Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinegolden.student
Stranger

small mushrooms in jar
    #23175332 - 05/01/16 08:24 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

I've been reading mixed feedback about how to best proceed so I figure I'll post my pics and see what you guys think.

This is my first grow, pf tek. Ive got a jar approx 90% colonized that has just started growing "small baby mushrooms" in the jar (pic attached below)

I was figuring at least another week for full colonization + consolidation of substrate. Should I still follow this same protocol or doing something different now that baby shrooms are growing? I imagine ode baby shrooms will be much bigger in a week.

Thanks for helping out this very grateful noob :smile:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemupetmower
Mower of Muppets
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here and There
Re: small mushrooms in jar [Re: golden.student]
    #23175365 - 05/01/16 08:41 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

yeah, when i had this happen in a few of my jars, i was told that once they start forming pins, it is time to birth. just rinse all the uncolonized sub off, and dunk and roll as usual. oh and pic that big guy off, because he will prolly abort. but yeah, i did this with 5/6 of my cakes(i had the wrong jars, the tall half pints instead of the wide, like you have, so they slowed growth before hitting the bottom, and starting pinning up top), and all 5 turned out fine, and fruited well.

:thumbup:

--------------------
-The wise man never stops seeking knowledge.

-I wanna feel the change consume me, feel the outside turning in. I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within.

Offlinegolden.student
Stranger

Re: small mushrooms in jar [Re: mupetmower]
    #23183378 - 05/03/16 08:57 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Thanks so much man!

Ive just birthed the cake and it's now soaking Submerged in cold water. I will place this is fruiting chamber in 24 hours.

Please see my additional pic below. These are the "baby shrooms" that grew inside the jar. Are these psychoactive and/or safe to eat after drying or do I just toss this in the trash?

Wow as a noob this is really pretty damn exciting to see any growth at all. Lots to learn in this new hobby :smile:

Thanks again for your guidance, I really do appreciate it.

Invisiblemupetmower
Mower of Muppets
Male User Gallery

Loc: Here and There
Re: small mushrooms in jar [Re: golden.student]
    #23183410 - 05/03/16 09:03 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

yeah those are fine to eat, and are active =] i have a big pin in my last jar right now, that i need to birth today:

but yeah, in-vitro pins are active and fine to eat :thumbup:

Edit - and no problem, man. im glad i could help even if only a little. this is an amazing community, and i got all the information i know from here.

--------------------
-The wise man never stops seeking knowledge.

-I wanna feel the change consume me, feel the outside turning in. I wanna feel the metamorphosis and cleansing I've endured within.

Edited by mupetmower (05/03/16 09:04 AM)

Offlinegolden.student
Stranger

Re: small mushrooms in jar [Re: mupetmower]
    #23183689 - 05/03/16 10:22 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

very cool, and thanks for sharing your pic, looking nice!

:mushroom2: :tongue2:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate