Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinenovablast
Stranger
PES Amazon Growkit - 2nd Flush difficulties
    #23173185 - 04/30/16 03:49 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Hi there! Im new to this forum but ive been lurking for a while.

So right to the topic. Ive been growing some Amazonians. The first flush went pretty well. Dunno the right amount i harvested but i estimate it to be around 30g dry, maybe a bit less.

So as to the second flush... well.. i had put water into this plastic container for like 12 hours and i tried this time not storing it in the freezer furing the dumping time. And now this, maybe it was a mistake and guys can correct me so i wont do it in future. The cake inside the box had shrunken and it annoyed me that some shroomies where growing on the side but like they wouldnt get mature die off and get blue brownish. So i decided to take a fork and teared the cake apart so it would take the whole available space. Off course all has been desincected.

Now after a span of around 2 weeks, notjing big happend... the top player is covered with myzelium likes the sides. 2 shroomes showed up on
the sides -_ -' ... but they kinda get stucked also.. the Cake is shrinking again.. I mean everythings seems to be all right. A have a heating mat and i mist regularly.

I thought maybe after i teared the cake with the fork apart the myzelium needed or still does need a regeneration time.

I look forward to your replies. Thanks

P.S I'll post a pic later on.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinenovablast
Stranger
Re: PES Amazon Growkit - 2nd Flush difficulties [Re: novablast]
    #23174987 - 05/01/16 02:51 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

BUMP

Sorry for the 2nd post.

Here are the pictures.

OfflineNewZooReview
Your Dad's Friend
Male User Gallery

#23175157 - 05/01/16 06:25 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I don't know what tek you are following (if any) but I think you are traumatizing the myc by doing things like freezing and shredding. It will need to recover but it might not be able to recover after it has already produced a flush. It is weaker with each subsequent flush.

I had a Huautla minimono (pics in my SIG) that I accidentally dropped after it's first decent flush and it hasn't fruited again after over a month. I have put it to the side to see what will happen with more time, but I am moving-on.

--------------------

Happiness is a rack of clean jars.

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ★
Trusted Cultivator
Re: PES Amazon Growkit - 2nd Flush difficulties [Re: NewZooReview]
    #23175221 - 05/01/16 07:24 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

NewZooReview said:
I don't know what tek you are following (if any) but I think you are traumatizing the myc by doing things like freezing and shredding.

This... freezing or damaging the mycelium will not ever, under any circumstances, help you get a solid second flush.

--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola
Jokes are funny until they're about you

Offlinenovablast
Stranger
Re: PES Amazon Growkit - 2nd Flush difficulties [Re: Inocuole]
    #23176463 - 05/01/16 02:13 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

well as i thought... that i damaged the myzelium.

i let them grow, see what happens.  Still it seems as it would be everything fine with them. Nevertheless i will get a next box or try a grow by myself.

Offlinenovablast
Stranger
    #23248471 - 05/20/16 01:51 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

BUMP

Hi Guys, so i just wanted to post a little update. The mycelium seems to have regenerated a bit. I harvested like 6 mushrooms, enough for a well going trip.
I dunked and rolled the cake. Turned the bottom side to the top. After a few days a green layer appeard on top of it and it kinda gives a strange odour. The box is still on a heating mat. So my question is, are they contaminated or is it still possible to grow some mushies out of it?

PS. The top and the sides seems to be normal and without any strange smells and color abberations.

Best Regards,
novablast

OfflinePsilosoulful
    #23249323 - 05/20/16 09:39 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Thats great! Got any pics

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

Loc: 12" down Europe's butthole
Re: PES Amazon Growkit - 2nd Flush difficulties [Re: Psilosoulful] * 1
    #23249407 - 05/20/16 10:08 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Psilosoulful said:
Thats great!

:notsureif::rofl: 

Green=fucked. Wouldn't be surprised if you had gotten a couple more flushes if you didn't tear the fuck out of it and put it in the freezer. Heating mat is just about the worst thing you can do to a fruiting container as well. You need to read a lot more up to date information. Ignore anything that wasn't made in the last 5 years and if the thread/tek is made by a TC, it would be better.

Never put anything that is fruiting on a heating mat. All that will do is cook the bottom of the substrate and give the upper hand to contams, just like it did in this case. A heating mat will not heat the substrate all around, so it is pretty much useless as a means to increase temperature. If you don't live in alaska or greenland, I'm pretty sure you don't need a heating mat to do a successful grow. I have grown in the lower 60's without any trouble, if anything low temps create less trouble. If you are adamant about increasing temps, heat up the room and not the container.

Side pins can be avoided if you create good fruiting conditions at the top. Your substrate will pin wherever the microclimate is best. That just so happened to be the sides so shredding your sub did nothing but weaken your mycelium. You can also wrap the sides of the substrate with plastic or cling wrap to cut off FAE, that will help a lot by reducing one of the most important pinning triggers. The substrate will always shrink, that is just the mycelium absorbing water and nutrients.

Also, I would suggest you do your own grow from now on. You bought a kit, learned some stuff, saw how they grow but now it's time to learn the stuff from scratch.

OfflineLogicaL ChaosM
Ascension Energy & Alien UFOs
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: The Inexpressible... Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: PES Amazon Growkit - 2nd Flush difficulties [Re: Supalemonhaze]
    #23249572 - 05/20/16 11:02 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Psilosoul is so psilly :lol:

yeah, any green growth is trich, bad news! gotta throw it out.

--------------------
"What you must understand is that your physical dimension affects everyone in the higher dimensions as well. All things are interconnected. All things are One. Therefore, if one dimension is broken or out of balance, then all other dimensions will experience repercussions." - Pleiadian Prophecy 2020 The New Golden Age by James Carwin

PROJECT BLUE BOOK ANALYSIS! (312 pages!) | Psychedelics & UFOs | Ready to Contact UFOs? | The Source on Mushrooms:shroomeryhead:| Trippy Gematrix | Dj TeknoLogical | Fentanyl Test Kits R.I.P. Big Worm :tombstone: || The Start of the Ascension Process was 2020. Welcome to the Next Great Era of Earth 🌎🌍🌏                                                         
:sunny::bliss::mushroom2: Oregon Eclipse Festival 2017 :: Aug 19th - 21st :: Pure Paradise :mushroom2::bliss::sunny: :rainbowdrink: Very Effective LSA Extraction Tek :rainbowdrink: | 💧 Advanced Cold Water LSA Extraction Method 💧 | :cacti::bongload: Mescajuana - Mescaline with Marijuana | DMT Dab Bongs | UFO Technology! :shpongle:Shpongle:shpongle:   

Offlinenovablast
Stranger
Re: PES Amazon Growkit - 2nd Flush difficulties [Re: LogicaL Chaos]
    #23265470 - 05/24/16 09:27 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Thanks guys for the replies. I have to throw it out. What a pitty, i thought ill be able to grow atleast 2 flushes.

Anyway, a Moderator may close this thread. Thank you!

OfflinePsilosoulful
    #23265498 - 05/24/16 09:38 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

:unwanted:

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

Re: PES Amazon Growkit - 2nd Flush difficulties [Re: Psilosoulful]
    #23268672 - 05/25/16 04:28 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Now would be a great time to grow your own. I hope you printed a couple from your first flush.

Offlinenovablast
Stranger
Re: PES Amazon Growkit - 2nd Flush difficulties [Re: Supalemonhaze]
    #23279895 - 05/28/16 03:25 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Nope, i do not have the utilities to take sporeprints..

InvisibleInocuole
Scalpel of Evil's Bane
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: ★
Trusted Cultivator
    #23279912 - 05/28/16 03:35 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

Foil and a box?

--------------------
                            :rainbowdrink: Tea doesn't work?                            AMU  (Q & A)                  Grain prep for Intergalactic Space Oats :pes:     

Coir-ca-cola
Jokes are funny until they're about you

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

Re: PES Amazon Growkit - 2nd Flush difficulties [Re: Inocuole]
    #23280784 - 05/28/16 11:17 AM (7 years, 9 months ago)

:lol:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate