes. It is a strange experience which has left me scarred by many personality traits that do not belong to me.

sometimes I lay on my couch and let my cat sit on my stomach. I just stare up at the ceiling and do absolutely nothing for hours.

And i socialize with a lot of people that I really dont like, just so I can study their habits, and maybe plant a few seeds of my own . (Dont get me wrong, I do have quite a few good friends that are really great people and deserve recognition- thanks guys! you know who you are)

Invisiblesilversoul7
Chill the FuckOut!
 User Gallery

Loc: mndfreeze's puppet army
Re: Weird things philosophers do in their spare time! [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2319827 - 02/09/04 10:22 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I talk to myself a lot, too. I've heard that's supposed to be some sign of insanity. Oh well.

--------------------

"It is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong."--Voltaire

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Weird things philosophers do in their spare time! [Re: silversoul7]
    #2319833 - 02/09/04 10:25 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I burst into random fits of scat and jibberish, but I never really talk to myself.

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Weird things philosophers do in their spare time! [Re: Frog]
    #2320220 - 02/10/04 12:22 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

BTW: Anyone can take a test to determine if he/she is ADHD by going to the following link:

http://www.mindfixers.com/newhope.html

--------------------

OfflineRenegade8
Niggar please

Loc: Orange County
Re: Weird things philosophers do in their spare time! [Re: DoctorJ]
    #2320434 - 02/10/04 02:04 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Yeah, I talk to myself out loud constantly when no one's around.  No shit it's embarassing when people catch me, especially 'cause I also answer myself.  It does seem to help me work out my thoughts, especially when I'm driving.

It probably is a sign of insanity, but I already know I'm fucked in the head, so fuck it.  :crazy2:

--------------------
I'm just see-through faded, super jaded, and out of my mind. - R.I.P. Layne

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
Re: Weird things philosophers do in their spare time! [Re: Swami]
    #2320612 - 02/10/04 05:33 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Some poor sap was killed in his kitchen a month back when his blender exploded and the flying glass cut his jugular. How weird is that?

Should have read that warning label a few more times :nonono:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisiblejpod
Stranger

Loc: DeeSee
Re: Weird things philosophers do in their spare time! [Re: Frog]
    #2320634 - 02/10/04 06:26 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I have the weird habit of decontructing sounds and thinking about how to go about creating them again in terms of sound design. Sometimes it will be so strong that in the middle of a conversation, I will hear a sound and start thinking about it, and will completely forget that I am being spoken to.

BTW Frog, I scored a 40 on that AQ test. I have been diagnosed with both Asperger's and ADHD and different times in my life, so I guess I should have expected a high score.

OfflineFrog
Warrior
Female User Gallery

Re: Weird things philosophers do in their spare time! [Re: jpod]
    #2320686 - 02/10/04 07:49 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

jpod, thank you for telling me that you have ADHD and Asperger's. I have a really unique brain, probably due to ADHD and Asperger's. There aren't too many people with this combined condition. I would love to chat with you some time.

--------------------

OfflinephEight
fate
Loc: houston, tx
    #2321447 - 02/10/04 02:15 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I got a 24 on that test, and recently, I have been thinking I may have some sort of symptoms of ADD, I can't pay attention while I read, thoughts cloud my mind enough to the point where I'm reading and I'm just sort of saying the words in my head without paying attention to them whatsoever... I also in more than a few occasions find myself gazing at things around me, and fall into deep thoughts instead of listening to say, a lecture from the teacher.

I haven't been to a doctor or anything about it... I find that I can live with it, but my grades do suffer somewhat because of it.

Nice thread btw, Mr. Mushrooms.

--------------------
"Is it so bad, then, to be misunderstood? Pythagoras was misunderstood, and Socrates, and Jesus, and Luther, and Copernicus, and Galileo, and Newton, and every pure and wise spirit that ever took flesh. To be great is to be misunderstood." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

Anonymous

Re: Weird things philosophers do in their spare time! [Re: phEight]
    #2321455 - 02/10/04 02:17 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

- Post History Deleted Upon User's Request -

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2324797 - 02/11/04 03:14 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Wow.. we are all crazy. :nut:

Saying weird shit out loud? Definitely. Less so when I'm around people that I probably wouldn't want to tend to.. but all kinds of shit. Even singing. All sorts of crazy and insane stuff comes out.

I've played out conversations before in my head. Oh ja. All sorts of "mental playgrounds", as Doctor J put it. hehe. I suposse watching the Simpsons every day doesn't help....

If I made the conscious decision to go insane, it wouldn't take very long. I've had to construct order out of the chaos... my thoughts are interconnected WAY too much. This can come out as play on words, or something, it just depends if I focus it on that... my mind is this huge fucking blob that can fit any mold necessary...

When I was younger, I had this thing. Going up and down stairs, I would set up a pattern. I don't remember exactly what I would do, but there was two different ones and I would alternate every time. Often I would have to stop before going up to recall which one it was time for...

My imagination is very powerful. I really want to get into writing scripts when I am older, like WAY older, when the music thing is done and I'm old.. I believe I could pull off some amazing stuff.

But basically I've been becoming more focused on reality and using it all to aid me in that.. it seems whenever I start to really float away, like towards bed time or whatever, people I am talking to start taking what I am saying for things that they aren't... I focus more on JUST my reality, and that is when I become more insane. :lol:

But I just like to think about all sorts of things... to most people, that would classify as "weird". :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2324909 - 02/11/04 03:50 PM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I like to strangle and choke my purple helmeted soldier of love until it vomits.

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3  [ show all ]

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds