Home | Community | Message Board

Fairy Ring Spores
Please support our sponsors.

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Funny Shroom Tale from Wales
    #2318391 - 02/09/04 05:33 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Just posted several new pages of news items at my web-site.

First here is one funny tale from Wales and lord have they got a lot of strange names for their townships and country villages.

Thursday 22 November 1996

Darts Team Hit By Magic Mushrooms
Paul Stokes

A DARTS match had to be abandoned after 10 members of the visiting team began hallucinating after unwittingly eating home-baked cakes laced with "magic mushrooms."

The ten had tucked intot he traditional flour-covered Welsh cakes given to them earlier at an unrelated event at a club in Trecenydd.

It was only after the Caerphilly team began playing in a Glamorgen Super League away game at Llanharry on Tuesday that the added ingredient became evident.

Bemused Pontyclun opponents watched as players began behaving oddly, some in paroxysms of laughter and others in tears as the hallucinogenic drug psilocybin took effect.

Ten players, aged 21 to 62, were taken to hospital. Three of them with heart conditions were still detained yesterday while the rest were released.

Four players who were unaffected had apparently declined the cakes becasue they were dieting.

Before the match, the Caerphilly team members had met their usual venue at Fortyninecorrect Club. Detectives believe most of them ate some of the food which had been left over form an 18th birthday party held there.

The players then set off to play the super league game against at the Fox and Hounds public house ten miles away Mid-Glamorgan, on Shrove Tuesday evei ning.

"They started laughing and giggling and some burstinto tears. They were falling down, sitting on the floor and just acting plain stupid."

Dennis Morgan, 45, Captain of the Caerphilly team, said: "My team just started going down like ninepins. One minute we were winning 3-1 and confident of victory, the next it all started to go wrong. It was as if all of my team were dead drunk. It was really weird."

Morgan continued, "I only had half a cake and wasn't affected as badly as the rest of the team. I just felt dizzy and out-of-sorts but some of them were a bit greedy and scoffed seven cakes. They were in a terrible state."

Mr. Morgan, a chemical worker, from the Penyrheol, Caerphilly, added: "We called in at our club before we left and ate the cakes which were handed to us by some youngsters.

"The cakes were delicious but none of us would have enjoyed them if we knew what was in them."

"They didn't take effect for about two hours - and by that time we were on our way to a win against one of the best teams in the league." A South Wales Police spokesman said they had recovered one of the cakes which was being examined by forensic scientists.

A local man of 39 and a woman aged 19 were being held in custody at Caerphilly police station yesterday in connect with the incident.

and here are some other newswothy items from the UK

and also Carlos Castaneda's Obituary on the froon page of the shroom guides species index at my site.

and have a shroom day

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Re: Funny Shroom Tale from Wales [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2321948 - 02/10/04 10:11 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

:smile: Sheeeez :lol: :lol: :lol:

That is interesting how the shrooms were "baked" in the cake recipe like that. I read somewhere that you can ground up dried shrooms and add them into your cake recipe, bake them in the oven, and the resulting bread will make you trip..?
-But then i asked this question at mycotopia and they said that the psychoactive properties would not survive the high temps of the oven..?

Anyways, i'm on a 6 day-hiatus from mycotopia, they don't all know that yet because i stormed out of there yesterday after the valentines day topic/incident. Claiming i was leaving forever. :grin:

Little do they know, I'll be over here at the shroomry on a 6 day self-perscribed probational period from going into mycotopia until the smoke clears.

I'm recruiting shroom-girlies for the easter-bunny contest, and when i come back to topia with much surprise everyone will praise me for my efforts and they will love me even more than before because ill have a bunch of shroom-girlies with me mjshroomer.

Keep shroomin,

Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Funny Shroom Tale from Wales [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2325476 - 02/11/04 08:17 PM (12 years, 8 months ago)

Funny but still not cool to make people trip without them knowing. Probably not too good for the legal status of shrooms either...even tho the samething could happen if they were illegal.

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Feedback and Administration >> Shroomery News Service