Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
"The Triggering" talk at UMass causes Jabba the Hut feminist to lose it * 12
    #23165803 - 04/28/16 04:21 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I thought this was fucking hilarious.

"ME SCREAMING OBSCENITIES AT YOU IS FREE SPEECH!!! YOU TALKING IS HATE SPEECH!! STOP SPREADING HATE SPEECH!!!" :rofl:

Quote:

Students at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst set a new high for hysteria Monday night at an event featuring Christina Hoff Sommers, Milo Yiannopoulos, and Steven Crowder.

The event was intended to be a forum and discussion about the use of political correctness on campus, but degenerated into a shouting match as protesters sought to drown out the speakers with cries of “hate speech” and, less imaginatively, “fuck you.”

“Stop talking to us like children!” ... “Then stop acting like a child." 

One of the protesters took it upon herself to pass out literature expressing her concern for the “triggering” event, claiming the speakers “all demonstrate either that you don’t give a shit about people’s trauma and pain and think it’s funny to thrust people into states of panic and distress OR that you fundamentally do not understand what a trigger is, what it means to be triggered, and what a trigger warning is meant to prevent.”

When Campus Reform asked the activist to elaborate on the flyers, she refused to provide her name or comment because, as she put it, “Campus Reform causes death and death threats due to its extreme language.”

As the speakers walked onto the stage they were greeted with boos and middle fingers from many audience members, to which Steven Crowder graciously responded with a middle finger of his own.

The speakers were constantly interrupted throughout the event by shouts from the audience to “go home” or that “we don’t want you here,” with some of the most enthusiastic hollering coming from the very protester Campus Reform had attempted to speak with before the event.

When the protester attempts to interrupt Yiannopoulos at the beginning of the video, Hoff Sommers tells her to “calm down, young lady.” Paying no heed, the protester responds with an impassioned “Fuck you! Fuck you!”

Later on, the young lady begins loudly asserting that “hate speech is not welcome here” and demanding that the speakers “keep your hate speech off this campus,” all while insisting that she is the true embodiment of free speech.

“Stop talking to us like children!” she demands at another point.

“Then stop acting like a child,” Hoff Sommers responds coolly.

Crowder also evoked the rage of the protesters, in his case by discussing the Qur'an, which inspired a female student wearing Islamic garb to demand, “Don’t speak on my behalf!”

“I didn’t speak on your behalf … I talked about the Qur'an,” Crowder states incredulously. “I wasn’t there for the French Revolution, but I can talk about it.”

Full hour and a half video here:

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineGiBBz
Stranger

Re: "The Triggering" talk at UMass causes Jabba the Hut feminist to lose it [Re: Shroomism]
    #23165816 - 04/28/16 04:24 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

TRIGGERED!

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: "The Triggering" talk at UMass causes Jabba the Hut feminist to lose it [Re: GiBBz]
    #23165824 - 04/28/16 04:25 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Your trigger triggered me

--------------------

Invisibleluvdemboomers
loner with a boner
Re: "The Triggering" talk at UMass causes Jabba the Hut feminist to lose it [Re: Shroomism]
    #23165833 - 04/28/16 04:27 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

what a fat cunt

Of course she is feminist, not a man on this planet would be willing to throw her some dick

>

Edited by luvdemboomers (04/28/16 04:28 PM)

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Pudge County, TX
Re: "The Triggering" talk at UMass causes Jabba the Hut feminist to lose it [Re: Shroomism] * 5
    #23165834 - 04/28/16 04:27 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Honestly I feel bad for the Jabba the Hut feminist

For having to lug those flabby ass arm pillars around all day

--------------------
Aka Pudge (the real one, not the bitch ass fake one from 2020)

InvisibleMoonshoe
Blue Mantis
 User Gallery

Loc: Iceland
Re: "The Triggering" talk at UMass causes Jabba the Hut feminist to lose it [Re: Shroomism] * 1
    #23165882 - 04/28/16 04:37 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

This whole triggering/safe space/micro aggression/ political correctness gone mad trend in universities has gotten so insane it's literally like a comedy parody of itself.

It's too crazy to be real but it is.

Joe rogan has had some guests on his podcast to talk about these issues specifically and it has been we opening to me.

I didn't realize how far it has gone.

I find it appalling.

Check these podcasts out on this topic:

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/the-joe-rogan-experience/id360084272?mt=2&i=359497808

https://itunes.apple.com/ca/podcast/the-joe-rogan-experience/id360084272?mt=2&i=319303768

--------------------

Everything I post is fiction.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: "The Triggering" talk at UMass causes Jabba the Hut feminist to lose it [Re: Moonshoe] * 5
    #23165890 - 04/28/16 04:40 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah I've heard those.
Christina Sommers is completely right though. Future historians are going to look back at this time and go ... What.. the.. fuck. It's utter madness.

You're right too.. it's become literally a comedy parody of itself.
What gets me the most is the double standards. They will scream and cuss out and attempt to silence anyone with an opposing viewpoint, even when presented completely rationally, logically and level-headed, call it hate speech and this and that... yet their incessant babbling and nonsensical screaming they define as the epitome of free speech.
Free speech ...  but only for people who think exactly like me!!!! If you think differently, then its hate speech and you should be silenced!!!11

--------------------

Offlinespecialpeopleclub
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mitten
Re: "The Triggering" talk at UMass causes Jabba the Hut feminist to lose it [Re: Shroomism] * 2
    #23166074 - 04/28/16 05:36 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Don't we do that already? Look back at previous times and see it as fucked up. Everything g before WW1 is beyond what we could relate to now

--------------------

OfflineEzuma
Gontish Wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: Roke
Re: "The Triggering" talk at UMass causes Jabba the Hut feminist to lose it [Re: specialpeopleclub]
    #23166103 - 04/28/16 05:42 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

lol that was funny

the double standards are what get me, and it's true you'll find those i many movement, but they're just sooooo overwhelmingly obvious in university 'pc' culture

the school I go to was actually ranked second worst for freedom of speech in Canada. I can certainly see why

they actually banned the Greek alphabet from being displayed anywhere on campus because it might be 'triggering' to those who have been victimized by fraternities (which are also banned at this school)

lol you can't make this shit up

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: "The Triggering" talk at UMass causes Jabba the Hut feminist to lose it [Re: specialpeopleclub]
    #23166110 - 04/28/16 05:44 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

specialpeopleclub said:
Don't we do that already? Look back at previous times and see it as fucked up. Everything g before WW1 is beyond what we could relate to now

Yeah, we do.. but different strokes.
For example you could compare the "counter-culture" movement of the 60s to today's "HYPER PC culture" and make some comparisons.

Yeah, maybe they were completely misguided in their politics or whatever.. it never really went anywhere and most of those radicals end up becoming white collar business people in their 30s and 40s.

But shit.. at least they were proponents of ACTUAL free speech. They didn't need "safe spaces" and "trigger warnings" and silencing of everyone who didn't share their views.
It seems in some ways we've gone backwards.

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
    #23166120 - 04/28/16 05:47 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

i never went to college.

:myers: good thing too.

Offlineorison
mcfluffysugarnuts

Re: "The Triggering" talk at UMass causes Jabba the Hut feminist to lose it [Re: Shroomism] * 3
    #23166124 - 04/28/16 05:48 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

bring me solo and the wookie..

--------------------

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

Re: "The Triggering" talk at UMass causes Jabba the Hut feminist to lose it [Re: orison] * 2
    #23166131 - 04/28/16 05:50 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

haha its real life jerry springer

--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

Re: "The Triggering" talk at UMass causes Jabba the Hut feminist to lose it [Re: Sheekle]
    #23166135 - 04/28/16 05:52 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

shroomism why r u obsessed with feminazis

--------------------
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: "The Triggering" talk at UMass causes Jabba the Hut feminist to lose it [Re: Sheekle] * 7
    #23166136 - 04/28/16 05:52 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Because it's a detriment to our society and human civilization as a whole. I want to move forward in evolution, not backwards.

--------------------

Offlinespecialpeopleclub
Male User Gallery

Loc: Mitten
    #23166142 - 04/28/16 05:54 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Hippies weren't much better. A bunch of dirty morons that worshipped poverty and peace. A waste of people.
I do agree my generation, left with nothing to struggle toward except the looming and seemingly inevitable(to some) destruction of the planet, have become hopeless. We are tearing our hair out. We have no collective identity. We aren't American. American doesn't mean a thing.

When I was a kid, I would see all sorts of cultures, and we sat around eating fast food and watching garbage. We have been culturally poisoned. Some of us, it goes back to our post depression grandparents such as mine, who couldn't cook and grow less able to adapt as modern times come about.

It's like humanity is landing on an alien planet of its own making

--------------------

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

Re: "The Triggering" talk at UMass causes Jabba the Hut feminist to lose it [Re: Shroomism] * 2
    #23166143 - 04/28/16 05:54 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

obsessising about the negatives of society is detrimental to society

--------------------

Offlineshivas.wisdom
בּ
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Turtle Island
Re: "The Triggering" talk at UMass causes Jabba the Hut feminist to lose it [Re: Shroomism] * 8
    #23166146 - 04/28/16 05:55 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

OfflineSpaceGlitch
Stranger
Re: "The Triggering" talk at UMass causes Jabba the Hut feminist to lose it [Re: Sheekle]
    #23166148 - 04/28/16 05:55 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I have no idea what's going on here. So what's "The Triggering"? It's hard to tell. Like anti-PC shit? And these people were anti "anti-PC"? lol

All I know is I hate PC people and social justice warriors. It's ruining America

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #23166152 - 04/28/16 05:56 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

No not much better.. but I give them much more credit than the modern day uber PC feminazi. You want to talk about a waste of people.. jesus.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | Next > | Last >

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds