Home | Community | Message Board

Azarius
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Jump to first unread post. Pages: 1
Offlinecantfindme
Stranger

Loc: hidden
Question About My First Acid Trip
    #2315964 - 02/08/04 11:36 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Before I get started, I just wanna say that this is NOT a trip report. Have faith, there is a question in here somewhere...

Last night I took acid for the first time. I tripped with my suitemate, who's probably taken acid about 8 or 9 times and also a friend of ours who was also a first timer. Another suitemate of mine who's probably the most familiar with the drug of anyone I've ever met watched over us because tripping for your first time in a college dorm can be a little risky, especially since the school has been cracking down on drugs.

Anyway, we dropped at about 7:30 at night. The two people I tripped with both went up in about an hour or so and peaked and valleyed about two or three times over the course of the trip. However, I didn't start to peak until about 2 hours had gone by. By then it was about 9:30, and even then it only kicked in after I took a really big hit from a bowl (which hit me pretty hard considering I havn't smoked in about a month since i'm trying to cut back for a semester cuz I'm too fucking broke). Instead of feeling the intensity of the trip go up and down like my two friends did, it seemed like I had one long, two-hour peak, and then proceeded to come down for the next hour or so. By midnight, I was felt totally normal, although I couldn't sleep until about 6am, which I expected anyway.

Both my friends said that they had very distinct peaks and valleys where I only went up once for about two hours and then came down. I've talked to a number of people and no one said that they had ever heard of someone peaking only once, or for that long. Has anyone ever heard of that happening? My friends that I tripped with were both much smaller than I am, so I'm guessing that since I'm bigger it may not have effected me as much. Especially since they said they were getting much more intense visuals than I was. The only visual distortion that I noticed was when I would stare at a flat surface with some kind of pattern or design on it and it would start to swirl around and appear to be breathing. Even when I was tripping hardest, I had to stare for a moment before things got interesting. I've shroomed once before and also didn't trip very hard. For 4/20 my friends and I are planning on dropping acid again and I've been considering trying two tabs instead of one this time around to increase the effect, but I'm not sure if its a good idea. Any suggestions?

PS - I don't know if it matters, but when I shroomed, the shrooms were freeze-dried and not very potent. My friend and I each took an eighth and a half over the course of two hours and then waited another hour before we started to trip. Even then we got almost no visuals, although the overall euphoria was amazing. Much better than the acid I think, that seemed to be a much more perceptual trip without the overall feeling of contentness that came witht he shrooms. My friends and I just got really giggly this time around.

Edited by cantfindme (06/16/07 01:10 AM)

Post Extras: Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Question About My First Acid Trip [Re: cantfindme]
    #2315992 - 02/08/04 11:41 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

ehh I've tripped in the dorms before, not the smartest idea maybe, but really not too bad.

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Invisiblegdman
badger, badger,badger...
Male User Gallery

Loc: Dancing In the Streets
Re: Question About My First Acid Trip [Re: gdman]
    #2315994 - 02/08/04 11:41 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

you can just lock yourself in your room

--------------------

Got a question about a substance?  Erowid might already have your answer! Have questions about the  mushroom experience? The  Tripper's FAQ may have your answer or someone else might have had your question before.

I know up on the top you are seeing great sights, but down at the bottom we, too, should have rights.
  - Theodor Seuss Geisel Dr. Suess

"I didn't come here to be easily understood" - Steve

Offlinecantfindme
Stranger

Re: Question About My First Acid Trip [Re: gdman]
    #2316033 - 02/08/04 11:49 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, it was definitly interesting. we went on a half hour walk around the building at about 10pm when the acid was still running strong. Our other suitemate who was watching over us first timers led us around. My building is only three floors but when you're tripping for your first time, it can take a while to walk all the way down a long narrow hallway, lol. i kept stopping to watch the patterns on the walls start to move around. nothing too intense but i would have loved to see what we looked like to other people who would occaisionally walk down the hall. we tried our best to compose ourselves and act perfectly innocent, but i don't know how well we pulled it off...at one point my friend commented on how i was walking around similar to johnny depp in Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas (which has been deemed the pfficial movie of our suite). I was walking all hunched over lifting my knees really high and taking long strides apparently. it was an interesting experience overall. i dunno if ts really my drug though. i liked shroosm better, i just havn't had an opportunity to shroom anytime recently

--------------------
----------------------------

You lock the door,
And throw away the key.
There's someone in my head,
but its not me.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Loc: Hyperspace
    #2316076 - 02/09/04 12:02 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

dude that's not unusual at all

every time I did acid back in the day it was basically one long peak....

I think technically that's how it functions in your brain anyway, its just that for some people, external stimulation can bring them back a bit at times, so it SEEMS to come in waves

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.
In addition: SHPONGLE

Offlinecantfindme
Stranger

Re: Question About My First Acid Trip [Re: Strumpling]
    #2316085 - 02/09/04 12:06 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

well, my main question was do you think its a good idea to try taking two hits next time? i didn't trip very hard in comparison to my friends, but i'm worried that if i take two, it might be too overwhelming, so i'm not really sure what to do. although the trip was definitly a cool new experience, i wasn't getting very good open eye visuals and the closed eye visuals were minimal. mostly just more distorting 2D patterns...

--------------------

You lock the door,
And throw away the key.
but its not me.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #2316111 - 02/09/04 12:12 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

If you don't move around much, then go for it - just please practice moderation with your drug-use.. there's no need to trip like tomorrow or something if you just tripped with your friends a couple days ago, IN MY OPINION :smile:

--------------------
Insert an "I think" mentally in front of eveything I say that seems sketchy, because I certainly don't KNOW much. Also; feel free to yell at me.

Offlinecantfindme
Stranger

#2316127 - 02/09/04 12:16 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

well, we're not planning to trip again till 4/20 anyway, but considering what i've said of my experience from one dose, do you think two hits will give me a good trip or am i gonna get blown out of the water if i take two tabs?

--------------------

You lock the door,
And throw away the key.
but its not me.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #2316271 - 02/09/04 12:59 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I thought the idea was to get blown out of the water.....

If you're not sure about the dose, don't take it: that's how I look at it.

--------------------

Offlinecantfindme
Stranger

#2316283 - 02/09/04 01:07 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

basically i'm looking to trip harder than i did the other night because the visuals weren't very good, but at the same time i'm not too keen on seeing my dead grandmother climing up my leg with a knife in her teeth either. i guess i'm just looking for a happy medium...

--------------------

You lock the door,
And throw away the key.
but its not me.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
    #2316291 - 02/09/04 01:09 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

well if you're not sure you can handle it, then don't do it - lol don't ask me for permission, ask you :wink:

Good luck though, and don't forget to have FUN regardless of your dose

--------------------

Offlinenicechrisman
Interdimensional space wizard
Male User Gallery

Loc: So Cal
    #2316965 - 02/09/04 09:12 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

Just take two hits. My friend's first time, I had him take two because I thought that it didn't look like very good stuff. It turned out to be really super good, but we had a great time. I say go for it!

--------------------
"Cosmic Love is absolutelely ruthless and highly indifferent:
it teaches its lessons whether you like/dislike them or not."

John C. Lily

Offlinecantfindme
Stranger

Re: Question About My First Acid Trip [Re: nicechrisman]
    #2319859 - 02/10/04 12:31 AM (13 years, 9 months ago)

yeah, i'm probably going to just take two hits next time since i know my suitemate who watched over us this weekend will be willing to do it again. he doesn't drop acid anymore because he had a really ba dtrip one time and he's been worried about doing it since, but he's always down for being the sitter, so its all good. as long as we stay under control, everything should be cool. i was just a little wierded out after last time because i've never heard of anyone having one long peak like i did, but since i wasn't tripping that hard i guess its all good

--------------------

You lock the door,
And throw away the key.
but its not me.

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
    #2321537 - 02/10/04 04:36 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

ive never taken any less that 2...for me its just one long huge peak and then all the sudden im still tripping but i can actually feel my body. Ive gotten blows away every time i take the shit to the point to where nothing im seeing is actually there...its all in my head and im just floating around observing.

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

OfflineVulture
Pursuer ofWisdom
 User Gallery

Loc: SC
Re: Question About My First Acid Trip [Re: Vulture]
    #2321541 - 02/10/04 04:38 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

yeah you cant really go overboard with 2 or 3. Its when you start taking like 5 when you need to really know what your doing. I wouldent be satisfied at all with just one...

--------------------
Work like you dont need the money.

Love like you never been hurt.

Dance like nobody is watching.

OfflineStrumpling
Neuronaut
Re: Question About My First Acid Trip [Re: Vulture]
    #2321562 - 02/10/04 04:45 PM (13 years, 9 months ago)

I've done up to seven, and have noticed there's a point around 4-5 hits where it doesn't get any stronger, it just starts lasting longer - possiblye due to all compatible receptors in the brain being "in use" so the rest of the molecules just wait in line to release, lengthening the trip.. that's just a guess though, but the phenomenon of getting to the point where the trip doesn't get stronger, only longer, has been noticed by me and several friends in the past.

I haven't done it in several years now - it was too much "fun" for me :wink:

I was young, though - I could probably get a lot more out of it now

--------------------

Jump to top. Pages: 1

Original Seeds Store Shop: buy cannabis seeds, Buy CBD

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> The Psychedelic Experience