Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineTeknion
Interloper

Misting A Casing That Has Lots Of Pins....
    #2317066 - 02/09/04 08:11 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

So my friend of a friend had a dry casing before things pinned. He misted it lightly twice that day, and the next day was rewarded with pins.

Now he's always had 100% humidity in the terranium but after a few days the casing of coir and verm starts to go light brown. Now his casing is litterally full of pins, but has about a dozen which are growing faster than rest.... He doesn't want these to abort due to low casing humidity, but at the same time, he doesn't want to wreck the pins by getting too much water on them....

He's been misting lightly twice daily, but spraying the air above the casing, as opposed to directly misting the casing.

Now he's got a lot of pins which have the white fuzzies.

Since pins are almost level with the casing layer, it's hard for him to spray the casing directly and avoid the pins....

Should he still mist up, or will that cause more fuzzy white myc to grow on the pin's caps?

He just wants to avoid too many aborts one way or the other, cuz right now the potential of his casing is looking sweeet

--------------------
"A drug person can deal with things like seeing they're dead grandmother crawling up they're leg with a knife in her teeth but no one should be asked to handle this trip"

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinemitemouse
Student

Re: Misting A Casing That Has Lots Of Pins.... [Re: Teknion]
    #2317450 - 02/09/04 11:01 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Well you could always use a syringe to water where there are no pins. Thats the method i have been using.

OfflineTeknion
Interloper

Re: Misting A Casing That Has Lots Of Pins.... [Re: mitemouse]
    #2317458 - 02/09/04 11:03 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Hmmm, that might not be a bad idea.....

He could also possibly take the mister and put it on stream instead of mist, and give a small spray on the casing layer where pins aren't.....

--------------------
"A drug person can deal with things like seeing they're dead grandmother crawling up they're leg with a knife in her teeth but no one should be asked to handle this trip"

Offlineforevrgrounded98
Stranger

#2317497 - 02/09/04 11:15 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

That is exactly what I've been doing, I just use the stream nozzle instead of the mist nozzle. I have a problem with my casings drying out some when I have them under the flouro's so I just wet the spots that need to be wet. Sometimes I mist the whole casing regardless of mushrooms or pins and it hasn't hurt anything up to this point.
-matt

--------------------
"If I don't see ya before the end of this one, I'll meet ya in the next one and don't be late" - Jimi Hendrix

OfflineTeknion
Interloper

Re: Misting A Casing That Has Lots Of Pins.... [Re: forevrgrounded98]
    #2317532 - 02/09/04 11:24 AM (20 years, 1 month ago)

What can happen to mushrooms that have fuzzy myc on their caps? Can it rot or anything like that?

--------------------

Anonymous

#2317735 - 02/09/04 12:18 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

that is mycilium and means you have to high of humidity

OfflineTeknion
Interloper

Re: Misting A Casing That Has Lots Of Pins.... [Re: fee]
    #2317838 - 02/09/04 12:48 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

Yeah, he's got 100% humidity in there.... He'll have to see how he can fix that.... He's using two trays of water/perlite/bubblers.... He's just afraid that removing one tray will lower the RH too much....

--------------------

Anonymous

#2317921 - 02/09/04 01:08 PM (20 years, 1 month ago)

casing rh should be around 85% anyway

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck