Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineStill_tripping
Lord yes!

Loc: A small hot country
Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: RualDuke]
    #23129758 - 04/18/16 05:50 AM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Firstly I would point out that there is no easy way to influence the potency of any multi-spore grow and secondly I'd suggest it dosen't matter much. You'll find you soon have more shrooms than you can use so whatever the potency turns out to be you can always adjust the dosage to compensate.
What I'd suggest as a first time grower is to avoid those strains and varieties that are known to be difficult to grow since having a successful grow is far more important to you at this stage than worrying about the differences between strains. Any of the normal cubensis strains will be about the same, you may want to avoid Penis Envy to start. A+, B+, Golden Teacher, Puerto Ricans, etc, etc, are all good. 
That said there can be significant differences in potency from one grow to the next but it is a toss up with multi-spore grows and can depend on a number of factors that as a beginner you are probably not ready to handle as yet. Don't worry though because if you follow the teks to start you will have success and you will achieve your goal.

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleBunji Fungi
Enthusiast
 User Gallery

Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: Still_tripping]
    #23148627 - 04/23/16 10:08 PM (7 years, 11 months ago)

Here are a couple of pictures of my LCs. I have four jars. I shook two of them yesterday. I thought I remembered which ones, but now I'm not so sure. Regardless, 2 of the jars look nice and fluffy like the picture above, and 2 look weak and wispy like the other picture. Prior to shaking they all looked healthy. Does anyone think these wispy ones are contaminated? How long should I wait for them to recover before tossing them?

OfflineRualDuke
Stranger

Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: Still_tripping]
    #23178413 - 05/01/16 11:45 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks , do you have any particular cite you use to get spores? I've noticed some cites on here don't ship to my area

OfflineDcsmokedown91
Stranger

Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: RualDuke]
    #23178590 - 05/02/16 01:07 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Glad to join

Offlinemarkymarket
Stranger
Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: Dcsmokedown91]
    #23178840 - 05/02/16 04:54 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Somebody please help. This is my third grow. The second was unsuccessful due to having to toss them suddenly.  These have been in the fc for about 3 days now and this white "fuzz " keeps getting bigger. I want to believe it's mycelium but if I could get someone who is expert to put me at ease I'd greatly appreciate it.

OfflineStill_tripping
Lord yes!

#23179263 - 05/02/16 08:30 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

RualDuke said:
Thanks , do you have any particular cite you use to get spores? I've noticed some cites on here don't ship to my area

All the Shroomery sponsors are supposed to be good.

--------------------

OfflineStill_tripping
Lord yes!

Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: markymarket]
    #23179275 - 05/02/16 08:36 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

markymarket said:
Somebody please help. This is my third grow. The second was unsuccessful due to having to toss them suddenly.  These have been in the fc for about 3 days now and this white "fuzz " keeps getting bigger. I want to believe it's mycelium but if I could get someone who is expert to put me at ease I'd greatly appreciate it.

Dosen't look good. I'm thinking you have bacterial growth going on but you should wait for some more knowledgeable opinions on it.

What have you got your cakes sitting on? It looks like a verm & coir mixture. It is supposed to be 3" to 4" of perlite in a SGFC.

--------------------

Offlinemarkymarket
Stranger
    #23179470 - 05/02/16 09:40 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

:sad:

that's not what i was hoping to hear. would an h202 dunk work you think?

i have it sitting on verm and  peat moss mix. the first grow was awesome on it. the second i used perlite and just couldn't make it work ( my own doing of course, i've seen the step by step and great results of perlite)

InvisibleSpitballJedi
Ancient Astronaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: Nibiru Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: markymarket]
    #23181259 - 05/02/16 06:16 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Looks like some aerial myc and bacteria.

I can't say for sure it's bacterial because sitting your cakes directly on anything that's always wet can cause them to water-log which can lead to your cakes looking the way they do. I'm also terrible at spotting some contams in pics, especially bacteria. How do they smell? your cakes should smell mushroomy.

You may have had success with the peat, but it was probably just luck. It doesn't really do anything for the cakes sitting on top of it and creates a nice little place for contamination to start growing. Many contams love peat, so it has to be prepped properly to avoid them.

Basic Principles of the Shotgun Fruiting Chamber (SGFC)

--------------------
The Basics
A little civility goes a long way

The Noob Forum
The Hammock Hangers' Forum

Offlinemarkymarket
Stranger
Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: SpitballJedi]
    #23182927 - 05/03/16 05:19 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

that makes alot of sense now that i take 2 seconds to think about it. Thank you. well ill give em another day or so and if anything ill try and remedy the problem. If theyre already ruined i have nothing to lose.

thanks for the help. hopefully i can get past these rookie mistakes lol

Offlinemctaveesh
StrangerInAStrangeLand
Male

Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: LostWoods]
    #23208629 - 05/10/16 02:51 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

You got all the supplies in this Tek for $155?

I just ask because I'm trying to estimate what I'll need to start growing.

Someone said I wouldn't be able to do PF-Tek with a budget of around $200

--------------------

LogicaL Chaos said:
"humans are like cubes, lots of strains but cubes a cube. Not much difference really."

InvisibleSpitballJedi
Ancient Astronaut
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: mctaveesh]
    #23209754 - 05/10/16 10:36 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

SGFC should cost less than $20 US including tote and perlite
BRF cakes should cost less than $10 for a bag of verm and BRF
A rack of 12 1/2 pint wide-mouth jars is about $10

Then, all you need is the spores and a pot for steam sterilizing and another for keeping extra boiling water.

So, you can do PF tek for less than $100 depending on availability of materials. Check thrift stores for pots and jars, too. Amazon has free shipping on orders over $49.

--------------------
The Basics

The Noob Forum

Offlinemctaveesh
StrangerInAStrangeLand
Male

Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: SpitballJedi]
    #23210974 - 05/10/16 04:36 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks. :smile:

--------------------

LogicaL Chaos said:
"humans are like cubes, lots of strains but cubes a cube. Not much difference really."

OfflineFractaliopsybe
⊰⚜⊱
Other User Gallery

Loc: ☮☣✯ Flag
Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: mctaveesh]
    #23232518 - 05/16/16 05:26 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------
Psilocybe Cubensis.:mushroom2:Panaeolus Cyanescens.:mushroom2:Psilocybe Subaeruginosa. Dimethyltryptamine.:deemsters:

OfflineAstrofan
Stranger
Male

Loc: Texas
Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: clubbase]
    #23304926 - 06/03/16 08:26 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Nice

Invisiblestareatclouds
star eat clouds?
 Unread Journal User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
    #23305097 - 06/03/16 09:06 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

SpitballJedi said:
SGFC should cost less than $20 US including tote and perlite
BRF cakes should cost less than $10 for a bag of verm and BRF
A rack of 12 1/2 pint wide-mouth jars is about $10

Then, all you need is the spores and a pot for steam sterilizing and another for keeping extra boiling water.

So, you can do PF tek for less than $100 depending on availability of materials. Check thrift stores for pots and jars, too. Amazon has free shipping on orders over $49.

You're forgetting another, likely bigger tote for SAB, drill bits for the holes in SGFC (not everyone has those), hole saw for SAB arm holes (other methods suck, IMO),  gypsum, extra jars/rings to stack in a pot, isopropyl alcohol, nitrile gloves, face mask, spray bottle, micropore/surgical tape, etc.

There's a bunch of small things you left out that add up the price a little bit. I didn't have any of that when I started and had to buy them all fresh.

InvisibleSpitballJedi
Ancient Astronaut
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: stareatclouds]
    #23305248 - 06/03/16 09:51 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Yes, different people have different things already and some of that stuff on your list is pretty common or can be borrowed.

Gypsum is not required.

Drill bits and hole saws can be borrowed, returned, or worked around.

Extra jars or lids are not required because there are other common household things that can be used

Alcohol is a common household item and cheap, so are spray bottles and gloves.

Masks are cheap and not absolutely required.

But yes, there are a lot of little items that you may need to buy that can add up, but I have no intention of making a complete list of every possible thing that he may need to purchase. He can do that himself by looking at the tek and seeing what he's already got.

--------------------
The Basics

The Noob Forum

OfflineFractaliopsybe
⊰⚜⊱
Other User Gallery

#23305697 - 06/04/16 01:10 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

--------------------
Psilocybe Cubensis.:mushroom2:Panaeolus Cyanescens.:mushroom2:Psilocybe Subaeruginosa. Dimethyltryptamine.:deemsters:

OfflineSilverspork
Stranger

Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: clubbase]
    #23314893 - 06/06/16 04:53 PM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Good thread. 

I can see it being difficult for some people to sift through all of the misinformation about cultivation available online.  It's too bad there is no universal retard filter. 

Edited by Silverspork (06/06/16 04:53 PM)

OfflineFractaliopsybe
⊰⚜⊱
Other User Gallery

Re: Magic mushroom growing for absolute beginners (a BRF tek for 2013) [Re: Silverspork]
    #23317395 - 06/07/16 08:32 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Trial and Error Fellas!

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order