Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflinePatsyblack
5% er
Re: Drying in Bali [Re: Inocuole]
    #23177816 - 05/01/16 08:45 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Dry them with bath salts

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

Loc: 12" down Europe's butthole
Re: Drying in Bali [Re: tump] * 1
    #23178702 - 05/02/16 02:44 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

tump said:
Why do you hate salt it dawns water out of everything. Just like damp rid is a typle of salt. But i second the campfire idea

Pretty sure no one hates salt, it's tasty with some fries and shit. Not a good idea to dry your mushrooms with it though.

Imagine if you bought silica, you open it up and leave it in a cupboard for like, forever. Then you have some cracker dry mushrooms you need to store so you use the silica that was in open air to keep them dry. What will happen is the moisture in the silica that it obtained from the air while sitting in a cupboard forever, will be absorbed by the cracker dry mushrooms because they are drier than the silica. The same would happen with salt.

Just because salt still absorbs water when used right from the cupboard, it does not mean it is as dry as a cracker dry mushroom. It's like saying a damp sponge is completely dry because it can absorb more water than it currently has.

One could maybe try to dry salt in an oven for a couple of hours but I reckon silica cat litter does a better job and is dirt cheap. Anyway, always dry silica cat litter before use, I fucked a harvest of shrooms in one go because I got lazy and assumed it is dry enough.

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

Re: Drying in Bali [Re: Patsyblack]
    #23178706 - 05/02/16 02:45 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Patsyblack said:
Dry them with bath salts

....... that name...... ban him pl0x.

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ★
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Drying in Bali [Re: Supalemonhaze]
    #23178806 - 05/02/16 04:27 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

He hasn't done anything... technically wrong yet.  There's eyes on him, don't worry about it. :lol:

--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola
Jokes are funny until they're about you

Offlinetump
ban the undead
 User Gallery

Re: Drying in Bali [Re: Inocuole]
    #23182404 - 05/02/16 11:19 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Salt works see

Just did

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ★
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Drying in Bali [Re: tump]
    #23182656 - 05/03/16 01:17 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

What does a picture prove exactly?

--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola
Jokes are funny until they're about you

OfflineGreenRabbit
Plutonium Pollinator
Male

Loc: In a forest
Re: Drying in Bali [Re: Patsyblack]
    #23182676 - 05/03/16 01:25 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Patsyblack said:
Quote:

Supalemonhaze said:
I doubt salt will get them cracker dry. Powders can only dry as much as their enviorment.

i agree

Well, this is nonsense.
Besides that, I agree with every motion to ban the user 'Patsyblack'.
It is kind of funny, but be original.

Salt is a desiccant. Are you people seriously arguing that? People use salt to keep animal skins dry, it is capable of getting things dry well beyond environmental levels.
That being said, desiccant chambers are garbage.
A paper bag in a refrigerator is more effective than a desiccant chamber.

I've gotten mushrooms cracker dry just by leaving them in the fridge in a paper bag.
A desiccant chamber will not manage that.
People don't realize the air going into a refrigerator is almost 0% rH.
It may be cold, but it's dryer than your grandma in there.

Edited by GreenRabbit (05/03/16 01:28 AM)

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

Re: Drying in Bali [Re: GreenRabbit]
    #23182817 - 05/03/16 03:36 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I just don't think salt would get them as cracker dry as we usually do by using heat. There will be moisture in the salt itself unless you heat it in an oven, which would be pointless since you can just dry the shrooms there instead.

Country I live in has very high humidity all year round, I wouldn't trust a desiccant chamber with or without salt, let alone a paper bag in a fridge. I use a dehydrator to dry my mushrooms and store them in ziplock bags with freshly dried silica but I still have to put them in the dehydrator again after a couple of weeks, sometimes less.

OfflineGreenRabbit
Plutonium Pollinator
Male

Loc: In a forest
    #23182853 - 05/03/16 04:05 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Well nothing is better than a dehydrator.
But some people insist on not buying one.

Yea, I just use my dehydrator to redry silica packets I find in stuff. They last forever.

Desiccant chambers are really bad at getting all but the last bit of moisture in mushrooms.
A paper bag allows a little bit of airflow, and provides a dry surface for the mushrooms to transfer water to.
The paper stays dry because the air in a refrigerator is very dry after it runs through the compressor and chiller.
I wouldn't do this with a fat bag of mushrooms, but it works rather well for less than an oz dry.. Otherwise, you could just use more bags.

Oven is probably a better idea though, it would get them done much quicker.
The fridge method is for when you have a few straggler mushrooms pop up and it isn't worth it to run the dehydrator.
I just mentioned it because people don't realize how dry the air going in there is.

Invisibledankington
The Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 8te
    #23183193 - 05/03/16 07:37 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Supalemonhaze said:
I just don't think salt would get them as cracker dry as we usually do by using heat. There will be moisture in the salt itself unless you heat it in an oven, which would be pointless since you can just dry the shrooms there instead.

Country I live in has very high humidity all year round, I wouldn't trust a desiccant chamber with or without salt, let alone a paper bag in a fridge. I use a dehydrator to dry my mushrooms and store them in ziplock bags with freshly dried silica but I still have to put them in the dehydrator again after a couple of weeks, sometimes less.

Supalemon, that's bc ziplocs actually breathe a bit. I take my ziplocks (with a desiccant packet from vitamins or something) and vacuum seal them if they're not going to be used soon. That way they stay good, potent and dry for a very long time.

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

Re: Drying in Bali [Re: dankington]
    #23184169 - 05/03/16 12:27 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah of course, I was just saying just how penetrative humidity can be. Ziplock bags are definitely not airtight but they seal pretty damn good, some more than others. I have these small ziplocks that I end up tearing the "lip" part cause they close so well.

I use a vacuum sealer as well but I always leave a bunch of shrooms in ziplocks for easy access. I don't use desiccant for the vacuum sealed ones though.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2  [ show all ]

Shop: PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract