Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
Please support our sponsors.

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Jump to first unread post. Pages: < First | < Back | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | Next >
OfflineBonsella
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Mold or Bruised Mycelium? [Re: gone-pear-shaped]
    #27340314 - 06/08/21 04:02 PM (6 days, 9 hours ago)

When you put it that way it makes perfect perfect sense. I’m now on a mission to make agar plates. I threw out the spawn I had and weirdly there was no smell at all and the centre of all the spawn was all  Snow White. It’ll get there., thanks for the guidance

Post Extras: Filter  Print Post  Remind Me! Notify Moderator
OfflineCrabDaddy
Stranger
Re: Mold or Bruised Mycelium? [Re: SpaceBaby]
    #27340329 - 06/08/21 04:12 PM (6 days, 9 hours ago)

Hey all, any idea what this contam might be?

I want to transfer from the opposite side but not sure if there are risks in opening this up. I've never done a transfer from a dirty plate.

It's a third gen transfer from MSS so I could go back a plate if I'm better off just tossing it. Rather push on though, if I can.

Edited by CrabDaddy (06/08/21 04:13 PM)

OfflineGriNn
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Mold or Bruised Mycelium? [Re: CrabDaddy]
    #27340512 - 06/08/21 07:13 PM (6 days, 6 hours ago)

Hey guys, not sure if this is the right place to post pics of my own grow but thought I'd start here rather than make a whole new thread.

I've just gotten back into growing again since a friend had his housing situation change and gave me his PF cakes he'd been colonizing. They've been going slowwww for about 3 weeks now. Most of the cakes have some form of pinning with a few 1" little guys but man I'm used to seeing them explode once pinning happens. They're A+ variety FYI.

First one is of a white spot that's only appeared in the last 3-4 days. Is this the start of trich? Or just the myc growing?

The others are a bit less concerning, they've been there longer and haven't really grown. Anyone know what the cause of any of these are? For the record I just took a Q-tip to try the swab test and see if anything comes off, but nothing really seemed to stick to the Q-tip.

Thank you!

InvisibleSmartattackS
C'mon man
 User Gallery

Loc: A thought
Re: Mold or Bruised Mycelium? [Re: GriNn]
    #27340517 - 06/08/21 07:25 PM (6 days, 6 hours ago)

The first one is trich which will be turning green soon.

OfflineSpaceBabyS
alchemist-in-traininng
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Loc: My Own Private Idaho
Re: Mold or Bruised Mycelium? [Re: Smartattack]
    #27340532 - 06/08/21 07:36 PM (6 days, 6 hours ago)

Quote:

Smartattack said:

Hey Smart,

Is this bruised myc or what he's got? All these cakes have been producing for more than a month...80+g dry - ain't bulk, but good for the clusterheadaches. It looks like it, but you guys got the eyes. If so down the toilet, ok? The other 9 cakes will go bad, or not necessarily.

\

tyia

:kittytakedown:

--------------------
SpaceBaby

:babypalm:

the boss:

Edited by SpaceBaby (06/08/21 07:38 PM)

Offlinemoshe1

#27340536 - 06/08/21 07:41 PM (6 days, 6 hours ago)

Space, thats trichoderma, same stuff as above

anyone know what contam this is on my agar dishes?

--------------------

Edited by moshe1 (06/08/21 07:42 PM)

OfflineSpaceBabyS
alchemist-in-traininng

Re: Mold or Bruised Mycelium? [Re: moshe1]
    #27340558 - 06/08/21 07:54 PM (6 days, 6 hours ago)

Quote:

moshe1 said:
Space, thats trichoderma, same stuff as above

Thanks. It is the first showing since I started this hobby. Weird that it happens late in the 3rd flush, or is it? I flushed it down the shitter. Are the other 9 cakes doomed, a bunch of them have small fruits. In fact, it the tub toast. I'm gonna do my best with the search engine.

--------------------
SpaceBaby

the boss:

InvisibleSmartattackS
C'mon man
 User Gallery

#27340596 - 06/08/21 08:24 PM (6 days, 5 hours ago)

You did the right thing. That cake did it's time. Contam is going to happen eventually, it's not your fault if something is green after 3-4 flushes. I'm impressed that so many of you bother at all, I pull one first flush from tubs and then dump it pretty much regardless nowadays. Never seems worth the time and space to stretch when there's new spawn waiting in line. 🙂

OfflineSpaceBabyS
alchemist-in-traininng

#27340627 - 06/08/21 08:41 PM (6 days, 5 hours ago)

Quote:

Smartattack said:
You did the right thing. That cake did it's time. Contam is going to happen eventually, it's not your fault if something is green after 3-4 flushes. I'm impressed that so many of you bother at all, I pull one first flush from tubs and then dump it pretty much regardless nowadays. Never seems worth the time and space to stretch when there's new spawn waiting in line. 🙂

Thanks, Smart. So I can let the other cakes finish their current in-progress flush? Cool. I have been playk g with the last pd tek while transferring agar (lol 74 plates all over the house and I've throw. out a bunch, mostly scarred T0s and T1) colonizing oats, making LCs and readingreadingreading.

Since, on top of the fun stuff it's the only good cluster headache medicine—CH is the most agonizing horror... would only wish it on special shitheads.

Got 13 shoeboxes in the bedroom with me, will have 24 tomorrow.

The shoeboxes instead on monotubs is cause I don't have perfect spawn down. I box per quart; the Time of Quarantine.

--------------------
SpaceBaby

the boss:

OfflineGriNn
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #27340634 - 06/08/21 08:50 PM (6 days, 5 hours ago)

Quote:

Smartattack said:

Thanks man, I thought it might be. All the other cakes are contaminated also right? Can I still pull the small fruit bodies off the cakes on the opposite side of the chamber for consumption or are those toast also?

Edited by GriNn (06/08/21 08:52 PM)

InvisibleSmartattackS
C'mon man
 User Gallery

#27340636 - 06/08/21 08:52 PM (6 days, 5 hours ago)

Shoebox is nothing to be ashamed of. It's almost the perfect way to grow, especially if you don't need shitloads of mush.

InvisibleSmartattackS
C'mon man
 User Gallery

#27340639 - 06/08/21 08:53 PM (6 days, 5 hours ago)

Quote:

GriNn said:
Quote:

Smartattack said:

Thanks man, I thought it might be. All the other cakes are contaminated also right? Can I still pull the small fruit bodies for consumption or are those toast also?

I'm on my phone so I can't see what's wrong with the others if anything. And a bit of trich is ok to eat, you are eating it daily anyways. 😂

OfflineGriNn
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #27340665 - 06/08/21 09:12 PM (6 days, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

Smartattack said:
Quote:

GriNn said:
Quote:

Smartattack said:

Thanks man, I thought it might be. All the other cakes are contaminated also right? Can I still pull the small fruit bodies for consumption or are those toast also?

I'm on my phone so I can't see what's wrong with the others if anything. And a bit of trich is ok to eat, you are eating it daily anyways. 😂

Good to know, thank you! I tossed the one that had the trich and will keep the other 11 going. I would have tossed everything otherwise so thanks for bringing that up haha. And no worries, I think the rest are fine although being partially color blind makes me doubt myself on some of these spots haha.

Here's a few pics of the remaining 11 cakes if you or anyone wants to weigh in on them at some point. Thanks again fellas!

OfflineSpaceBabyS
alchemist-in-traininng

#27340705 - 06/08/21 09:47 PM (6 days, 4 hours ago)

Quote:

GriNn said:
Quote:

Smartattack said:
Quote:

GriNn said:
Quote:

Smartattack said:

Good to know, thank you! I tossed the one that had the trich and will keep the other 11 going. I would have tossed everything otherwise so thanks for bringing that up haha. And no worries, I think the rest are fine although being partially color blind makes me doubt myself on some of these spots haha.

Here's a few pics of the remaining 11 cakes if you or anyone wants to weigh in on them at some point. Thanks again fellas!

I need their eyes, too. How you feel about the two rt-hnd cakes in pic one and the top rt in pic three?

Thanks to your string and Smart's responses, I was able to keep 3 TC cakes and a B+. The other 6 were toast, but I got 3 good flushes out of them: 463 g wet. Don't know if that is good for other PF TEK, but it'll keep me happy while my bottle-teks and shoeboxes develop. I'm doing shoeboxes because I too noob to demand 7 clean quarts of spawn from my skills, so if there are problems it's only one box per jar.

--------------------
SpaceBaby

the boss:

Invisibleninja cat 09S
A paranoid android

Loc: Mexico Flag
    #27341293 - 06/09/21 10:42 AM (5 days, 15 hours ago)

Quote:

moshe1 said:

Those look clean to me, is that cube myc? Maybe it's just not rhizomorphic.

I have a plate of pink oyster here I saw a tiny spot of bacteria on (about 1mm diameter), but it has been overrun by the oyster mycelium. I'm just wondering if there would have been a way to identify it in case I hadn't seen it earlier. To me this looks perfectly healthy:

I also got a Lion's Mane plate that was overrun by some sort of contam, just want to know if this looks like mushroom mycelium to anyone or if it's mold? I'm tempted to grow it out to see what it is :lol:

--------------------
             :crazykitty:

Offlinemoshe1

Re: Mold or Bruised Mycelium? [Re: ninja cat 09]
    #27341786 - 06/09/21 05:03 PM (5 days, 8 hours ago)

yup all cubes. really? i got a lot of mixed answers.

i got like 5 different strains going. all i need is a single clean culture to kick things off i've been struggling with this for weeks

--------------------

Edited by moshe1 (06/09/21 07:18 PM)

Invisibleninja cat 09S
A paranoid android

Loc: Mexico Flag
    #27341802 - 06/09/21 05:18 PM (5 days, 8 hours ago)

Been a looong time since I grew cubes and I never grew them on agar, wouldn't know what to tell ya. The growth looks consistently like one thing to me, but it is awfully fuzzy looking instead of rhizomorphic how I think cubes should look. Grow it out on a test cake and see?

--------------------
             :crazykitty:

OfflineSpaceBabyS
alchemist-in-traininng

#27342192 - 06/09/21 10:54 PM (5 days, 3 hours ago)

Quote:

moshe1 said:
yup all cubes. really? i got a lot of mixed answers.

i got like 5 different strains going. all i need is a single clean culture to kick things off i've been struggling with this for weeks

5 "varieties" || see BOD on strains vs varieties

Working in a SAB? Couple of good TEKs around on sterile technique. Unfortunately, after that it's practrice. [I'm early in the practice stage. Thank Myc for these folks who help.]

--------------------
SpaceBaby

the boss:

Offlinemoshe1

#27342237 - 06/09/21 11:41 PM (5 days, 2 hours ago)

ive been saying varieties and know the difference for a while now.  i've read through the forums through the years heh.  just wrote 'strains' for whatever reason this time not too sure why.

working in my clean room in front of a hood, but got a SAB on the side for nasty plates

--------------------

Edited by moshe1 (06/09/21 11:42 PM)

OfflineSpaceBabyS
alchemist-in-traininng

#27342245 - 06/09/21 11:50 PM (5 days, 2 hours ago)

Quote:

moshe1 said:
ive been saying varieties and know the difference for a while now.  i've read through the forums through the years heh.  just wrote 'strains' for whatever reason this time not too sure why.

working in my clean room in front of a hood, but got a SAB on the side for nasty plates

Noob[Me] attempts to be helpful. v:shrug:

--------------------
SpaceBaby

the boss:

Jump to top. Pages: < First | < Back | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61 | 62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | Next >

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds, High THC Strains   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore Bulk Substrate, Cultivation Supplies, North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Amazon ½ Pint Jars, Agar

Mushrooms, Mycology and Psychedelics >> Mushroom Cultivation