Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: < First | < Back | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | Next > | Last >
InvisiblePastywhyteMDiscord
Say hello to my little friend
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: starbones]
    #26999627 - 10/23/20 12:17 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

starbones said:
If after switching coir back to Ecoearth and going back to boiling doesn't stop the mold outbreaks I don't know what I'm going to do. Lost another two tubs this morning as well as two shoeboxes. All different spawn from different genetics.

Sucks, severely depressed about this. A hundred or more successful monotubs this year alone and tons of shoeboxes. No issues.

I may be wrong but have you ruled out the spawn? I don’t recall seeing if you solved the spawn issue. Cron spawned to unpasteurized hpoo and had success but only because his spawn was rock solid. If it was just some seeds or whatever in the coir I could see losing a random tub here or there but not huge fails. Anything over 20% fail makes me think it’s all spawn unless there is some random yet monumental issue at play. I doubt it’s bulk substrate though.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestarbones
I'm an alien, I eat uranium.
I'm a teapot

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Pastywhyte] * 1
    #26999665 - 10/23/20 12:39 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah I went back to old grain masters from successful grows, same. Tested LC on plates it was good. Tested colonized grain on a plate it was good. Used newer spawn, some older stuff from my B+ grow. All the same.

I am going through a fungus gnat problem which is more or less coming to an end now. However as I said I had switched to beatspeat and stopped boiling in my bucket tek. Hamloaf said he had the same problem with beatspeat.
I am sure with the age of some of these spawn jars that mold would have sporulated in vitro by now.

I haven't spawned a bag ever since I had so many problems with it. This is all jars and good looking fresh mushroom smelling ones with healthy mycellium. These are recovering after their 90% shake. Was saying out of 240+ jars I've only lost 2-3% of them

Getting both trich and aspergillus so I've tossed every monotub and I'm just colonizing grow bags with spawn+sub for awhile to ensure I've nailed down the fungus gnats.

Edited by starbones (10/23/20 03:09 PM)

Offlinestarbones
I'm a teapot

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: starbones] * 1
    #26999924 - 10/23/20 03:16 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Little experiment from the other day.
Sterilized some distilled water in a jar and tossed in a fungus gnat in front of my flowhood. Mold likes to eat the lil fuckers so I imagine they've as people have pointed out are just covered in the shit which could be the problem.

Mold spores might not like to germinate on coir but I bet they love a gnat corpse and will germinate on it and then spread to the coir, or they find one lil bit of growing mold and track it around with em. Either way I've got a good feeling this is the vector since the sealed bags of sub+spawn I made up last week that the little shitheads couldn't get into are colonizing fine without showing contamination (yet).

Edited by starbones (10/23/20 03:17 PM)

InvisibleF. 3
Flowing
Other
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Inthepit]
    #27000758 - 10/24/20 02:27 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Inthepit said:
Quote:

I'm using an ozone generator, purge the room with that thing and trust it killed the shit I cant see.
Maybe that would help you out too.
Im using Airthereal MA10k-PRO. fairly cheap considering the trouble you are going through.

Ooooh, does it smell like just after lightning?
I had a Jacobs Ladder in my bedroom
between a window and a Maryjane plant for security!

So you don't get any lung issues with a room full of ozone?
        :goodnews:

Haha, for the greater good the manufacturer sent an instruction manual and I can search on the web how to deal with this in a safe manner.

I take out all living things out of the space I wanna ozone. not that cruel.
it would be interesting to try working with room full of ozone, once.

wait the time necessary so ozone cleared out, doesn't take much time, 30min -2h . :coffee: :spliff:
proceed.

Offlinestarbones
I'm a teapot

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: F. 3] * 1
    #27000979 - 10/24/20 08:47 AM (3 years, 5 months ago)

As of right now all the bags that I spawned two weeks ago are contamination free. Strongly believe at this point it all comes down to these fungus gnats which are being nuked between sticky strips, ACV bowls and BTI. Very relieved to see nice healthy mycelium in the bags and I'll admit there's something kinda cool about a sub/spawn brick in-a-bag.

I have one monotub that they won't seem to go near and I'm not sure why. That one is now on its second flush. It's the only monotub that survived.

Fuck fungus gnats.

Offlinesmalltalk_canceled
Babnik
 User Gallery

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: starbones]
    #27001573 - 10/24/20 05:00 PM (3 years, 5 months ago)

My azurens is bruising some
spots inside the jar.
Dryness, bacteria?

Edited by smalltalk_canceled (10/24/20 05:00 PM)

OfflineDanMatrix
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: smalltalk_canceled]
    #27015927 - 11/01/20 03:24 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Was hoping someone could advise if this mycelium is contaminated with mold?  There are some green shades on the grains that make me suspicious....

Offlinedarecar33
Stranger
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: DanMatrix]
    #27016701 - 11/02/20 03:24 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Hello
Sommetimes im having problems with reddish contamination with red dots on top... im doing on rye grain, small jars, sterilized in pressure cooker...all the time same thing...but soometimes half of the jars are contaminated, and the other half there is nice white micelium...i have some pictures..,can somebody please halp me what i am doing wrong?? Thank you

Offlinebunsie
Stranger

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: DanMatrix]
    #27016776 - 11/02/20 05:33 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

DanMatrix said:
Was hoping someone could advise if this mycelium is contaminated with mold?  There are some green shades on the grains that make me suspicious....

Looks contaminated to me

OfflineDanMatrix
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: bunsie]
    #27017076 - 11/02/20 08:53 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

bunsie said:
Quote:

DanMatrix said:

Looks contaminated to me

Well that sucks.  Thank you for your feedback.

Offlinebradical
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Kizzle]
    #27020157 - 11/03/20 07:50 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I spawned a tub of PE on Friday (10/30/20). Its been about 5 days so far and I am already at 80-90% colonization. Was wondering if I could get some feedback and opinions on whether this tub is contaminated or not. Attached are some photos of the tub. Had a weird smell coming off it when I opened it to take some pics and am starting to notice some really fuzzy mycelium around the edges of the tub. This colonization time seems extremely fast to me and I am a bit worried I might be dealing with cowed mold. Sorry about the lighting, took these pics at night and used a flashlight to shine it on the tub to try and make the mycelium a little more visible. I was also wondering what you guys think about taping up holes during colonization or stuffing with polyfil. I am starting to think my sub will not get as wet during colonization if I start stuffing the holes with polyfil when I spawn the tub instead of covering with duct tape.

Edited by bradical (11/03/20 07:54 PM)

Offlinebunsie
Stranger

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: bradical]
    #27021382 - 11/04/20 12:34 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

I don't see any contamination, but it could be maybe deeper in the substrate depending on the smell?

OfflinePoosh12
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: bunsie]
    #27029148 - 11/08/20 07:24 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

This is my first time growing and once I broke up the mycelium when about 70 percent of the bag colonized (and was totally white), some black specks have been forming. I am wondering if this is contamination and if I should not continue to the next step. It looks like specks on the grain and I can’t tell if it’s just the grain or mold. http://

OfflineSleet
Stranger

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Poosh12]
    #27030047 - 11/09/20 11:31 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Hey folks... sad day. I've got my first couple of North Spore spawn bags inoculated with B+ LC. They have been populating for around 3 months-- though maybe more. Second picture is a few weeks younger than the first, and I redistributed them three times over that time period. Now they finally seem fully populated when I handle em, but boy oh boy...

Did I just wait too long? These look awfully bad... so much condensation at the bottom. I've gotta start all over with new culture, don't I? I'm heartbroken.

edit: argh, sorry the images are too big-- can't seem to resize with bbcode

Edited by Sleet (11/09/20 11:40 AM)

InvisibleF. 3
Flowing
Other
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Sleet]
    #27030077 - 11/09/20 11:43 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, that's a toss.

you should have shaken better the whole thing after inoculation so LC would have been distributed much better through out the bag.
maybe the tek u used to inoc. wasnt executed properly.

OfflineSleet
Stranger

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: F. 3]
    #27030124 - 11/09/20 12:15 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

A real drag. Thought I was being awfully careful, liberal isopropyl use on hands, bag, work surfaces, flame sterilized needle-- but that's troubleshooting. Not looking forward to another few months without antidepressants.

Maybe I'll try agar next... finally get that pressure cooker.

OfflineInthepit
Aum Mani Padme Hum
Male User Gallery

Loc: Puerto Rico
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Sleet] * 1
    #27030218 - 11/09/20 01:09 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Sleet said:
Hey folks... sad day
edit: argh, sorry the images are too big-- can't seem to resize with bbcode

Try this How to add a picture to a post

--------------------
:sporedrop: GLOSSARY  :sporedrop: ACROMYMS!   :sporedrop: GETTING STARTED :sporedrop:

Offlinethe man
still masked
Other User Gallery

Loc: C A N A D A
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Inthepit]
    #27030904 - 11/09/20 11:14 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

3 months colonizing!! something aint right sounds like got a mix in ur LC :wink:

poosh: it looks like the knots are just bruising looks blue more then black?

OfflineGnidrolog
Majestic Poobah
 User Gallery

Loc: omotion
Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Kizzle]
    #27034013 - 11/11/20 06:48 PM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Is this jar bacterial? Noc'd 1 month ago via G2G.

Edit: These are oats.

--------------------

Edited by Gnidrolog (11/11/20 06:55 PM)

Offlinestarbones
I'm a teapot

Re: Recognizing and dealing with contamination [Re: Gnidrolog]
    #27034777 - 11/12/20 08:29 AM (3 years, 4 months ago)

Wait for another opinion but when I get metabolites everywhere like such and uncolonized surfaces on grains against glass like such without anything more going on it's usually bacillus. Something I only ever get with oats and poopcorn.

--------------------
Listen, I'm steel fisted with the iron lung
Heavy metal ballads out the guitar where lions run.

Jump to top Pages: < First | < Back | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 | 43 | 44 | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48 | 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | Next > | Last >

Shop: North Spore Bulk Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale