Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

Loc: 12" down Europe's butthole
Re: What Is Your Favorite Uncommon or Obscure Myco Grow Tip/Method/Tek/Whatever? [Re: blackout]
    #23188655 - 05/04/16 01:12 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

So you weight your jars one by one for every grow? Wow, that's real dedication.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSnazz
Polymath
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: What Is Your Favorite Uncommon or Obscure Myco Grow Tip/Method/Tek/Whatever? [Re: Munchauzen]
    #23189543 - 05/04/16 06:02 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Munchauzen said:
ya that experiment was total bullshit and that movie down the rabbit hole is full of pseudo-scientific-spiritual bullshit.

Indeed, that's where I saw it.

Obviously intent vs the actual sonic vibration (which would be actual science) due to it being done in Japanese

Although homeopathy has proven results with an unknown mechanism (molecules retaining information/imprinting)

Tried imprinting my sake with 'aishiteru' while shrooming.  Pretty hard to quantify results :p

OfflinePutACapInHisAss
Stranger Than Fiction
Male User Gallery

Loc: Earth
Re: What Is Your Favorite Uncommon or Obscure Myco Grow Tip/Method/Tek/Whatever? [Re: mupetmower]
    #23192601 - 05/05/16 02:58 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Certainly I cannot say anything definitive but there may be something to the "wishful thinking" of new-age ideas.

I'm not saying that water molecules are affected by our vibes but recent research in psychology suggests that a lot of how people read body language is subconscious and nearly instantaneous.

In other words, our body reacts to other people's facial expressions even faster than we can completely formulate thoughts. So, when you get a vibe from someone, maybe this is part of it.

I suppose the monkey wrench comes in because people have been smart enough to study and modify/manipulate their body language and therefore betray their true feelings and attitudes.

There may be even more to it than that but I do not believe there is any significant science behind it.

I have had some surprising reactions to women a few times and I'm not sure why. I would guess pheromones/hormones that we cannot consciously detect but that is the only quasi-scientific explanation I can come up with.

I also believe there is something to telepathy but that is a long story and not something I can back up in any tangible way. It is just personal experience from when I lived in a particular community. I believe there are people living in that specific location with some type of "mental powers." Honestly, I thought I was becoming schizophrenic for a long time. I no longer think that.

Quote:

mupetmower said:
ahhhh.. damn, well that does suck. it really would be cool to be true. i wish i had done a little further research on it before sounding like an idiot :crazy2: but oh well.

so it was in a movie? i just read some article or something i think. i really dont remember. it was a while back. thank you for clarifying, though hah.

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

Re: What Is Your Favorite Uncommon or Obscure Myco Grow Tip/Method/Tek/Whatever? [Re: PutACapInHisAss]
    #23192632 - 05/05/16 03:09 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

2 humans picking up each others body language is a very different story than mushrooms being effected by the way you talk to them.

There is an actual science to the body language, it varies from person to person but everyone is said to have a tell whenever they are lieing or telling the truth. Unless they become accustomed to hiding it, as you pointed out. Humans are the smartest animals on the planet so this is no suprise.

I can't see how an organism lacking a brain can ever recognize your feelings toward it though. There are plenty of animals with brains that are still not capable of this so to me it's just a load of horse crap. Same goes for telephaty, I would sooner believe in god, or werewolves.

OfflineGreenRabbit
Plutonium Pollinator
Male

Loc: In a forest
Re: What Is Your Favorite Uncommon or Obscure Myco Grow Tip/Method/Tek/Whatever? [Re: Supalemonhaze]
    #23192644 - 05/05/16 03:14 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Mushrooms and plants cannot detect sound... If it was loud enough to make a vibration the organism could notice it, but it wouldn't have any effect. This has been proven with plants.

Plants and mushrooms don't feel like we do. They just react to their environment. They respond to light, temperature, predators, and availability of resources.
Sound as a sense is pretty useless overall for them.

OfflinePutACapInHisAss
Stranger Than Fiction
Male User Gallery

Re: What Is Your Favorite Uncommon or Obscure Myco Grow Tip/Method/Tek/Whatever? [Re: blackout]
    #23192652 - 05/05/16 03:18 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

This is thinking like a good scientist! I feel lazy (in thinking) now but weighing everything makes so much sense and would be really easy. Thanks so much!

I'm still not quite sure how to feel about microwaves but that is a great idea for peace of mind about sterilization. I've been considering an autoclave instead of a PC just to cut some time and I might add this step to my procedures to have both speed and reassurance.

How in the world do you measure the temperature inside a tin, inside a PC to know how long it takes to hit a specific temp?

Quote:

blackout said:
I write 3 weights on most of my jars. Weight of jar with lid, weight of dry grains in it, overall weight. This lets you see how much moisture was added and monitor if any moisture is being lost. Many are simmering grains so cannot tell the dry weight unless they work it out.

I also microwave jars of grain until steaming before they go in the PC so I know the core is around 95-100C going in.

You can see on this chart the large tin took about 100mins to get to 100C in a autoclave at 110C

I am not sure if typical grain jars would take less or longer times. The cans in the pic presumably were full of food with liquid taking up any remaining space and so I would guess could transfer heat faster than grain jars.

This is more of interest to people with small PCs only doing a few jars.

OfflinePutACapInHisAss
Stranger Than Fiction
Male User Gallery

Re: What Is Your Favorite Uncommon or Obscure Myco Grow Tip/Method/Tek/Whatever? [Re: Supalemonhaze]
    #23192683 - 05/05/16 03:29 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Werewolves, ha!

Do you believe in electromagnetic waves? MRIs?

We know our thoughts correspond to physical changes in the brain and the movement of detectable energy. I'd suggest that you not be so quick to dismiss the possible biological detection and reaction to something we know exists and can detect with machines. Our bodies are biological machines.

Werewolves...I'm still smiling from that one :wink:

Quote:

Supalemonhaze said:
I can't see how an organism lacking a brain can ever recognize your feelings toward it though. There are plenty of animals with brains that are still not capable of this so to me it's just a load of horse crap. Same goes for telephaty, I would sooner believe in god, or werewolves.

Edited by PutACapInHisAss (05/05/16 03:46 PM)

InvisibleSnazz
Polymath
Male User Gallery

Re: What Is Your Favorite Uncommon or Obscure Myco Grow Tip/Method/Tek/Whatever? [Re: PutACapInHisAss]
    #23192757 - 05/05/16 03:54 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

It's like knowing that someone is near you without hearing or seeing them.  Wave interference or something.

Water crystal test for patterns, frequency and information storage should be easily testable.  Haven't done much searching in published papers/archives on the subject

Fungi do connect all 3 kingdoms of complex life.  They even make a compatible neurotransmitter lol.  Hopefully more research happens now that the big famous US clinics are using them medicinally

OfflinePutACapInHisAss
Stranger Than Fiction
Male User Gallery

Re: What Is Your Favorite Uncommon or Obscure Myco Grow Tip/Method/Tek/Whatever? [Re: Snazz]
    #23192853 - 05/05/16 04:19 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Telepathy is really not that outlandish at all if you really think about what is physically happening and what we know exists.

We already have 2 undisputed detectors for electromagnetic waves as a part of our bodies. Our retina cells detect what we term as the "visible" spectrum of electromagnetic radiation in a very powerful and precisely useful manner.

Our skin can certainly register infrared (aka heat rays) and possibly other areas of the spectrum in a crude way. We also know that some animals have much more precise and sensitive detection mechanisms for infrared.

InvisibleJosex
#cheat_code
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Trusted Cultivator
    #23192876 - 05/05/16 04:27 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

The thread is getting off topic so badly. There's the Pub to discuss things like this...

OfflinePutACapInHisAss
Stranger Than Fiction
Male User Gallery

Re: What Is Your Favorite Uncommon or Obscure Myco Grow Tip/Method/Tek/Whatever? [Re: Josex]
    #23192896 - 05/05/16 04:30 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

True, but I left it pretty wide open to begin with.

However, even as open-minded as I can be, I find it hard to make a connection between known mental energies and fungus which seems to have nothing similar to our brain's organization :smile:

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Trusted Cultivator
Re: What Is Your Favorite Uncommon or Obscure Myco Grow Tip/Method/Tek/Whatever? [Re: PutACapInHisAss] * 3
    #23193116 - 05/05/16 05:44 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

The problem is that when you start to give stuff like this credibility you devalue the hard facts that we know.

People are always going to be better served to work on sterile tek or getting better cultures than they are singing to the fruits or feeling good vibes. Even if it had the slightest impact, that is nothing compared to what can be achieved by ignoring all that shit and dialing in conditions or perfecting sterile tek.

If you are getting 75% BE and definitively bump it up to 85% with vibes or power crystals, I would be amazed. Meanwhile I'm gonna get 150% simply by focusing on the fundamentals. It won't hurt anything but there are gonna be better uses of your time.

Invisibledankington
The Stranger
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 8te
Re: What Is Your Favorite Uncommon or Obscure Myco Grow Tip/Method/Tek/Whatever? [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #23193156 - 05/05/16 06:01 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Okay, so this probably isn't obscure, but in the interest of getting back to technique.
If I am having issues germinating spores on agar, I'll go back to the print. This time, instead of swiping, I'll take my inoculation loop with spores and stab it slightly in the middle of the plate. The moist crevice seems to help them out.

OfflineMMG
Artesano
Male User Gallery

Re: What Is Your Favorite Uncommon or Obscure Myco Grow Tip/Method/Tek/Whatever? [Re: dankington]
    #23193307 - 05/05/16 06:53 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

go with softer agar, 1.5% like pasty mentioned does the trick
thanks for the tip on folding the aluminum tom, I hadn't thought of reinforcing and making them more durable that way.
Sometimes I don't foil some jars while pcing, unless they have some taped up holes on them that can get wet with water... I don't bother with the non-moded lids and haven't had a problem with contams.
regarding the felt lids, gr0wer posted a vid on how he does his lids, it's pretty straight forward

I don't mod my lids anymore since I found I could just unscrew the jar lid half an inch and give fae that way.
Some really good sharing of ideas going on here, I'm gonna try bottom watering my shrooms more and see how it works out..I usually soak them at the roots with a water mister but I'm all for simplifying and potentiating the grow potential.

--------------------
:heart:
  :psychsplit:
    :heart:

Offlinetombosley8
Full on... Bossley Baggins
 User Gallery

Re: What Is Your Favorite Uncommon or Obscure Myco Grow Tip/Method/Tek/Whatever? [Re: MMG]
    #23194187 - 05/05/16 11:38 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I like this vid but it makes it seem waaaaay more complicated than it really is.

I use a mini soldering iron to burn my holes and then a little butane torch to melt the filters on. makes the job super easy and precise. And faster than any other permanent method.

the heating of the socket to make the hole and that massive torch seem a little overboard. The little butane gun torch is very precise and will not overdue the job especially for lids of other containers such as pasty plates ot quart pp5s that have thinner lids. 

good luck can't wait to see whAt else comes from this thread... :cheers:

--------------------

Edited by tombosley8 (05/05/16 11:39 PM)

InvisibleliloldmeFacebook
( ͝° ͜ʖ͡°)つ=D
Other User Gallery

Loc: Zone 8
Trusted Cultivator
Re: What Is Your Favorite Uncommon or Obscure Myco Grow Tip/Method/Tek/Whatever? [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #23194225 - 05/05/16 11:57 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Pastywhyte said:
The problem is that when you start to give stuff like this credibility you devalue the hard facts that we know.

People are always going to be better served to work on sterile tek or getting better cultures than they are singing to the fruits or feeling good vibes. Even if it had the slightest impact, that is nothing compared to what can be achieved by ignoring all that shit and dialing in conditions or perfecting sterile tek.

If you are getting 75% BE and definitively bump it up to 85% with vibes or power crystals, I would be amazed. Meanwhile I'm gonna get 150% simply by focusing on the fundamentals. It won't hurt anything but there are gonna be better uses of your time.

Perfectly said.

Lately with spore I hydrate them with water for 2 days, then spray them in small jars with WBS. From there I  transfer the mycelium to agar to do a couple transfers before going back to grain. I can spray a whole hell of a lot more liquid on my dry birdseed than I can an agar plate.

InvisibleSupalemonhaze
Spore syringe hater.
Male

Re: What Is Your Favorite Uncommon or Obscure Myco Grow Tip/Method/Tek/Whatever? [Re: liloldme]
    #23194433 - 05/06/16 03:10 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I drop stubborn spores in LC. I have some going right now, syringes can be a bitch to germinate on agar.

If you do not stir the germinated spores, you will end up with seperate puffballs of mycelium which you can transfer to agar, seperating them. That way if some are contams they are already in a seperate plate and you should have something healthy growing in some other plates.

Soft agar works with stubborn prints but it hasn't worked with syringes for me. I also always use the method dankington mentions for prints, stabbing the agar always gives faster results than swiping. I don't even use a loop for inoculations, I recieved a lancet with my loop and I ended up liking it better. I have used a scalpel in the same way as well but that takes up too much spores sometimes.

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck