Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineLucisM
Nutritional Yeast

DEA Approves Med-Pot Testing
    #23146970 - 04/23/16 11:20 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

The DEA Just Approved a Way to Smoke Marijuana Legally for the First Time

by  Jen Wieczner

Drug regulators changed their minds after saying it would “never” happen.

The unofficial pot-smoking holiday of April 20 may be over, but marijuana advocates got another reason to celebrate on Thursday. The U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration for the first time approved smoking marijuana as legitimate medical research.

The DEA green-lit a clinical trial of smoked marijuana for the treatment of post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) in American military veterans, a spokesperson for the government agency confirmed to Fortune. While other trials have studied the medical benefits of marijuana and cannabis extracts like cannabidiol, this is the first time regulators have allowed testing of the marijuana plant itself for the purpose of developing it into a legal medical drug.

The Multidisciplinary Association for Psychedelic Studies (MAPS), an organization researching legal uses for marijuana and other mind-altering drugs, is conducting the trial, which is funded by a $2.2 million grant from Colorado’s state health department. MAPS had worked for more than five years to obtain clearance from regulators to use pot in the trial; while it received the OK from the U.S. Food and Drug Administration in 2011 and from the U.S. Public Health Service in 2014, it still had to wait for the DEA’s approval in order to proceed.

The DEA’s decision marks a major shift in policy for the agency, which has long resisted the legalization of marijuana for medical or recreational purposes, and has also denied the medicinal potential of pot. Just six months ago in November, DEA head Chuck Rosenberg dismissed the concept of medical marijuana as “a joke,” according to CBS News. “What really bothers me is the notion that marijuana is also medicinal—because it’s not,” he said. “If you talk about smoking the leaf of marijuana—which is what people are talking about when they talk about medicinal marijuana—it has never been shown to be safe or effective as a medicine.”

Since then, however, the DEA has apparently had a change of heart, indicating earlier this month that it is considering whether to reclassify marijuana from its current category—the same one as heroin and LSD—into a lower one alongside less dangerous drugs. So far, DEA has not rejected any research studies involving marijuana products that met FDA standards, the agency’s spokesperson added. To date, 24 states have legalized the use of medical marijuana, but the DEA still considers weed illegal on a federal level.

Source: http://fortune.com/2016/04/22/dea-medical-marijuana/

--------------------
©️

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleAchuma
Aluminium Fedora
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smegmaguay
Re: DEA Approves Med-Pot Testing [Re: Lucis] * 3
    #23146985 - 04/23/16 11:27 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

It's weird that when the one guy holding up the flow of traffic, standing in the middle of the road just ruining everyone's commute, instead of getting out of the way, he just walks a little down the road in the direction we're trying to go, and we call that progress.

--------------------
Achuma's Psilocybe Extraction Pictorial

Pictured: crystalline extract derived from Psilocybe Cubensis.  See link for detailed instructions, as well as a lengthy discussion on the properties of light.

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: DEA Approves Med-Pot Testing [Re: Achuma]
    #23147190 - 04/23/16 12:45 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Joints are safe. Less liter fluid taste. Otherwise you could just vape.....
while smoking isn't good it's the quickest way to get high, in circumstance where someone has epilepsy or something...

regardless people who smoke ciggerettes and have high blood pressure are susceptible to stroke
I don't know what high thc strains do, but I don't think they're healthy for you
I can get high off of little as 7% it seems like and it will go away after thirty minutes to an hour

I think a high thc strain would just hit a road block at a certain point not really get you higher

Edited by Konyap (04/23/16 12:46 PM)

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: 8a
Re: DEA Approves Med-Pot Testing [Re: Achuma]
    #23147342 - 04/23/16 01:53 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Achuma said:
It's weird that when the one guy holding up the flow of traffic, standing in the middle of the road just ruining everyone's commute, instead of getting out of the way, he just walks a little down the road in the direction we're trying to go, and we call that progress.

This is a delightful analogy-- except it's the whole FedGov, not just this douchebag.

Quote:

Just six months ago in November, DEA head Chuck Rosenberg dismissed the concept of medical marijuana as “a joke,” according to CBS News. “What really bothers me is the notion that marijuana is also medicinal—because it’s not,” he said. “If you talk about smoking the leaf of marijuana—which is what people are talking about when they talk about medicinal marijuana—it has never been shown to be safe or effective as a medicine.”

This guy is a criminal-- if you factor the hundreds of thousands of people that are dead/dying/suffering from cancer, diseases A-Z that WILL someday be alleviated by cannabis--and he's part of that delay to market.

He should burn in hell with his kind.

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: DEA Approves Med-Pot Testing [Re: coAsTal]
    #23148136 - 04/23/16 07:13 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

In other words, it passes or fails, based on a blackbox process and a duty/bribe/tribute.

Perhaps, they can clear you of thetans.

InvisibleGottaloveacid
Weedbass
Male

Loc: Colorado, USA
Re: DEA Approves Med-Pot Testing [Re: Konyap]
    #23149717 - 04/24/16 09:47 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Konyap said:
I think a high thc strain would just hit a road block at a certain point not really get you higher

No offense, but this is the supidest thing I have heard lol. Ever heard of dabbing? Well, the marijuana cocentrates used in dabbing have tested up to 98-99% THC, which is basically pure. And I am sure 1 dab will get you quite high, but then if you take another and another each one will get you higher and higher. It's not like if you reach 100% THC, that it means your brain can only handle a "100% thc" because that is retarded and makes no sense.

--------------------

:mushroom2::mushroom2: The greatest story ever told is the story that never ends!:mushroom2::mushroom2:

wubba lubba dub dubstep :gimmebass:

OfflineMickJamesons
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: DEA Approves Med-Pot Testing [Re: Gottaloveacid]
    #23150150 - 04/24/16 01:05 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Gottaloveacid said:
Quote:

Konyap said:

No offense, but this is the supidest thing I have heard lol. Ever heard of dabbing? Well, the marijuana cocentrates used in dabbing have tested up to 98-99% THC, which is basically pure. And I am sure 1 dab will get you quite high, but then if you take another and another each one will get you higher and higher. It's not like if you reach 100% THC, that it means your brain can only handle a "100% thc" because that is retarded and makes no sense.

Source showing dabs are 98-99% please.

Invisibledurian_2008
Cornucopian Eating an Elephant
 User Gallery

Loc: Raccoon City
Re: DEA Approves Med-Pot Testing [Re: MickJamesons]
    #23150500 - 04/24/16 03:27 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

:shrug: Because the govt says so.

InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
Re: DEA Approves Med-Pot Testing [Re: coAsTal] * 1
    #23150720 - 04/24/16 04:45 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

I agree with you, but people really just wanna get high, it's what it all comes down to it seems for a large percentage of people. All this cancer stuff just seems like a good excuse for people to say weed needs to be legal, but I seem to barely hear about people talking about ways to prevent cancers from spreading in the first place, compared to treating it at least. For example, a lot of the people who talk about treating cancer with weed are the same people who get high and then go chain smoke while stuffing their face with super processed fast food. :lol:

--------------------

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
    #23150813 - 04/24/16 05:17 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

dabs are thc extracts ...

for you getting higher and higher might be your brain just hittin a road block on uptake receptors and thc flowing around for hours and hours more
if they ever want to keep weed illegal for adults, your yellow piss will sure impress them

Edited by Konyap (04/24/16 05:18 PM)

OfflineSinoc
Jugglin' fool

Re: DEA Approves Med-Pot Testing [Re: Konyap] * 1
    #23151527 - 04/24/16 08:45 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

PTSD....

Here come all the 'victims' of internet bullying.  Lol.

OfflineMickJamesons
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Re: DEA Approves Med-Pot Testing [Re: Sinoc]
    #23153825 - 04/25/16 02:54 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Sinoc said:
PTSD....

:ohyeah:

InvisiblecoAsTal
Friend
 User Gallery

Loc: 8a
Re: DEA Approves Med-Pot Testing [Re: Eminence]
    #23155172 - 04/25/16 09:02 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Eminence said:
....but I seem to barely hear about people talking about ways to prevent cancers from spreading in the first place, compared to treating it at least. For example, a lot of the people who talk about treating cancer with weed are the same people who get high and then go chain smoke while stuffing their face with super processed fast food. :lol:

:werd:

--------------------
I am certain of nothing but the holiness of the Heart's affections and the truth of Imagination--  John Keats

Spore Trading List

Offlinemy3rdeye
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Re: DEA Approves Med-Pot Testing [Re: Sinoc]
    #23155933 - 04/26/16 05:04 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Sinoc said:
PTSD....

Pretty sure when I read that it said "in American military veterans". Just re read it, that's what it said.
You can't get PTSD from the internet. Or bullying. You need to see some real shit. Murder, genocide etc. If you saw someone get skull fucked in war you can say you have PTSD. Your feelings getting hurt isnt the same thing. In WW1 it was just called cowardice and hardly anyone had it, now its a trendy thing to have.

InvisibleGottaloveacid
Weedbass
Male

Loc: Colorado, USA
    #23157285 - 04/26/16 01:30 PM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

MickJamesons said:
Quote:

Gottaloveacid said:
Quote:

Konyap said:

Source showing dabs are 98-99% please.

Sadly I only have a photo from the extraction artist's instagram, so you have every right to take it for a grain of salt. I have walked into dispensaries and seen 92-94% concentrates tested on the package, but never 99% in person.

Some 92% honeycomb so pure it is almost white in color made by the same extraction company

--------------------

:mushroom2::mushroom2: The greatest story ever told is the story that never ends!:mushroom2::mushroom2:

wubba lubba dub dubstep :gimmebass:

Edited by Gottaloveacid (04/26/16 01:41 PM)

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

#23159882 - 04/27/16 12:15 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Eminence said:
I agree with you, but people really just wanna get high, it's what it all comes down to it seems for a large percentage of people.

So what if it is? Why the hell does the government have the right to tell me or any other adult for that matter, what I can and cannot put in my body? Hell if someone wants to spend their time huffing paint and week old diapers, no one should be able to stop them.

One thing for certain, it is medicine for some conditions. Those people who need it should not have jump through hoops to get it.

InvisibleEminence
Male

Loc: Richmond, VA Flag
Re: DEA Approves Med-Pot Testing [Re: Pastywhyte]
    #23159903 - 04/27/16 12:21 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

Well yeah, nothing wrong with that or I wouldn't be a member on this site. I'm just sayin a lot of people act like they want it legal for some noble cause. I mean come on just be real and say you just wanna get high it's no big deal.

--------------------

InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

#23160427 - 04/27/16 06:38 AM (7 years, 10 months ago)

But that's always been the loophole. Look at alcohol prohibition, it could be prescribed, as medicine, by a doctor.

At least cannabis does have a few legitimate medical applications. Alcohol certaintly did not.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals