Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleByrain

Re: Final Fantasy 6 [Re: EllisDSox]
    #23151526 - 04/24/16 08:45 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I only remember them for how they invented fighting games.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

Re: Final Fantasy 6 [Re: Byrain]
    #23151832 - 04/24/16 10:30 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

You ever get the glove to the highest level in Secret of Mana and see all the Street Fighter moves? That might be the coolest thing in the game. Hurricane kicks and fire balls and all sorts. Perhaps the world will never know whether headbands were cool before Ryu made them cool.

I played FF6 for the first time in a good few weeks today and I do have to admit the number of random encounters gets fucking enraging, but it's still a really good game. Chrono Trigger is possibly better and I'm sure SoM would have shat all over both of them if it had actually been finished, but FF6 is definitely good.

I highly recommend you never even try to play Chaos Seed. I gave it a good few hours when I was really bored and it's a fucking pile of shit. The actual fight scenes are basically just Link to the Past/Secret of Mana type stuff, but the general system is so thoroughly complicated and boring I would probably smash the game if I was stupid enough to physically own it.

I know a lot of good ones weren't ever released outside of Japan, but tons of JRPGs are just so odd they shouldn't have been made in the first place. There are at least a few dozen that take place in high schools, man.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#23159294 - 04/26/16 09:30 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Oh shit, the bastards make you use all the characters in the latter stages of FF6. I'm fucked.

--------------------
Disclaimer: If you have any kind of heart condition, my posts are not for you. You could literally die from reading the first couple of words in any one of them. Scroll down the page, live your life and prosper, but don't read my posts because your heart will probably explode. I am not joking.

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
    #23159592 - 04/26/16 10:28 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

oh you didn't know that.

lol

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: Final Fantasy 6 [Re: akira_akuma]
    #23159632 - 04/26/16 10:39 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

lol thats why i make sure at least one person in each part knows ultima
if they aren't leveled up you must have not done all the side quest in the after world
there should be one for each character and they're the most interesting part of the story/ series even

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
Re: Final Fantasy 6 [Re: Konyap]
    #23159682 - 04/26/16 10:53 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I feel like a total scrublord for not playing FF6 now.

--------------------
Official:
Facemelter
HyperspaceTraveller
NostalgicGamer

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Final Fantasy 6 [Re: Chakanooga]
    #23159860 - 04/27/16 12:07 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

FF6 is a pretty good game but I think the best RPG on SNES is Ultima 6.

The Snes version also has a nicer looking interface than the PC version.

--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#23159891 - 04/27/16 12:18 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Konyap said:
lol thats why i make sure at least one person in each part knows ultima
if they aren't leveled up you must have not done all the side quest in the after world
there should be one for each character and they're the most interesting part of the story/ series even

I got through the Phoenix cave part way earlier than I think you're supposed to, but all the characters I don't care about are still on shitty levels. I got Mog, Shadow, Terra and Locke so over-powered it doesn't really matter, though. I can just put two of them in each party when I'm forced to split. I'm just doing this as a casual play through to kill time when I finish my crazed binges of work. Maybe at some point in the future I'll do all the side quests and get every character their optimum equipment and all that shit, but I don't know if I'll ever bother.

Definitely wish I played this thing as a kid. I'd have probably shat my pants with joy innumerable times.

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

#23159964 - 04/27/16 12:42 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

yeah that and you would have beaten it in like a few weeks lol
i remember beating secret of mana in like two days

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#23160154 - 04/27/16 02:26 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, I probably could have smashed the thing in two days if that was all I had to do with myself, but it's more enjoyable playing it out gradually and only doing so when I feel I've earned it by being genuinely productive. Secret of Mana is a real bastard to perfect, honestly. It's mostly because it's effectively an unfinished game, but some of the items that can only be gained from a 1/1000 drop after killing enemies in the Mana Fortress are just stupid to even go after if you're not a child. That said, I'm sure I'll get all my guys to level 99, max out all the weapons and do the Mana Sword glitch when I finally have a few weeks to justifiably just fuck around.

It's a mixed blessing for me that the SNES CD never came into being. If it had, SoM would probably have become the best RPG ever made, but since it didn't the limits of the SNES were pushed and DKC and the like came into being. SoM is great even in its unfinished form. All the stories are kind of inconclusive, but it's actually pretty tragic. You have a shunned orphan, a guy whose entire community was massacred and a girl whose true love has been murdered as the main characters. Bleak shit indeed. Yet, if the Playstation had been a SNES add-on and not a competitive console, a lot of great SNES games would never have come into being. Ah fuck, I get nostalgic about these things to a degree that makes me feel like a complete dickhead.

--------------------

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#23196302 - 05/06/16 04:58 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Oh, Square got me good on this one. You need every single character to be strong for the end of the game and all of mine except four are pieces of shit. I wonder if I'll ever get bored enough to level everyone else up and finish this.

--------------------

InvisibleChakanooga
Always Lmao
Male User Gallery

Loc: Wonderland
    #23197595 - 05/07/16 12:42 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Hopefully you find some hidden dungeons to grind them characters up, I think they do that in later games too. Part of the game is grinding up the char you like best but I guess they gotta make it difficult somehow.

--------------------
Official:
Facemelter
HyperspaceTraveller
NostalgicGamer

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

Re: Final Fantasy 6 [Re: Chakanooga]
    #23197924 - 05/07/16 05:12 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Seems like if you really want to get anal about making characters really good, you use the ones you don't like till really late in the game, then get all the enhancements and shit on the ones you intend to use. Googling a couple of things made me scared about how far some people are willing to take this game. Gigantic threads of people doing 300 hour play throughs to get a perfect file, then starting again cause they missed a single statistic point or something.

I've just been playing after work binges when my brain is barely functional. Leveling characters is actually a relatively good way of passing time when I get into a state where I can't sleep but am far too burnt out to do anything else.

--------------------

InvisibleJohn NadaDiscord
Toujours Frais
 User Gallery
Loc: Hotwings; race car
    #23197931 - 05/07/16 05:27 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Are you gonna buy a Nintendo NX?

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

Re: Final Fantasy 6 [Re: John Nada]
    #23197940 - 05/07/16 05:34 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Nah. I doubt I'll ever buy another console in my life. Is there any reason to think it'll be good? Mario Maker looks like it would be fun, but generally Nintendo's been garbage for a long time.

--------------------

Toujours Frais
 User Gallery
    #23197960 - 05/07/16 05:53 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I thought you loved Nintendo real hard is all. I guess it was just SNES nostalgia though.

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#23197968 - 05/07/16 06:03 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Yeah, it's pretty much just that. Although I somehow have weird nostalgia for SNES games I never even played until recently. Do you just play PC games?

I have a broken down man talking at me on the phone and I've literally been silent for 20 minutes and he hasn't stopped talking. This is somewhere between hilarious and enraging. I can't hang up, though, because he has just been diagnosed with prostate cancer and seemingly talking manically about irrelevant nonsense is the only thing keeping him from cracking up.

--------------------

Toujours Frais
 User Gallery
    #23198030 - 05/07/16 06:54 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I don't really play a lot of games these days. I played a bunch on PS3 though, but the last thing I played much of was Far Cry 4 when it came out. When I get a new computer set up I'll get Obstruction.

Send that broken down man some food and some bottled water. He probably needs to eat.

InvisibleEllisDSox
King Hella!

#23198120 - 05/07/16 08:00 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

He's not destitute or anything, he's basically just Frank from It's Always Sunny except he is no longer hugely wealthy.

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

#23198458 - 05/07/16 10:27 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

1080p at 60 frames is all I need
don't need to get any better graphically then that
I barely play battlefield 4 on this thing because i played it on ps4
so yeah there's nowhere for them to go

if nintendo just kept releasing games on the wii u and got some publishers
they're trying to sweep it under the rug
i don't like zelda enough to play a better graphically looking version of it on a new console
and none of nintendo's games require a new console

they should just stick to hand helds and be done with it

unless they bring back the wii mote for first person shooters
no way in hell I'm buying another nintendo system

Mario doesn't need a zelda like world and 1gb was enough on the ps3 to get GTA5 running
what the hell are they thinking releasing another console

Jump to top Pages: < Back | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom