Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineStilLLostAtSea
SearchTheForum1st
Warm water misting to help with constant low SGFC temp? NOT ASKING about Humidifiers- Help me
    #23183735 - 05/03/16 10:32 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I moved to a new home and my SGFC is staying in the low 60's. I was concerned about issues with contam growth if I tried to use warm water misting instead of cool tap water as I have always done. I use the forum search often and have found incredible amounts of information to match also the amount of stupid repeat questions. I have been searching the forums for a few hours and created this account because I cannot find any viable information in regards to whether or not misting and fanning with warmer water may help temps, or whether perlite level will help sustain a more regular temperature. If I can bring the temperature of the perlite up before the evening hours, would that help regulate. And in closing, is this even a valid concern? e.g. How much will these cooler temps affect pinning time and overall fruiting in general.

I have 5 inches of perlite per RR.
I am maintaining 60 to 66 degree temps.
Fruiting p.c.

Thanks in advance-
Signed- First time poster

Edited by StilLLostAtSea (05/15/16 09:22 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBasidiaphilic

Loc: Midwest USA
Re: Warm water misting to help with constant low SGFC temp? NOT ASKING about Humidifiers- Help me RR [Re: StilLLostAtSea]
    #23183811 - 05/03/16 10:50 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I can't answer all your questions about low temp. effecting pinning/fruiting, but cubes will still fruit at 60F, at least they do outside in my yard when the temp high is at 60F in the fall. Also, I use a seed germination (heating pad) under the bin, to have control of my bin temps, and it works great.

OfflineStilLLostAtSea
SearchTheForum1st
Re: Warm water misting to help with constant low SGFC temp? NOT ASKING about Humidifiers- Help me RR [Re: Basidiaphilic]
    #23183833 - 05/03/16 10:55 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I am not using a monotub, I have a SGFC. Heating the bin from underneath heats the perlite and in turn dries out humidity levels and reverses the math behind the design of of the chamber. I appreciate the thought but I do not want to use a heating device with the shotgun system.

StilLLostAtSea

InvisibleBasidiaphilic

Loc: Midwest USA
Re: Warm water misting to help with constant low SGFC temp? NOT ASKING about Humidifiers- Help me RR [Re: StilLLostAtSea]
    #23183909 - 05/03/16 11:18 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

You could always add water to the perlite. But i really don't think you will have any issues @60F, maybe just a little slower fruit development.

InvisibleMad Season
hookers and blackjack
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #23183924 - 05/03/16 11:22 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Good call man. Heating pads are shitty at getting things right because the closer you are to the heat source, the hotter it is. Almost impossible to keep the entire chamber the same temp. Can it be done? Sure. But it isn't what noobies should be doing.

Lots recommend heating the room using oil burning heaters or space heaters. Me personally, I have 60-65 a lot during winter and had 0 issues. As long as it's above 60, you don't need to stress about temp.

So really either keep on doing what you're doing and spray with regular water, or heat the room.

--------------------
contam and car window art
How to shroomery like a pro! (Seriously, everyone read this!)
Improve your sterile techniques! (A comprehensive guide to agar)
Links upon links of literally EVERYTHING UP TO DATE

AMU Q&A
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

InvisibleMunchauzen
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #23183932 - 05/03/16 11:24 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

StilLLostAtSea said:
I am not using a monotub, I have a SGFC. Heating the bin from underneath heats the perlite and in turn dries out humidity levels and reverses the math behind the design of of the chamber. I appreciate the thought but I do not want to use a heating device with the shotgun system.

StilLLostAtSea

spot on. also, it would block any air from entering the chamber at the bottom.

60s is fine. don't worry about heating anything. just let em fruit normally.

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #23184085 - 05/03/16 12:11 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

StilLLostAtSea said:
And in closing, is this even a valid concern?

Nope

Offlineanodyne
stoner
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #23184117 - 05/03/16 12:20 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I think seed mats could be viable if used properly. you're already elevating your SGFC anyway...or at least you should be if you're using it right. Having a seedling mat then elevating the SGFC 6" above it wouldn't cause that much of a difference in evaporation,I wouldn't think, and would warm the air being drawn into the chamber.

--------------------
:zombie2::zombie3::zombie4::zombie5::zombie6::mspoil::msmummy::msguerrilla::mspy::mspy2::sasquatch::msjap:

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

Loc: 12" down Europe's butthole
Re: Warm water misting to help with constant low SGFC temp? NOT ASKING about Humidifiers- Help me RR [Re: anodyne]
    #23184222 - 05/03/16 12:35 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

How long has it been since RR stopped posting? a year? 2? Still get newbies addressing threads to him directly. :rofl:

I grow around the 60F temp as well in winter, kinda slow but it still gets done. One advantage with low temps is that you lower the activity of thermophilic molds and bacteria.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #23184612 - 05/03/16 01:58 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

If u really want to increase the heat of the SGFC, i would suggest buying a oil-filled electric radiator. Completely silent, no fans. Just radiates heat.

They are kinda spendy but good for sleeping next to at nite.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

OfflineStilLLostAtSea
SearchTheForum1st

Re: Warm water misting to help with constant low SGFC temp? NOT ASKING about Humidifiers- Help me RR [Re: Supalemonhaze]
    #23184807 - 05/03/16 02:49 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Supalemonhaze said:
How long has it been since RR stopped posting? a year? 2? Still get newbies addressing threads to him directly. :rofl:

Yep just made an account to ask this question, definitely not a regular poster, just a reader. Like all the pros want us to do, read. More than happy to accept information from any active member with a clue.

Thanks again- got what I needed.

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

Loc: 12" down Europe's butthole
    #23184822 - 05/03/16 02:53 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

You're actually lucky that he is unactive, I saw a post from him once saying that he locks threads that ask for him personally. :rofl: Can't blame him really, he's awesome and all but folks seem to think he makes miracles or something.

InvisibleMunchauzen
 User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Warm water misting to help with constant low SGFC temp? NOT ASKING about Humidifiers- Help me RR [Re: Supalemonhaze]
    #23184860 - 05/03/16 03:01 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Simple Definition of cult of personality
: see 'RogerRabbit'

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds